Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat Related Routines You Won't Miss

@@imsoglad56 I completely forgot the cover thing until you mentioned it!

I haven't used covers for too many years to count. And I have like 6 pillows, plus a wedge. If I could have gotten an adjustable bed up my stairs I'd probably have one of those too!

I never really realized just how much planning and accoutrements go into being fat!

Who knew that now some of us put our clothes IN the dryer before wearing so they fit better? I would not have guessed that...lovely healthy life we a get a chance to have now ????

For the ladies wondering about sweating and temperatures, just know that I went from a sweat monster to being cold all the time now. I hardly ever use the overhead fan anymore, I used to use the winter comforter only on the coldest evenings and now I use it from October right thru May. I don't use the air conditioner anywhere's near the amount I used to. Hell...I'm so cold these days that I wear a wetsuit in the pool at the Y. No, I'm not kidding...I really need it to not shiver while I'm working out.

There are so many things we do to accomodate our larger sizes and it happens so gradually that we don't even realize it. But it's so glorious when we realize we don't have to do all these things anymore. It's freeing. It's hard to explain but I can feel how much lighter I am. It's not hard to move my body now. It's not a big deal to bend or crouch or walk or any physical activity.

It really is exciting to know what lies ahead for you newbies. That's why I tell so many folks to stay away from the scale and to focus on these types of successes. Way better than just counting numbers.

I won't miss hurrying over my pool shots because I don't want my butt or body on display. I want to be a sexy pool player.

I can relate to the heat. I have to keep turning down the thermostat at work, and I tell the normal sized folk to put more layers on because they don't want to see me take any more off.

Better days are here and even better ahead!

Always being late to an event or outing because I've tried on 8 million outfits, looking for clothes that don't make me "look fat".

GIRDLES! UGH!!!

Taking the long way down aisles/in stores/movies/etc because I don't want to disturb someone or say "excuse me" when I need to get by.

What a great read this has been. I can identify with so much of what has been written. Its a good job we have this forum so that we know others have felt the same way! Mind you some of these posts have made me laugh out loud.

My thing will be not having to buy wide fitting calf boots on line in the biggest size they have ( DUO) ! I want to go into the shop without the assistant looking at me and thinking to herself " You must be joking"

I won't miss my stress incontinence - Panty liner companies may go bankrupt if my surgery helps this issue.

I won't miss hiding from my husband all the time when I change clothes.

I won't miss not being able to cross my legs to tie my shoes

I won't miss trying to hide in the background behind others in photos! :blink:

I won't miss not being able to get close enough to my husband for real cuddling!

I won't miss walking into a restaurant and trying to find the best route to a table so that my fat ass doesn't knock someone else out of there chair. :P

Getting on a plane without the constant dread of having to ask for an extender or even worse, be asked to purchase another seat. I've never been asked to purchase a second seat but after the whole fiasco with Kevin Smith being asked to purchase a second ticket- I am so scared it's going to happen!

I'm also looking forward to no longer having to purchase the "Just My Size" brand, or any of the other popular fat people lines.

And not sure if other people do this but I was always bothered by the fact that should the label of my shirt or slacks stick out without my knowledge, there'd be my huge size in print for all the world to see! So I got in the habit of cutting the labels out to save myself from unintended embarrassment!

When they came up with the idea of printing the size on the material instead of the label, so you couldn't cut it out, I thought they were speaking directly to me!

I won't miss not getting together with old friends because you are uncomfortable with how you look. Or ordering something that you don't really want at a restaurant to avoid critical looks.

I won't miss not getting together with old friends because you are uncomfortable with how you look. Or ordering something that you don't really want at a restaurant to avoid critical looks.

Oh candidate u have the same sense of humour as myself . Yes indeed one of the first jobs after buying a garment is snip the label out . Just think in 12 months time when we are slim and lovely we will be wearing our new low number labels as a badge of honour !

@@chrisredjeep There is nothing that humor can't cure in my book. ????

And if I lose as much weight as I hope to, I'm going to start wearing my clothes inside out, so those small size labels will be on prominent display!

Yes I will be right behind you !

You are right about the humour as well . My life has been one long comedy of errors ! Still smiling though . Mind you I will probably be crying on 16 July surgery date . I have told my man to lock all the doors of the car on the way to hospital so I don't jump out the car and also to take all my clothes away as soon as we get to hospital so I have to go on with the op ! Just a bit afraid but just want to get it done now x