Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had enough loss for one year

Hi ya guys; Doing some better today. Not crying at the drop of a hat at least. LOL!! Got my sense of humor back. Went walking this morning again and this time John went with me. We walked 1.5 miles at around 20 min. So improved my time. Would have walked more but have a huge number (60) of people showing up at our house tonight and need to get it cleaned up. Will give you updates after they all leave. SIGH!! Pray for me. I wanna leave tonight and hide in a corner. LOL!!

With all your accumulated stess, I don't blame you for wanting to hide! But we all know that won't help. Troubles will find us. The very best thing for you now is to be around people who care. I think it is sweet that John went on your walk with you. :D

My thoughts are with you. May your pain heal quickly and leave fond memories of all who have passed.

Hey: Just had a delivery of our new coi fish. And guess what? Felix has been reincarnated as a fish. GO FIGURE!! He has a bullseye on his side just like he did when he was a cat. Same side same shape. So guess what the new COI's name is. You got it FELIX the fish.

Penni, life is so unfair sometimes. I am so sorry for your multiple losses. Let yourself feel the pain, cry, mourn, and try to find a special way to remember your stepfather's father, your aunt, your fish, and Felix. I believe you are right when you say that losing Felix was like losing a child. Please don't try to tell yourself that you shouldn't be as upset as you are because Felix was a cat and not a person. Those of us who share our lives with animals love them, dote on them, and are amused and comforted by them for years on end. We have to acknowledge the courage this takes because somewhere in the back of our minds we know we will probably outlive them. Yet we still give our hearts completely.

I commend you for coping so well with everything. And by that I do not mean that you aren't feeling sad and upset, but that you are choosing healthy ways of processing your feelings like walking and sharing with us.

Bereavement is the price we pay for loving, I guess, and when you look at it that way, it's worth it, isn't it?

I had a similar week five years ago. I know it hurts.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,

Nancy

Penni,

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. It sounds like you are having a horrible time and I hope that things get better.

Babs in TX

334/192/170

Thanks guys for all your support and prayers. Things are definitely better right now. IT gets easier every day. Thank you again.

Hi Penni, I am so glad to hear about Felix the Fish; I just know that one will be your favorite. What a cool thing to have come into your life right now right when you need brightness and healing. We have never met in person, I only know you here online. When I read your posts I think of you as you were in the fun pictures from your party in Vegas. You are a beautiful girl and I pray that you will heal and your face will once again be filled with joy and smiles as you were on that weekend. You are well loved in your home and in this family as well. I will hold you close in prayer and thought and ask God to send His love and healing to you.

Congrats on your new walking time. I am reaching for my walking shoes right now -- I want to be like you Penni Girl!!!!!!!! Take care, Theresa Marie