Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any regrets on your lapband surgery? Horrible pain? No results? Constant throwing up?

No regrets . No pain meds after the 2nd day, no problems at all. If I do throw up or PB occasionally, usually it's because Ive eaten too fast or not chewed well. A hard habit to break. I started loosing weight right away, 1-2 lbs a week. I just followed the rules 95 % of the time and my body was very happy to let the weight go. Best decision ever !

Hi there, my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. I was 52 when I got my band almost two years ago. The weight loss is great but I did not expect to be so happy in other ways. Being at peace with food and having that appetite dimmed is like a miracle for me. I was spending so much time and energy beating myself up or having dialogues in my head about food. No more. The pain was not horrible. I filled the prescription for pain medication but did not use it. Discomfort, definitely, but totally worth it. Like Pink Dahlia, I only have to blap up food (it's not really throwing up -- I hate vomitting and this is very different) when I've eaten too quickly. All those years of shovelling it in and sometimes I am not mindful. But mostly I have no issues whatsoever. I eat when I'm hungry and don't eat when I'm not hungry. In the beginning I had to really focus on all of that because I hadn't really been hungry in such a long time. Plus I had to learn that being hungry is a good thing -- it's normal. Here's to being normal and having a regular relationship with food. Thank goodness for lapband because I would not have been a candidate for one of the other surgeries. I'm very conservative and had never been an overnight patient in a hospital before. I LOVE MY BAND!

HECK NO!!!! , & that's all I have to say, oh wait let me let you see the difference the first pic is me in Red with the little black sweater & the second one is of me now I don't usually wear anything black anymore because apparently I don't use black to make me look smaller or have to & I will post just one more which was about 2 weeks ago , that's me in the middle , only if I have ate TO MUCH DO I HURT , SO I REALLY TRY NOT TO ,DON'T LIKE THE FEELING LIKE SOMEONE HAS KICKED ME IN THE STOMACH , SO I DO GET MY STOP SIGNALS & put the rest for later , share it or dump it in the trash , so NO ,NO regrets at all.

post-139624-1440265780615_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14402660615973_thumb.jpg

post-139624-14402661574204_thumb.jpg

Despite what some topics focus on with anti band comments, many of us really enjoy banded life!

It totally changed my life. I am thankful for all the great years spent at a healthy weight.

What a learning experience... To no longer be focused on food and hunger. The behavior change took me years.... I want to believe it is just part of my every day life to eat smaller portions slowly..

Thank you lap band for helping me give up the internal daily struggle with food issues. I am grateful.

Debbie. Nice pics you look so happy and healthier!

No regrets. LapBand gave me my life back.

No regrets . No pain meds after the 2nd day, no problems at all. If I do throw up or PB occasionally, usually it's because Ive eaten too fast or not chewed well. A hard habit to break. I started loosing weight right away, 1-2 lbs a week. I just followed the rules 95 % of the time and my body was very happy to let the weight go. Best decision ever !

Hi, Well done on your success. I'm due to have my surgery on Sept 26th & I'm so nervous about wether I'm making the right decision. I keep flipping between the positive & negative comments & hoping this will work for me. I hope like you it will be my best decision ever! What is PB?

Willow15, PB stands for Productive Burping. Sometimes you just have to burp to get food unstuck. As a reminder, my surgeon showed me the small size of the area where the food goes down. It's smaller than a penny ! See why chewing slowly and well is important ? All I can say is the lap band gave me my life back and im very grateful ! Hope all goes well with you! Good luck !!!

Any regrets on your lapband surgery? Horrible pain? No results? Constant throwing up?

Not a single one. I've been banded 2 1/2 years so ask me again next year, or the year after but at this moment...well...you look at the pictures and tell me if I look like I have regrets.

post-142630-0-09763500-1440439164_thumb.jpg

gowalking no, you don't look like you have any regrets, but you do look adorable on your bike. Just sayin '.

Not happy with it at all. I have 1 cc of Fluid in my band and am having trouble eating yogurt and tons of different foods. Went to have fluid taken out and the doc tried to put more fluid in. I hate the band. I wish I would of gotten bypass but I was to chicken to do it.

so sorry your experience has not been good.. you still lost a good amount of weight . I would ask my surgeon to do a barium swallow to make sure your band is in place. you should not have these problems if it is. My only regret is not doing my surgery when I was younger. but life has to be lived in the future and not in the past. I am happy and healthy and that was my goal. Lapband saved my life and health.

Maybe your doctor needs to be told this to help you . So far I am happy but only one week post op down 16 lbs so far with preop diet included me still swollen and healing and did not get fill yet