Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the first time in my life, for just a moment, I did not feel fat

Strange thing happened today. I was weeding in the garden, moving around quite a bit, and just for a minute, I felt like I was not fat. It was sort of an out of body experience, I was shocked as I realized I was bending over easily as I weeded, I was not out of breath, was not making animal like grunts as I worked, and it felt pretty wonderful.

I had 170# to lose. In 14 weeks, halfway there, still formally fat, but I loved that sensation. Any of you have that experience?

@ Thats awesome! Congrats!!

@ Way to go!! That feeling must have put a big smile on your face :)

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Yes, I do remember sitting in a meeting at work and realized that I had my legs crossed! I hadn't done that in years and didn't even realize I had done it!

That is a great example of an NSV! Congratulations!

Now can you come weed my garden? LOL!

@ Bravo, John! I'm beginning to realize what a truly profound thing we are doing and rejoice with you. You're doing GREAT and it will only get better with each passing pound!

I sort of had a similar experience today with clothes shopping with my sister, we were in the Lucky store, now keep in mind I haven't shopped in a "regular" store in years...I saw a shirt, loved it, tried on the XXL waaay to big, the XL, still too big...the large..perfect fit...

a large shirt in a regular store?? stick a fork in me I am DONE lol

day over!

~drops the mike~

oh my bad CONGRATS TO YOU!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT

This post wins the day.

I've had the similar experience of bending over and realizing that something about it seemed easier, more natural.

Keep up the great work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches