Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm really getting fustered

:angry:

Why on earth do they give a surgery date, fight,hotel, rental car and yet not have everything they need. Now I have to be on heartburn Meds, Now my EGD is going to be next week instead of the day before surgery. They said my insurance change. How the hack is it that the insurance can change, but I can't change insurance plans until open enrollment. The should stay the same until open enrollment too. Why is it I'm getting more info on this site then I'm from my surg team?

If one more thing happens out of plan (A )I'm going to call it quits. My pcp doesn't want me to have the VSL ANYWAY...

MAyBE ITS A SIGN...only for me. I've wanted this surgery for years, with BP, T2D now on my plate I want it more then ever. I thought I found away with true results but it looks like the powers that be are trying to take that hope away too. Sometimes I just want to give up its hard being strong one the one everyone can come to. Can I please just have this one thing. Okay I'm done just pissed...I'm not a baby:angry::angry::angry:

@@kaysunshine - hang in there it will be so worth it, trust me. Most of us have had struggles getting to THE day. Mine was first doctor appointment (11/11/2014) with surgeon and they had scheduled EKG and chest x-ray, it was a total FUBAR situation. I made it thru that. Then the psych & insurance coordinator basically telling me in December that I was choosing the wrong procedure because "no one does lap-band anymore", "too many post issues" and you won't lose enough...

I stopped the whole process in December 2014. By mid-January I was getting back into the line-up for pre-requisite nutrition classes (of course I also hit my highest weight by then 282) - I haven't looked back.

By the way - I got the sleeve, which was my original choice.

I opted for the band to begin with to please my adult daughter and for the out-patient and short recovery time aspect. I am thankful I went with my "gut" and chose the sleeve - NO REGRETS!

I know it's the right thing. Sometimes I can be a little extra...lol Hurry up I want to get this over with syndrome. I have faith I'm going to keep it thanks for your support and congrats on your choice.

It is incredibly frustrating when the insurance company gets in the way of your health. Especially when they try and override the decisions of actual medical professionals. Keep your chin up and keep on pushing through! This is something you can do!! And if you don't feel like your PCP or any other part of your team doesn't have your back, find another one. That can make all the difference in your experience. Every person involved should be on your side. We certainly are!!!

It sure does seem that way...but let me need a triple bypass thats approved. All the diabetes medication or high blood pressure medication in a abundance. No questions asked.

I had to wait an entire year. And it felt like it would never end. There were times when I wanted to give up too. But I hung in there and now I'm almost 2 weeks postop. And I can tell you from my experience that all that time spent waiting feels like nothing now.

I hope things improve for you soon, and best of luck.

I had to wait an entire year. And it felt like it would never end. There were times when I wanted to give up too. But I hung in there and now I'm almost 2 weeks postop. And I can tell you from my experience that all that time spent waiting feels like nothing now.

I hope things improve for you soon, and best of luck.

I know it well be worth the wait. To be honest ...when I first look into wls 2yrs ago my insurance won't pay at all...

I'm blessed and I'll go thur what I need to...

Some days better then the rest. Thanks everyone :)

So today I went for a pre-op. This is for the EDG.

My insurance changed and no longer will allow this procedure done the day before surgery. So out of the clear blue sky Monday morning, I was told that I had pre-op Wednesdays morning for this procedure. After filling out paperwork i asked what if you find hernia? It was told to me that would have to go another route. Unbenounced to me at the beginning of consultation, I was told most people in my condition has hiatal hernias. Getting to the end of the road now they want to check for hernia. Shouldn't that have been the first step into the weight loss journey if I'm going through the hernia program? Don't get me wrong I appreciate the program but ones hopes get so high just to be let down if you don't have one. Mind you I've done all of their procedures up to this point. Paying copay as ,I go getting prescriptions filled. Which all of this will be unnecessary if I don't have a hernia Monday morning???

EGD