Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third Fill - tight

Had op mid March and have had two fills so far with no restriction at all.

Went yesterday for another fill and Dr decided to put more in as I have quite a distance to travel. He first took out all the liquid to make sure I have no leaks and then put it back plus the new fill. He then sent me to drink some Water and to eat a banana - I managed both with no problem at all - he then filled some more - again sending me to eat. I sipped some water OK - could only manage a couple of pieces of banana but decided to go with this as I hope this is the restriction I need.

Today I can only just have tiny sips of fluids so not sure whether I am a little too tight. Am quite willing to stay on liquids for a while as that seems to be the only way I can lose any weight at all.

Just wondered if anyone can advise. Does the band slacken slightly a while after having a fill [thinking any swelling would go down and also losing weight - would that have an effect on the tightness of the band] If it does get slacker over time I am more than happy to go with this to see - I don't actually feel as if I could eat anything at the moment but wondering if that will change after a few days on liquids /mushies.

I now have 4cc in my band [think it is a 10cc band]

I had my 4th fill on July 5th. I had 2.25 cc's until then. I could eat and drink anything. Well this time he did the fill will I drank the barium...yuck... anyway he put in ove 2cc's more. So know I have 4.2 cc's in a 4 cc's band. Well I started with the liquids fo 24 hours went to muchies yesterday. I can not eat more then 2 bites before I am pb'ing. I can sip the Water ok. I was supposed to start saof to solid today but the scrambled egg said no. I have not had very much to eat or drink since the fill. It hurts. I will give this 1 week and if it does not let up I will need a de fill. I know there is always some swelling after a fill so I will give it a little time. :hungry: Its a 3 hour :) to my dr so I have to wait.

I had my first fill last week and while I got the Water in the office down fine, later that day I was really tight. Stayed tight for one more day and now I'm feeling very little restriction. My surgeon said that a lot of people swell a little after the fills and it takes a few days to go down. I've also heard on here though that you can tighten up a week or two after a fill which is bizarre. As long as you are getting liquids in (and liquid protein) you are probably ok waiting another day or two. If you stop getting your liquids in or start feeling badly you should call your surgeon and maybe see if he can unfill you a little.

Good luck!

what doctor are you using? your not suppose to drink anything for 1 & 1/2 hours after eating .... but ive had a tight fill and it lossens up after about a week just get some gas x the anti acid medicines dont work with the fill because the band is tight the gas cant escape easy thats why you have pain and can just drink a few sips

Yes, you may see a difference after waiting a week. I would give it a week and see how you are feeling . You may need a slight unfill.

just wanted to let ya all know I am finally doing fine with the fourth fill. I just had to give it time. I went back on the full liquids for another 24 hr and it has helped. I am finally losing weight. I might even make my labor day goal!

Karen:clap2:

I had my 4th fill on July 5th. I had 2.25 cc's until then. I could eat and drink anything. Well this time he did the fill will I drank the barium...yuck... anyway he put in ove 2cc's more. So know I have 4.2 cc's in a 4 cc's band. Well I started with the liquids fo 24 hours went to muchies yesterday. I can not eat more then 2 bites before I am pb'ing. I can sip the Water ok. I was supposed to start saof to solid today but the scrambled egg said no. I have not had very much to eat or drink since the fill. It hurts. I will give this 1 week and if it does not let up I will need a de fill. I know there is always some swelling after a fill so I will give it a little time. :hungry: Its a 3 hour ;) to my dr so I have to wait.

So how long was it before you felt okay? I had my second fill five days ago and I am tighter now than in the first couple days after the fill. I, too, can only eat about two bites before I am PB-ing, and it is worse than ever...takes longer, feels stronger. I do NOT want to get an unfill, and my doc is only four minutes away. I guess I will give up trying to eat my salmon for tonight and go make some Soup. This is not fun.

I'm on day three after my 2nd fill and still fill a bit tight... not sore, but I have to eat very slooooooowly.

I'm eating mushies like applesauce Yummy!

but now I know what you all mean by sliming cos....YUCK-O!

I thought I had it under control. One day I can eat the next I can't. I have been vomiting all day to day. I don't want a unfill I am losing but I am misserable on somedays. I do fine that if I am expericeing stress it seems tighter. I have had a lot of it too. My dad was diagnosed with liver cancer after haveing colon cancer. My mom seems to need me more and I also have to babysit for my grandson (I choose to). I worry about my husband since I see him so little. Hes a long haul truck driver. So stress is bad. I think if I could just settle down and not try to use my shoulders for everyone else I would be ok. So I have been off and on with the all liquids to soft for days. I was ok all of last week but then my brother got sick. More stress.

On top of all that I am working on getting my real estate licences so my hubby can be home more often.

I thought I had it under control. One day I can eat the next I can't. I have been vomiting all day to day. I don't want a unfill I am losing but I am misserable on somedays. I do fine that if I am expericeing stress it seems tighter. I have had a lot of it too. My dad was diagnosed with liver cancer after haveing colon cancer. My mom seems to need me more and I also have to babysit for my grandson (I choose to). I worry about my husband since I see him so little. Hes a long haul truck driver. So stress is bad. I think if I could just settle down and not try to use my shoulders for everyone else I would be ok. So I have been off and on with the all liquids to soft for days. I was ok all of last week but then my brother got sick. More stress.

On top of all that I am working on getting my real estate licences so my hubby can be home more often.

Wow I'm studying for my Real Estate License too....

Good luck with that sweetheart!!!!

Well it's been eight days for me, and I'm still very tight. I can't eat meat very well, if at all. chicken salad even gets stuck if I don't wait a while between bites. Fruits and veggies are mostly okay, but again taking it slow or I feel them going through the band tightly. I have a very hard time going super slow to eat. I've always been a slow eater, but this is ridiculous. I'm having a hard time changing my habits to eat super-slow. I'll keep working on it...I'm determined to NOT have an unfill.

Well it's been eight days for me, and I'm still very tight. I can't eat meat very well, if at all. chicken salad even gets stuck if I don't wait a while between bites. Fruits and veggies are mostly okay, but again taking it slow or I feel them going through the band tightly. I have a very hard time going super slow to eat. I've always been a slow eater, but this is ridiculous. I'm having a hard time changing my habits to eat super-slow. I'll keep working on it...I'm determined to NOT have an unfill.

I do believe our little PA.....got "fill happy"! I'm very tight as well! Somedays no matter what I eat....how slow...and how much I chew....it gets stuck! Even Protein shakes on some days get stuck. What worries me is that I've thrown up about 5 times.

I do believe our little PA.....got "fill happy"! I'm very tight as well! Somedays no matter what I eat....how slow...and how much I chew....it gets stuck! Even Protein shakes on some days get stuck. What worries me is that I've thrown up about 5 times.

HA! You have the same center as me...cool. I agree that she got "fill happy". I've thrown up a couple times, too. But it IS starting to ease up, but I have to sip Water with meat. My Protein shake in the morning is sometimes tough to get down, also...I'm tighter in the mornings some days. I'm trying to make sure I get in enough calories. It's getting easier. How many days has it been since your fill?

Guest ZenGarden

You guys are SO LUCKY and I'm getting jealous!! I've had 2 fills and barely have any restriction at all. I can eat ANYTHING as long as I chew it well, and I'm hungry all the time.

I'm going for a 3rd fill on August 16th and I sure as HECK hope my PA gets fill happy!!!!! I would LOVE to be as tight as you guys are...

Good luck!

-Shannon