Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone constantly say to themselves "Oh I've only lost ... "

I just caught myself saying that in my head and then feeling like I've not done enough to loose more ...

I'm only 7 weeks out tomorrow ... Do I expect it to fall off overnight?

It sure didn't jump on me overnight ...

I am following the rules ... actually find it kinda easy right now ... not wanting things I cannot have ... not even wanting to be "bad" ... so those things are good ...

Yes, I could exercise more ... but I'm wiped out at the end of the work day ... my body isn't light enough yet to wanna do anything more ... or even have the brain energy to think about doing more ....

I know I will get there ... I KNOW IT ...

Just have to keep reminding myself ... this is a journey ... Not an overnight trip!

I'm trying to have your attitude about this. I'm only 4 weeks post and I stalled for about 10 days or so. You see people who lose 90 lbs in 6 months so it's really hard not to compare yourself to them. I want to have a more positive outlook on this process, but it's hard.

Yes, people will tell me that I look great and I'm like "Oh, I've only lost 75 pounds", "got 20 more to go". I thank them too but I still don't see it I guess. I should have taken pictures of my progress, that's my only regret. Well that and losing most of my hair. Ugh

@@majorsmama ... YES I compare myself too ... Why do we do that?! We KNOW that everyone is different ... everyone's journey will be different too ... But sometimes ... you just want more more more and you want it NOW ...

It's a whole mind game our bodies play with us .... Just to make SURE we're listenting :)

@bbsbk221 I understand completely! I just told someone today the exact same thing "Oh I've only lost 53 lbs." ... They are over the moon and tell me how exciting that is and stick with it and you're changing in your face, etc etc ... I'd like to borrow their eyes for just a minute to see what they see ...

I find myself saying this all the time. Its like I'm just not happy with what i have achieved so far and i know i should be celebrating every single pound lost!

I think part of it is attributed to me not yet reaching my goal. At times i feel a little defeated that i have a long way still to go. Ive lost 147lbs and i have a further 70lbs till i reach my goal. I really should be celebrating but i seem to find excuses and remain unhappy with what i have achieved.

Its taken me 10 months and don't get me wrong, i have days i feel fantastic and i dont even think about my weight but there are also days where i find myself beating myself up for not having lost more and the more i lose the harder it is to get the next pound off!

Im slowly learning to love the new me and learning to accept all that comes with that whilst trying to forgive and learn from the mistakes the old me did.

Its a process and all i can do is take it one day at a time.

Best wishes to you all on your journeys.

@@VSGmary You realize how much you truly have accomplished!? WHOA!! There are people that are the same amount of time out as you that haven't lost as much...don't get me wrong...I know we're all different...but I'm in awe of your success!

I know every day is a struggle...good days and bad...but we have LOST WE I GOT ... and that is what we are trying to do... AND ITS WORKING!!

I'm not gonna stop....and you keep going too!

Yes! I made this a rule for myself before surgery. "Celebrate EVERY ounce."

I've had a stall for the past three weeks. On Monday I got on the scale and I lost 0.2 lbs. I could have thought, "Only 0.2 pounds in three weeks?!" Instead I thought, "Oh thankfully the scale is moving again!"

I've struggled with negative self-talk my entire life (I've also been overweight my entire life). When I was researching surgery I also decided I wanted to heal my view of myself and my obsession with weight. While I'm still obsessed with my scale and measuring tape, I don't give the scale as much power over me.

I also find myself thinking that also. I worry I'm not losing fast enough but then I stop and think "I have lost 40 pounds over the summer". I would have never been able to do that without surgery. I know I am doing what I need to do. I am eating heathy. I have started exercising. I drink my Water. I take my supplements. Heck, I even served homemade ice cream at a football social tonight and didn't even want any. I think we say those things to ourselves because we are so excited and anxious for this life change we have made. We are like race horses pushing to that finish line.

Atta girls! LOVE the attitudes about your losses! And you're all COMPLETELY right! It's not easy to not compare ourselves to others, but once you get past all that nonsense, it's so...freeing. It helps you continue to move forward with your own journey at your own pace without all the negativity.

After all, I think 99% of this whole thing is attitude. A good attitude helps make us successful :)

Great posts!!

I reached the lost 58/ 58 more to go stage a couple of days ago and even though I get stopped multiple times at work about my weight I still find it hard to not say I have ONLY lost 58. Its actually 74 from my highest but it is hard to not feel like it should be gone in a *snap*, even though I know like @@MrsKarenC2008 said the weight gain didn't happen in a *snap*. that's why I really appreciate my NSVs - those make it REAL!