Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie who is Almost There!

@ that is great! Fingers crossed for you! I have a follow up tomorrow with my surgeon to check on my weightloss so far. (He wanted me to lose 30lbs before surgery). :)

@ that is great! Fingers crossed for you! I have a follow up tomorrow with my surgeon to check on my weightloss so far. (He wanted me to lose 30lbs before surgery). :)

Good on you for working to lose 30 pounds before surgery. I gained weight eating "last meals" until I started my 2 week pre op diet. I haven't even been able to make 500 cals a day on the diet they have me on so I'm hoping I'm dropping weight like I dropped my last bf ;)

Congrats on the approval!! I called my insurance daily until I heard the good news. I am scheduled for surgery on Monday the 17th! It's getting so close and I am more excited than nervous! I'm ready to be a healthier me! I am on day 12 of the liquid diet and boy am I ready to be done with this part of the process. It does get easier as the days pass, but still looking forward to some "real" food! I wish you the best of luck!!!!

@@mishi - I did the same thing and was embarrassed, but now I am down 15 pounds on the pre-op diet! Woohoo!

@@ReeseLanden Yay!! So happy for you that your day is right around the corner!! I can't wait to see how well you do and look forward to hearing your post-op stories! I am on day 6 of the liquid diet and I'm actually feeling a lot better than I was in the beginning. I was getting headaches, I was exhausted. It was rough! My dietician put me on the liquid diet a couple of weeks early to be proactive with liver shrinkage and weight loss, although that wasn't necessary But any weight loss before, could potentially lead to better weight loss after, so I was game to do it. I imagine the two weeks actually before surgery, I'll be on the same diet, with a little less restriction. I check in with her next week on Wednesday, and then my family visit is the day right after. I have one more round of blood work to do, too.

I can't help but have this sense of worry with next week's weigh in. I don't look or feel any different and I know that if I step on that scale and haven't lost any weight, I will break down right then and there! LOL

Good on you for working to lose 30 pounds before surgery. I gained weight eating "last meals" until I started my 2 week pre op diet. I haven't even been able to make 500 cals a day on the diet they have me on so I'm hoping I'm dropping weight like I dropped my last bf ;)

LOL, I hope I'm dropping weight like you dropped your last bf too! ;)

Hi there, I am booked for the 20th and on the liquid diet now with my final per-op tomorrow. Bit nervous but I know it is the right thing for me to do! Hope you get your date soon, time is flying except for being hungry with a headache...

Hi there, I am booked for the 20th and on the liquid diet now with my final per-op tomorrow. Bit nervous but I know it is the right thing for me to do! Hope you get your date soon, time is flying except for being hungry with a headache...

Hi! I am scheduled for 09/02, just a couple of weeks after you :) Congrats!

I just posted to you on another topic, but the pre-op diet literally sucks the life out of you the first few days. I had a constant dull headache and fatigue and I was really crabby. After about day 4 or 5 you should hopefully feel a lot better. We're all different so you might even feel better sooner! Where in CA are you located @TomIam?

Hi! I am scheduled for 09/02, just a couple of weeks after you :) Congrats!

I just posted to you on another topic, but the pre-op diet literally sucks the life out of you the first few days. I had a constant dull headache and fatigue and I was really crabby. After about day 4 or 5 you should hopefully feel a lot better. We're all different so you might even feel better sooner! Where in CA are you located @TomIam?

Thanks Nikikins, I am strangely looking somewhat forward to paying back my caloric debt (as several of us were told in our nutrition classes).

@@Tomlam That doesn't sound strange at all! I think a lot of us probably feel the same way :)

This morning I realized I haven't been doing my shakes right, so I immediately felt like a failure. This is the first time I've ever done this so I expected to screw up once or twice, but not on my Protein shakes :(

Here's to doing it right from here on out.. LOL

Hello! I am on the pre-op liquid diet. My Surgery is scheduled for the 26th. OMG! NO one except my husband knows.... wonder what it will be like to go back to work.... How long are tyou taking off of work if you work? Did you have to tell your manager?

Hiya! I'm ten days away from my surgery and on a liquid diet. This forum has helped me too. I have two sisters who are petite little things. I've struggled with my weight since childhood. With every diet I lost and then gained even more. I have NO idea why anyone would think having surgery is the easy way out. I'm terrified. This is my last choice after trying everything else. I haven't figured out how to friend on here but would love to make friends!

I JUST figured out this morning how to message someone. You click on their name and when their profile pops up there should be a little envelope in the top right corner. I don't think you actually "friend" on this forum, at least I haven't found anything like that. ????

Hi All! I am a newbie to this forum but boy am I glad I found it! I have read so many entries from people who are experiencing the same fears or worries that I am, and it makes me feel like I am no longer alone! Talking to my friends who are not overweight don't understand; they don't get it. I'm tired of having conversations with people who tell me that I could lose this the "normal" way if I just tried. Clearly I've tried, and failed, so here I am today going down the WLS journey.

I am pre-op and waiting for my insurance to approve the authorization for surgery. I have Hills Physicians and they quickly approved the authorization to see the surgeon, so I know they'll quickly approve the auth for surgery. I am SO close! My dietician has already started me on the liquid diet to be proactive in shrinking my liver and to lose as much weight as possible to assist in being more successful after surgery. I will probably be on the liquid diet, with less restrictions, for the last two weeks of August while my surgeon is on vacation. I am anticipating surgery to be sometime in September.

I just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for sharing their stories. I have read so many posts and am so happy to have a place to go when I freak out and need some reassurance!

Please don't be a stranger, send me a message and say hi or send me a friend request :)

welcome!!! I'm no longer a newbie, but it wasn't that long ago. Glad to hear everything with your insurance is going quickly. :)

Hiya! I'm ten days away from my surgery and on a liquid diet. This forum has helped me too. I have two sisters who are petite little things. I've struggled with my weight since childhood. With every diet I lost and then gained even more. I have NO idea why anyone would think having surgery is the easy way out. I'm terrified. This is my last choice after trying everything else. I haven't figured out how to friend on here but would love to make friends!

n I also have 2 petite sisters they are supportive well after strongly suggesting I just get a Tummy Tuck lol ... But I to have had been on the roller coaster aka weight struggle since I was 12 .. I'm all nerves right now mixed with excitement I just can't wait to wake up after and start my journey.. I get my surgery on Wednesday the 12th..

Good luck today!