Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting over!

Well, although this thread started several months ago, it seems like there are plenty of people who are still in the same boat. I am one of them. I have had my band for 5 years and although I didn't get down to my goal weight, I had been around 158-165 for a year (my goal was 140). My band became irritated and tight and I started having a lot of difficulty getting any food down. I was miserable and ended up getting all of my Fluid out, so that my esophagus could heal. I am now up to 199!!! It is my fault of course. Once my Fluid was out, I was pretty much binging daily. I really am shocked at how much I have gained so quickly. I finally got 5 ccs of fluid put back in last month. However, I was used to having a lot more than that (8-9 ccs) and the 5 feels like nothing. I go in again tomorrow for a check up. I hope to get more fluid put in. Now that the holidays are over, I have started back with exercise, counting calories, and drinking Water. I am so discouraged though. I was within 20 lbs of my goal weight but now I am 60 lbs away!! I am mad at myself. I know exactly how it happened and how to lose it again, it just SUCKS that I let myself gain the weight back that I said I never would. Good luck to all of those who are starting over again, for the first, second, or tenth time!

Hokiemama you have taken the words right out of my mouth I am in your shoes right now and can't get in for a fil until 2-12...super freaking out...So how are you doing have you had a fill are you getting back on track?

Well, although this thread started several months ago, it seems like there are plenty of people who are still in the same boat. I am one of them. I have had my band for 5 years and although I didn't get down to my goal weight, I had been around 158-165 for a year (my goal was 140). My band became irritated and tight and I started having a lot of difficulty getting any food down. I was miserable and ended up getting all of my Fluid out, so that my esophagus could heal. I am now up to 199!!! It is my fault of course. Once my fluid was out, I was pretty much binging daily. I really am shocked at how much I have gained so quickly. I finally got 5 ccs of fluid put back in last month. However, I was used to having a lot more than that (8-9 ccs) and the 5 feels like nothing. I go in again tomorrow for a check up. I hope to get more fluid put in. Now that the holidays are over, I have started back with exercise, counting calories, and drinking Water. I am so discouraged though. I was within 20 lbs of my goal weight but now I am 60 lbs away!! I am mad at myself. I know exactly how it happened and how to lose it again, it just SUCKS that I let myself gain the weight back that I said I never would. Good luck to all of those who are starting over again, for the first, second, or tenth time!

I know exactly what you mean & feel I had my Lapband done 1-9-2009 lost about 50 pds then I started having problems band to tight to eat so adjustment after adjustment I finally just had it completely emptied and kinda gave up. Then Jan of 2015 I started over, had a small fill and I did well till July when my sister passed away so I put some of the weight back on. I haven't been back since March of 2015, but I have lost some. Tomorrow I have an appmt with my doctor to see where I stand.

I think I have about 70 pds more to lose, not sure if I will get a fill or not. But this time I'm using weight watchers to log my food or I just got a Fitbit & it can log my food.< /p>

I am very nervous to see my doctor tomorrow, wish me luck!!

We can't give up we paid all the money to help make this change... Since my post I have been going to the gym at least 3times a week... I have to do something to help untill I get my fill... I have 25 lbs to get to my goal...that's a lot less then the 83 I started with....sick with it !! You can do it!!!healthy life???? so very sorry for your loss that can make it extremely hard to stay focused... Text any time????

Thank you .. Im sticking with it ...

i didnt go thru all the classes & pain from the surgery for nothing.

I will let you know how the dr visit goes today ????????????

I went to see my Lapband dr. today it went really well !!!

my original weight back in 2009 was 265pds.

Today I weighed 218 pds dr. was happy to see me.

I got a small Fill and I'm back on track and I feel really good !!!

Oh way to go girl you will be under 200 in no time....remember your rules chew chew,small bites, no drinking during eating...protein Protein protein... You got this girl I will weigh in on Sunday and will you know????

Hey girl just checking in on you I only lost 3 lbs this past month but have my fill appt Feb 12 so I am hoping for better loss this month