Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In the first few days of my new life...

2 more days on liquids... Counting down to soft foods.. I can't wait. This weekend was hard bc I was at a family BBQ with AMAZING food and did not have one bite. I drank my shake. Drank Water, had some yogurt and then later some cottage cheese.. That was it. I don't think a scrambled egg will ever taste so good! How is everyone else doing?

I had my surgery on Monday so six days post op.

Doing really good. No pain, really.

I haven't taken anything for it since I left the hospital on Wednesday.

I plan on going to work tomorrow.

2 more days on liquids... Counting down to soft foods.. I can't wait. This weekend was hard bc I was at a family BBQ with AMAZING food and did not have one bite. I drank my shake. Drank Water, had some yogurt and then later some cottage cheese.. That was it. I don't think a scrambled egg will ever taste so good! How is everyone else doing?

Congrats on making it through that BBQ!!! Do you add anything to the cottage cheese?

I just had a Manhattan clam chowder puréed. I had been looking forward to it, but I did not like it. Cream of chicken and cream of Tomato is the only thing I seem to enjoy. I need to calculate how many more days I have till scrambled eggs. I'm so looking forward to the mushy food stage.

Hey all! August 14th here! Did anyone start an August fb? Id love to join!

I just started a secret group on FB- August 2015 sleevers.

Hi all, just wanted to offer a little support. I agree it is tough to get through the liquid diet part of recovery. Please be careful, it can be very painful if you rush your eating.

The burping is totally normal, I still burp almost 11 months out! If you are still feeling pain in your side - have you tried wearing a body shaper? Like Spanx? It helped me so much after surgery to have that extra support around my stomach.

Keep your spirits up! It gets better soon.

Can I be added to the secret group for aug sleeves please?

I had to make it searchable so you can find it. No one can see our posts. So search for it and let me know if you find it.

I had surgery the day before everyone here: August 11th. I have been drinking Water and Protein shakes. Today I added broth and SF Jello. I have gone between feeling "hungry" and deprived to fulling very full from a couple of baby spoonfuls of Jello or an ounce of broth or Protein shake. I have yet to meet my daily Protein or liquid requirements.

I am glad to find others who have just had the surgery, as I swing from "I can do this!" to "Why did I do this?"

At one of my post op visits, I talked to the Dr about this, cause I was never anywhere close at all. Esp right after surgery. He said it's one day at a time. Those are more like quidelines and not a "must". If you meet them, great. You can strive for that, but it's not a absolute must that you do it. Do what you can and call that good. After hearing that...I felt a lot better about things!

So, I am ten days out from surgery (08/11) still drinking Water, Protein shakes, broth, and eating SF Jello. I have had an ounce or two of SF pudding the past two days (not today), but it seems to fill me up for hours. Except upon waking up, I always feel fill, sometimes uncomfortably so. I have not weighed myself, and refuse to buy a scale because I know I will become obsessed, but I do feel lighter and the arthritis pain in my knee is gone, for some strange reason. I am "head hungry" quite a bit, and I had my cable turned off yesterday because I just could not stand the constant ads for food (I read a lot anyway and have lots of streaming services on my smart TV, so this isn't really a great sacrifice.)

My question to all of you: some of you are already walking and exercising. Good for you! Yet, how are you doing this? While I do not have real pain (incisions can get itchy) and feel "fine" overall, I have no energy and feel really weak overall. Taking a shower wears me out. I went to have my hair done today, and I could not wait to get back home. I went to the grocery store a couple of days ago, I was exhausted and feared that I would pass out. I know this is probably because I am not getting a lot of calories and am still healing, but I am a bit concerned. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

It took me about a month or more before I could actually do things for an extended period and not just be washed out. The first 10 days is the worst! Don't plan on exercising, walking,etc. Just give yourself time to get back to being you! I can remember about 3 days out of surgery, I finally got up enough strength to take a shower and had to have my hubby come rescue me! It's just all so draining. I think a lot is not just the surgery, but your body is taking in so little, your energy store is just depleted!

Day 12 since surgery and I finally have energy! still doing clear liguids, cream Soups (strained), SF Jello, broth. The scale seems to have stopped moving. This is disappointing. Are you all experiencing this? It would be MY body to find a way around a surgery! jk

Day 12 since surgery and I finally have energy! still doing clear liguids, cream Soups (strained), SF Jello, broth. The scale seems to have stopped moving. This is disappointing. Are you all experiencing this? It would be MY body to find a way around a surgery! jk

. Hello again it's day 12 for me and I seem to be more tired then I was was before. Crazy. I thought my Vitamins we're going to prevent that. I'm on full liquids I see my doctor on Thursday ..

it's been so hard for me I was almost in tears we've had so many events within this 12 days lol. I couldn't help but be sad. It was to hard my husband felt so bad but he pep talked me (buyers remorse set in) no regrets, he said sternly ..

it's been so hard for me I was almost in tears we've had so many events within this 12 days lol. I couldn't help but be sad. It was to hard my husband felt so bad but he pep talked me (buyers remorse set in) no regrets, he said sternly ..

Lachellove

You got this. We are all going through this adventure together. Think back to why you did this.

I gained .2lbs this morning. Been going through that in and off. My body is hanging on and all I want to do is naturally sleep and wait for sunny days.

Dragged my butt to work today and it was hard. Smelling all the street vendors and people's lunches in the office. Wanting to take down anyone with coffee and something sweet. Hoping once soft foods start Friday, that I will have more energy.

Aside from my family and fitting clothes again, here's my motivation: running a 5k in November. My first.

What do you guys want to do?

Lachellove

You got this. We are all going through this adventure together. Think back to why you did this.

I gained .2lbs this morning. Been going through that in and off. My body is hanging on and all I want to do is naturally sleep and wait for sunny days.

Dragged my butt to work today and it was hard. Smelling all the street vendors and people's lunches in the office. Wanting to take down anyone with coffee and something sweet. Hoping once soft foods start Friday, that I will have more energy.

Aside from my family and fitting clothes again, here's my motivation: running a 5k in November. My first.

What do you guys want to do?

You are absolutely right. Yay a 5k great goal you will have to keep us posted . My goal is to be more active with my children we live around 2 parks and I usually get tired to fast to take them and am ready to take them home in the first 5 mins .. And be able to walk around without getting sweaty and tired.