Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To much protein ?

Is there such a thing as to much Protein? ? I just entered my food log on fitness pal and I hit 120 grams of protein. Is that to much!!! I am four weeks post op. Also sodium... It seems my sodium intake is really high although I am following my NUT plan... Should I be concern about that to?

Yes there is such a thing, but you aren't there at 120g. In fact if you're a guy you're probably getting just enough! Too much Protein at one time especially can cause kidney problems. But that's WAY too much Protein.< /p>

I do wonder how you are getting in that much protein so early out though! I am 18 months out and struggle to get in 90g/day!

Good job!

Sodium is a problem for blood pressure and the heart so yeah, I'd watch processed foods especially to get those numbers down

Yes, there definitely is such a thing as too much Protein. The rule of thumb that I have been told over and over is 1 gram for every inch you are tall. I am 70 inches so I should be shooting for 70 grams.

Now, I have kidney disease so I do have to be careful. I shoot for 75 to 80 grams max per day and I know I will be ok. However I will say that I have seen my BUN levels creeping up so I have to watch it closely.

Well any weight based calculation is just a rule of thumb. It's based on your lean body mass and to know that you have to have your weight AND body fat percentage but even then there are different schools of thought about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ludosummerl

An online Ludo game is called Ludo Summer. Ludo Summer supports local multiplayer, internet multiplayer, and computer opponents. A record breaking casual game in the history of mobile gaming · Voice Chat, 6 Player Ludo, Quick Ludo mode, Tournaments, and many other exciting features!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nonna1213

Hi!  I am 7weeks post-op. Have lost a total 65lbs, 27 since surgery. Anyone else on my same timeline
      · 0 replies
    • Giginc

Just starting my journey...little nervous
      · 0 replies
    • Joset

My name is Jose and I am from the UK, I had a gastric bypass a month ago so I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
      I would like to know how many calories I should be eating a day to stay healthy, thank you for your time
      · 1 reply
      1. summerseeker

Hello Joset, why haven't you been given a diet plan? Did you have your surgery in the UK? Every surgeon has a different diet, and no two people are on the same one. Weird I know. Contact your team if you can

Mine was two weeks clear liquids

Two weeks on soups, milk shakes and broths all with out lumps

two weeks on pureed foods { I couldn't stomach this step }

two weeks on soft foods like Protein yogurt, stewed mince and veg, soft scrambled eggs. Pate on hard crackers

Then onto any food I fancied. If you struggle on any step or with any foods go back a step for a few days. Eggs, salmon and chicken are hard for beginners.

Sorry I missed your original post, hope you are still on here.

• SpartanMaker

Today is the day!  Have to be at the hospital in a couple of hours.  So ready get this done!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches