Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do I want to call my husband a pig

This is going to be a petty post let me say it right up front…… . I am still less then a wk past my surgery and I wanted to try the fat free Creamsicle pops. Still not released to drive. Sooooo the hubby has me order a pizza and wings for him and the son. Again, no problem I am not the least bit hungry for that crap yet anyway. Wait for it…… he just went to bad and never went to Foodlion for my da$n Creamsicles. I may not even speak to him again until next week when I need a ride for my followup with the Surgeon!

Well that stinks. Just curious, why can you not drive yet? I am still pre op but my dr and paperwork says driving is fine after I'm off the strong pain meds.

Oh I hear ya, that first month is brutal and the food aggressions comes out full force. My boyfriend brought back attack tacos instead of the chk tacos I was allowed to eat....guess what happened to his tacos, smeared I did all over his chair in a glorious fit of rage

Oh I hear ya, that first month is brutal and the food aggressions comes out full force. My boyfriend brought back attack tacos instead of the chk tacos I was allowed to eat....guess what happened to his tacos, smeared I did all over his chair in a glorious fit of rage

Hilarious!

Well that stinks. Just curious, why can you not drive yet? I am still pre op but my dr and paperwork says driving is fine after I'm off the strong pain meds.

My post op guidlines are no driving for at least the first 7 days. Maybe it's the city inwhich I live is like the Indy 500 daily ????

"Why do I want to call my wife a pig?" Wonder what type of reception that would have received on here.

My pain meds made me super aggressive. I had little patience and the smallest things would REALLY piss me off. A few days out of surgery I left some beef broth sitting on the counter to come back to later and for some reason I'll never understand, our 15 year old son asked if he could eat it for snack, even weirder, my husband said yes. When I came back for it and he told me he had given it away I was FURIOUS! Now, it WAS thoughtless of him to give away something that wasn't his, especially since it should have been obvious it was mine being on all liquids and all. And we don't just have broth sitting around the house waiting to be eaten all the time..................but I shouldn't have thrown my cell phone at him in full force, or called him and my son thoughtless jerks............I had a couple other outbursts but that was the worst one. We figured out it was the pain meds and I switched to Motrin during the day and oxy at night so I'd sleep through the bitchiness. Gotta say, he was super patient with me. I do NOT miss that. Also, I'd be the worst drug addict ever.

"Why do I want to call my wife a pig?" Wonder what type of reception that would have received on here.

Well did she give you a reason to call her a pig? If so and you were as aggravated at her as I was at my husband you would have got the same reception that I would have. Right… Husband or Wife, being inconsiderate crosses all gender dude just sayin… .

My pain meds made me super aggressive. I had little patience and the smallest things would REALLY piss me off. A few days out of surgery I left some beef broth sitting on the counter to come back to later and for some reason I'll never understand, our 15 year old son asked if he could eat it for snack, even weirder, my husband said yes. When I came back for it and he told me he had given it away I was FURIOUS! Now, it WAS thoughtless of him to give away something that wasn't his, especially since it should have been obvious it was mine being on all liquids and all. And we don't just have broth sitting around the house waiting to be eaten all the time..................but I shouldn't have thrown my cell phone at him in full force, or called him and my son thoughtless jerks............I had a couple other outbursts but that was the worst one. We figured out it was the pain meds and I switched to Motrin during the day and oxy at night so I'd sleep through the bitchiness. Gotta say, he was super patient with me. I do NOT miss that. Also, I'd be the worst drug addict ever.

It didn't amount to me actually saying anything to him I called my daughter and she bought over the silly popsicles it was more the lack of consideration. In my case he knew I could not acquire them without his assistance. In yours I was probably just forgeting that the food plan in the house has been totally changed and he just responded his normal "sure, go ahead" without thinking. I can see my hubby doing the same thing. Btw we just had our 27th anniversary in June and we are both 48, so have spent our adult lives together so I think it's ok to get a little pissed about stuff from time to time. I'm glad that we are not the only couple that disagree and move on lol

It was inconsiderate of him to not get your Popsicles. RUDE!!! And you're right, my husband just didn't think about it, annoying, but human. Glad you got your Popsicles. Yay for other women;)

Edited by Mandyctr

Well did she give you a reason to call her a pig? If so and you were as aggravated at her as I was at my husband you would have got the same reception that I would have. Right… Husband or Wife, being inconsiderate crosses all gender dude just sayin… .

Unfortunately, I have read posts where a few women become quite militant if a man says something negative about their own wife or girlfriend.

Granted if the man has a wife AND a girlfriend at the same time, that would be a justifyable response. ;)

lord help me...my hubs made something delicious, and i may or may not have thrown his second helping on the floor...i'm very happy to blame the post op terrible two first weeks for that...

Don't get mad, get even.

Once you are able to drive take your son, just your son, out for ice cream and pizza. Just for him. You stick to your diet! Tell your hubby you are going for something else but want to take your son with you.

When you get home tell hubby what you did and ask how his dinner was.

Bring home a box of your creamsicles too. Just the creamsicles. Make a point of laying them on the counter while he's watching :)

Don't get mad, get even.

Once you are able to drive take your son, just your son, out for ice cream and pizza. Just for him. You stick to your diet! Tell your hubby you are going for something else but want to take your son with you.

When you get home tell hubby what you did and ask how his dinner was.

Bring home a box of your creamsicles too. Just the creamsicles. Make a point of laying them on the counter while he's watching :)

Now that is funny ???? what a cheeky idea!

Unfortunately, I have read posts where a few women become quite militant if a man says something negative about their own wife or girlfriend.

Granted if the man has a wife AND a girlfriend at the same time, that would be a justifyable response. ;)

I understand that but I just made an offhanded comment that was more about inconsiderate people and this example just happened to involve my husband. I for one, am never going to take a side based on gender. I am a Capricorn and an ESTJ personality so to me right is right wrong is wrong and "feelings" were ment to be a song. So let me apologize upfront to anyone that I offend I don't mean to offend, it just is what it is.