Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS Fed - anyone have revision approved?

Why sure! Lol! Mine may change depending on arrangements for my child. So mine is scheduled the 17th right now but may change for the 24th!

I was able to get a removal of my band and revision to sleeve in the summer of 2014 in Texas under BCBS. I was self pay for my band in 2007 and ended up with a dilated esophagus with major reflux and pain. I had to stay on the doctor's office and the insurance company because I am a teacher and my district was about to switch insurance on me with the new school year starting. It was so stressful and I have not lost weight since the surgery. I have gained about 35 pounds-my mom passed away and other events made life stressful. I had lost 125 lbs. with my band so I am upset with the whole thing. It feels like another failed weight loss attempt. Very disappointing! I just don't feel like I ever had restriction after my revision. I am going to my GP doctor tomorrow. I hope I can figure something out.

Mine is pending approval with FEPBLUE, we shall see

So I called precertification dept today. It looks like my file was just reviewed today and I have been approved. According to the rep, the dr. just looked at it this afternoon and it has not been sent back to nurse yet to be further processed in the system. I was submitted on 9/11. So I just have to wait for them to send the information back to my drs office.

So I called precertification dept today. It looks like my file was just reviewed today and I have been approved. According to the rep, the dr. just looked at it this afternoon and it has not been sent back to nurse yet to be further processed in the system. I was submitted on 9/11. So I just have to wait for them to send the information back to my drs office.

That is great!!! I am having sleeve to bypass revision on Monday, 9/28/15. I have BBS Fed Basic insurance. Good Luck with your upcoming surgery:-)

That is great!!! I am having sleeve to bypass revision on Monday, 9/28/15. I have BBS Fed Basic insurance. Good Luck with your upcoming surgery:-)

Please keep me posted! I would love to know how it goes for you. What prompted your revision? I did email Alex to ask to a sleeve revision board. It seems like there are more of us.

Please keep me posted! I would love to know how it goes for you. What prompted your revision? I did email Alex to ask to a sleeve revision board. It seems like there are more of us.

I will keep you posted. I could really use someone to talk to through this ross. I have my husbands full support but my family is not supportive at all. I am having the revision because of very severe acid and bile reflux. Medication does not manage it. I wake up every night vomiting and choking.

@@stacy0 contact me anytime! That GERD is some nasty stuff! That is part of my problem.

@@brayd_mommy09 I had some cardiologist drama and got my surgery pushed back. Just had it October 1st. I am doing pretty well. I am on full liquids until Thursday which marks my two weeks out. Mushies start on Friday. Not sure what to do with that. I don't find the plan I was handed to be very helpful.

How are you doing? I can't wait to hear!

@@brayd_mommy09 I had some cardiologist drama and got my surgery pushed back. Just had it October 1st. I am doing pretty well. I am on full liquids until Thursday which marks my two weeks out. Mushies start on Friday. Not sure what to do with that. I don't find the plan I was handed to be very helpful.

How are you doing? I can't wait to hear!

I had my surgery the 17th and I've lost a total of 27 lbs so far. It's a struggle. But it's getting easier. I've had to learn how much I can actually eat.

@@brayd_mommy09 27 pounds is awesome! I have not started food yet, I start puree tomorrow. I just plan on taking it easy and see how it goes...

@@brayd_mommy09 27 pounds is awesome! I have not started food yet, I start puree tomorrow. I just plan on taking it easy and see how it goes...

thats how you have to do. The nausea after the surgery was killer for me so when I could eat I was terrified to eat. But it's much better then the band.

Hello, I hope you found everything to be okay after your visit to the doctor. How long did it take your esophagus to heal back to normal? Was it extremely dilated?

I was able to get a removal of my band and revision to sleeve in the summer of 2014 in Texas under BCBS. I was self pay for my band in 2007 and ended up with a dilated esophagus with major reflux and pain. I had to stay on the doctor's office and the insurance company because I am a teacher and my district was about to switch insurance on me with the new school year starting. It was so stressful and I have not lost weight since the surgery. I have gained about 35 pounds-my mom passed away and other events made life stressful. I had lost 125 lbs. with my band so I am upset with the whole thing. It feels like another failed weight loss attempt. Very disappointing! I just don't feel like I ever had restriction after my revision. I am going to my GP doctor tomorrow. I hope I can figure something out.