Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any St. Louis/Metro Area Sleevers out there?

Yes im from Arnold. About 30 min south of St Louis. Does anyone have a list of what I can eat the first two weeks post op? I never got a book.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Which surgery center did you use? I have one for Des Peres.

I haven't been to one either. I was thinking about going to one in January, but I hate new social situations...lol. I'm getting better though, more confident. Glad to meet people who are with Dr. Ricks though. This is my second surgery with him, he did a double hernia repair for me last year and he was so amazing that it really made me rethink my years of swearing I'd never have WLS. It looks like you had your procedure about 3 weeks before I did. Hope everything is going well.

I don't mind at all! I don't know how to add you or I would lol I have not been to one yet, but I really should go to one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I haven't been to one either. I was thinking about going to one in January, but I hate new social situations...lol. I'm getting better though, more confident. Glad to meet people who are with Dr. Ricks though. This is my second surgery with him, he did a double hernia repair for me last year and he was so amazing that it really made me rethink my years of swearing I'd never have WLS. It looks like you had your procedure about 3 weeks before I did. Hope everything is going well.

I don't mind at all! I don't know how to add you or I would lol I have not been to one yet, but I really should go to one!

Yeah he really is amazing! I'm doing good so far, I'm down 57 pounds. Pretty exciting. I was thinking about going in January too. It'd be nice to hear other people's experiences. I have a hard time getting the daily amount of Protein, but I'm trying. And I had to switch to the Vitamin Patches because I got tired of the chewable and got sick with the pills. How is it going for you?

Its great! 55lbs down so far. Don't tell John (the nutritionist) about the Patches, he will flip out...lol ( regardless...I use them too.) I have no problem with Protein, but I know what things are high in Protein, so I try to have cottage cheese a couple of times a day, turkey and tuna or cod. I eat 6 tiny meals a day instead of 3, it's the only way I can do it, because I cannot stand the shakes at all anymore.

Yeah he really is amazing! I'm doing good so far, I'm down 57 pounds. Pretty exciting. I was thinking about going in January too. It'd be nice to hear other people's experiences. I have a hard time getting the daily amount of protein, but I'm trying. And I had to switch to the Vitamin Patches because I got tired of the chewable and got sick with the pills. How is it going for you?

Hey, I'm Greg from Illinois side. I'm awaiting for approval from insurance company. Have completed all the pre recommendations prior to being submitted to insurance. I have BCBS/IL insurance, was curious if anyone had any issues with delay of insurance approval ? My surgeon is Dr. Ricks, seems very down to earth. Has anyone else have an EGD Scope done prior ? Apparently, once surgery is approved I will need to go on a 14day clear liquid diet, cause of my BMI being at 63. Curious, if anyone has gone through same thing ? Have been a paramedic for 26 years and am ready to save myself now. Anyone, who has any advice or recommendations don't hesitate to send me a message. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Its great! 55lbs down so far. Don't tell John (the nutritionist) about the Patches, he will flip out...lol ( regardless...I use them too.) I have no problem with Protein, but I know what things are high in Protein, so I try to have cottage cheese a couple of times a day, turkey and tuna or cod. I eat 6 tiny meals a day instead of 3, it's the only way I can do it, because I cannot stand the shakes at all anymore.

Yeah he really is amazing! I'm doing good so far, I'm down 57 pounds. Pretty exciting. I was thinking about going in January too. It'd be nice to hear other people's experiences. I have a hard time getting the daily amount of protein, but I'm trying. And I had to switch to the Vitamin Patches because I got tired of the chewable and got sick with the pills. How is it going for you?

I'm Greg, from Fairview Hgts. Patient of Dr. Ricks. Awaiting approval for surgery. Would be interested in attending or meeting others who have made a decision to save themselve and take on this new lifestyle journey. Have been a paramedic for 26 years, have always put everyone else first, except for myself.

I'm Greg, from Fairview Hgts. Patient of Dr. Ricks. Awaiting approval for surgery. Would be interested in attending or meeting others who have made a decision to save themselve and take on this new lifestyle journey. Have been a paramedic for 26 years, have always put everyone else first, except for myself.

Hi Greg -

Dr. Ricks is great. I had the EGD at the end of July. No problems at all. I'm all for meeting people who are also on this journey. I took the following information from their website. I think I will go to both Peer Support January meetings.

Thursday, January 12

6:30 pm — Alumni Class — Fitness Trends for 2017

6:30 pm — Therapeutic Support Session (meet in MNS office)

7:30 pm — Peer Support Group

Thursday, January 26

6:30 pm — Alumni Class —Getting More Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT)

I will also "friend" you on here. My twitter handle is truefictionblog! Happy Losing!

Hi Greg -

Dr. Ricks is great. I had the EGD at the end of July. No problems at all. I'm all for meeting people who are also on this journey. I took the following information from their website. I think I will go to both Peer Support January meetings.

Thursday, January 12

Thursday, January 26

I will also "friend" you on here. My twitter handle is truefictionblog! Happy Losing!

Have you already had your surgery ? Thanks for reply and information.

Hey, I'm Greg from Illinois side. I'm awaiting for approval from insurance company. Have completed all the pre recommendations prior to being submitted to insurance. I have BCBS/IL insurance, was curious if anyone had any issues with delay of insurance approval ? My surgeon is Dr. Ricks, seems very down to earth. Has anyone else have an EGD Scope done prior ? Apparently, once surgery is approved I will need to go on a 14day clear liquid diet, cause of my BMI being at 63. Curious, if anyone has gone through same thing ? Have been a paramedic for 26 years and am ready to save myself now. Anyone, who has any advice or recommendations don't hesitate to send me a message. Thanks

Hi Greg! I have BCBS of IL and the approval process was pretty fast. It was less than 2 weeks. I was impressed. Good luck on your journey!

Yes, I was sleeved on 10/26/2016. I am almost 60lbs down and it is already just part of my life.

I only had a required 4 day liquid diet, but I did it for 9. I wanted to lose as much as possible pre surgery. I rocked the pre surgery liquids and the first week post surgery, the two week full liquid phase was by far the biggest struggle and from there it just got easier. The full liquid phase and the dreaded 3 week stall (you'll hear a lot about this here and not a lot of prep from doc or nutritionist) where mentally the hardest things I've have had to deal with through this process.

My insurance was United Healthcare and I had the approval in about a week.

Which procedure are you having?

Hi Greg -

Thursday, January 12
Thursday, January 26

Have you already had your surgery ? Thanks for reply and information.

I'm having gastric sleeve. Actually, just reconnected BSBC IL today. Spoke with another representative. He told me, my case as been signed off byna nurse and now it gets forwarded to a physician for his approval. Should be within 48hours of either being signed or denied by a physician at BCBSIL

Hi Greg! I have BCBS of IL and the approval process was pretty fast. It was less than 2 weeks. I was impressed. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks so much, appreciate it.