Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Passing For Thin - Support Thread for Those Approaching Goal

Hi all,

Well, I was hoping I'd have great news to report, like some of you; however, even though I have been exercising like crazy and logging my food, I am still not losing any more weight.

I'm trying to stay positive but it is tough. My PT told me to WAY up my Protein. She wants me to get 120 grams of protein A DAY. THat is double what I was even shooting for and not making it before. So, I've bought some Protein Powder. I also found some BBQ Pork at costco that has 150 calories in 3 oz with 21 grams of protein.

So, it is back to the drawing board for me. I'm gonna give this a try for a while, and see what happens. I still need to stay around 1400 calories a day, but get 120 grams of protein, I don't think it is going ot be very easy; however, today so far I'm at almost 600 calories with 57 grams of protein, so I guess maybe it is possible.

Wish me luck, if this doesn't turn out to be the problem, I don't know wha the next step will be, probably I'll have to head to the doctor for a check up.

I still need to stay around 1400 calories a day, but get 120 grams of Protein, I don't think it is going ot be very easy; however, today so far I'm at almost 600 calories with 57 grams of protein, so I guess maybe it is possible.

Wow, just my personal opinion but for a banded person in weight loss mode, 1400 calories seems like quite a bit. And 120 gms of protein? WOW~ At least keep it at 25gms at a time, more than that and you won't absorb it and it will either need to be burned or turn to fat.

What is a PT? Physical Therapist? Does your nutritionist know about this? What about your doc?

Jane,

At 5'2 with an average goal weight of 125 (my goal is 136, but my nutritionist says you calculate Protein needs based on average body weight for your height), I need between 45-50 grams of protein a day. I can't see how you need 120 grams in a weight loss phase. Maybe if you were body building, but not in weight loss. I don't so much disagree with the 1400 cals/day. It's higher than I do (when I'm doing well, at least, which is about 5 days a week -- the rest of the time, I probably eat more like 1800), but I know some people do better eating a little more. Have you ever had your resting metabolic rate tested? I'm a firm believer that if you're not losing weight, it's because you're eating more calories than your body is burning, period. I think that's true for all people. Some people have medical reasons for why their bodies burn fewer cals than others, but at the end of the day, it's still about cals.

All that said, I'm sure you have a great team of medical professionals and trainers (I think PT is personal trainer not physical therapist, right?) and we're here to support you in following their instructions, if that's what you think is right. You're doing GREAT with your weight loss and the revamp of your body. There are months where I lose practically nothing, then there are months when I lose 20 lbs. It's not predictable -- you just have to hang in there and keep doing what you know you can do for the rest of your life. Your body will ultimately take care of the rest.

Oooh, the scale jumped a number AGAIN this morning!! (I can usually eek out about 4 lbs right after my period). Cross your fingers that I can squeeze ONE MORE POUND out of my good weight loss time of the month -- check out my ticker and you'll see why I'm being greedy for that one pound!!

I can't freakin' believe I weigh in the 150s. CRAZY.

Wooo hooo Julie... you are leaving me in your tracks!!!!!!! You are so amazing!!!

It has been a good summer for me, but I can't wait to get back to our house with our food choices etc. I have had a few great runs this week. I hope this weather breaks soon. High today in Southern, Ontario is 95!!! Yuck, I can tell you I was running early this morning.

I had a great run a few days ago - 8.5 km so that felt good.

I should get going... so much to do!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/166/158

Go, Julie, Go.......................oh, my, my, my!!!!! You are amazing........I am blowing your way (whewwwwww)..............to get that pound off.................that and a good day should do it! Go, Julie, go!

Dawn.............you're bypassing me - talk about awe inspiring friends!!!!!!...............I'm tracking calories starting today..............my BB should arrive today or tomorrow......I'm hyped again............watch out Julie, Dawn, Boo, and all my pals.........here comes the buff grammy!

Wooo hooo Julie... you are leaving me in your tracks!!!!!!!

Only because I'm a half a foot shorter than you, Dawn! You left me in YOUR tracks long ago if we work off BMI and not strict weight....

Wink, Julie

*delurking cause i just have to*

Julie,

wow ... almost 200 lbs gone for good. you are such an inspiration to me (and others, i'm sure).

*back to lurking*

Way to go Julie!

I am excited today. Our gym finally got a trainer. I was wondering how I was going to afford some sessions with all the expenses I have had lately.

I put my name in a drawing and he pulled my name out. I get 5 free sessions. My first one is tomorrow! Yay!

hey Julie I am getting the lap band with dr.Fielding as well,will I have good results with the lap band I am hearing all sorts of things, but I was told by the phycologist that I only gonna lose 70 pounds with the lap band, I hope that aint true!

Denise, congratulations on winning the personal training sessions! 5 sessions -- that's a huge deal! That would have cost me $350 here in NYC!

Lorianne, according to Dr. F's stats, he expected me to get down to 202 and plateau. No one who really works the band is limited by such drivel and Dr. F. is the first to tell you so, so don't worry about it for a second. Just get your band and start learning how it works with your body! Congratulations on the decision -- you're going to do great.

Julie! I'm on vacation and look what I have missed!

We weigh the SAME!!!!

Long ago I predicted you would reach my goal before me...well, you are almost there! Awesome!!!!

Julie, I'll borrow the BB when you are finished with it! Maybe we could name it and it could help with the final lap of weight loss for our support group!

Julie, I'll borrow the BB when you are finished with it! Maybe we could name it and it could help with the final lap of weight loss for our support group!

Haha! That's a GREAT idea! We'll name it! When my ticker gets to 136, Boo, it's YOURS.

OK, speaking of tickers, drum roll......check out mine today. Betty, I'm CERTAIN it was your "blowing" that pushed me over.

All kidding aside, this is a very emotional day for me. I've been bursting into tears all morning (good tears).