Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outgrown clothes

hi everyone

i just cleaned out my closet i have alot of size 22 pants and jeans. does anyone have any suggestions how to give to other lapbanders?

the only issue i dont want to ship them.....i'd rather just give locally.

i thought i'd try here first.

or else i will just give to the church.

thanks ahead of time

Josie--does your surgeon offer monthly support meetings? If so, you could try there. Doesn't it feel good to get rid of all those big clothes? I love shopping now that I can buy regular sizes and not plus sizes! I have to be careful, though, I tend to get carried away sometimes, and shouldn't since i am still losing! You are doing awesome--keep up the good work! If you can't find any lapbanders to give them to, why not take them to a consignment shop and make a little money?

Isn't that a great feeling? I can't remember when I didn't wear size 22. How about if you offer the clothing if *they pay the shipping?

I was wearing a 20 and a couple of stretched out 18s a month ago. Today I went to get a new pair of black (what else) work pants. I brought 16 into the dressing room without knowing it (eyes are starting to go too) and they fit, snuggly but they fit. I bought them and a pair in blue just because they fit!!! Hooray for us!!!

I have a friend that was banded six weeks after me and I give them all to her. What about finding a banded person that can pass them on to another banded person when she's done?

hi

wasabubble: yes i want to give to a banded person...thats why i posted here...

metalband: i would jump up and down for sz 16. i just bought a pair of calvin kleins in that is my incentive....

o2bthin: i could do that.

conniesue: yes he does. the clothing exchange is in 1 month but i will be away...so rather then wait for the following one i thought i'd try this....

i did have 1 person contact me so i will see if that can work out

thks for the suggestions!

For anyone with clothes in good shape and willing to deal with shipping .... plus size clothes seem to sell REALLY well on ebay.

A good way to make some extra cash towards new SMALLER (hehe) clothing.

I just gave away 2 garbage bags full of "too big" clothes to our Goodwill. We also have a church w/ a clothes pantry that gives them to needy families at no charge. I was worried about giving them away, because in the back of my mind, I know that I did that before and then needed big clothes again later after gaining the weight back.:P But I know that this time is different and I will never need them again - Thank God ! :D So I gave them away. It made me feel better to know I am helping others and the fact that I'm into smaller sizes.

Right now I don't spend a lot on new clothes since I still want to lose anothe 80 lbs. So I've only bought a few things at Wal-mart. Since I teach and school's out for the summer , I just wear shorts and t's anyway. Maybe I'll get some better fitting things in August.

Have a good day everybody !:D

For anyone with clothes in good shape and willing to deal with shipping .... plus size clothes seem to sell REALLY well on ebay.

A good way to make some extra cash towards new SMALLER (hehe) clothing.

I have a lot of nice suits, dress pants, formals, etc that I guess I will put on Ebay. My sizes range from 20 all the way to 14. I'm now in a 12 and they are even getting big and I just bought then 2 weeks ago - the funny thing is, I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks! But I've lost inches!

Hi all, I can't WAIT to have bigger clothes to give away. The last time I lost weight I got rid of all my bigger clothes (thought it was incentive to NOT gain the weight back - didn't work ). My DH gave me several 'digs' about my giving those bigger size clothes away and then having to go out and buy more. But they are DEFINITELY GOING this time regardless of what he says!! I am in a 24 now and have clothes down to a size 16 (I think - or did I also give those smaller sizes away too???) Oh well, it'll be fun buying smaller sizes.

hi crochet granny: this will happen very quickly after your band. then you have a different problem...buying new ones...ha!

i found a fellow bandster to give them to.....so problem solved!

thanks for the feedback everyone

half the time i post on this website i feel like i'm talking to myself....