Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In 22 weeks you have lost 40 lbs? That's WONDERFUL!

Please remember that though some folks lose very quickly, the band was intended for losing at a rate of 1-2lbs per week. You are right on target! :confused:

Thank you so much for your reply. Although I am feeling a little discouraged that my weight loss has kinda stopped for about a month now, your reply was very encouraging. THANKS!!

Just wanted to pipe in here... I had my surgery just a few days before you and I have lost about 35lbs so far. I too wish it was more, but I am thrilled with my results so far. Down 2 pants sizes, no more huffing and puffing... what's to complain about? :eek:

Get your fills, keep moving, and you'll be down more before you know it.

Come check out the January Bandsters thread in the General Lapband Discussion board -- much more activity taking place there!

maria

Thank you all for your input. Was reading lots of posts where people were loosing so much more, that I was beginning to wonder. I Guess things are pretty good after all. YEA! THANKS ALOT FOR YOUR REPLIES!!

Sounds like you are an average loser. I am down 56 lbs in a year and 3 weeks. That is about a 2 lb a week average. Good luck.

I was banded 1/17 and have lost 40lbs as well. I understand your concern - I feel alot of days that maybe I am not working it the way I should; however, I have never dieted, lost and maintained the loss - so I try to look at that part of it.

Same here. I was banded 1/19/07 and I have lost 40 pounds.

My doctor and nurse practitioner tell me that this is excellent but it just doesn't seem fast enough to me. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for that loss because it could have been less. I had my first fill on 4/11 and the second on 5/23. According to them, I have good restriction and I think I do too. I have reached a slump and it is aggravating. Trying to lower my calories, up my Fluid and exercise and it seems to be helping. Don't have my next followup until 8/13. I will see if a third fill is recommended then.

Chrisell,

Great job on the loss. I was banded on January 16 and am down a vacillating 40-44 pounds. I get envious of others who have lost more but I also know that some of they work harder at it than I do and that motivates me to exercise and eat properly. I have to tell myself..."when have you EVER lost this much weight and kept it off?" So, then I settle down and just decide that as long as I'm not gaining and I'm still working my program, it will come to me. AND I feel SO much better.

Stick with it. You'll git-r-done!

Shawn

Great job on the 40 pounds!!!! I am sad. I was banded 1/15/07, had 2 fills and only lost 30 pounds. I guess I need to get back to Mexico for a fill? My sister was banded same day and lost 16 more than I.

It's not going well. DEE

I was banded 1/31/07. So far only lost 40 pounds.. should i be freaking out or what??? Just don't feel that fast enough!:angry

I was banded on 1/12/07 and have lost 48 lbs. I too feel that it is slow, but my md's are thrilled and my bp is down- I am on half of my meds- I am walking 4-5 times a week for l.5 miles and I feel good --as long as I stay away from white carbs I will lose fairly steadily--the minute I make bad food choices I stall out on my wt. loss and it takes me awhile to get back on track--old habits are hard to break. You are doing great and you are where you need to be too. Keep up the good work.

I was banded on 1/12/07 and have lost 48 lbs. I too feel that it is slow, but my md's are thrilled and my bp is down- I am on half of my meds- I am walking 4-5 times a week for l.5 miles and I feel good --as long as I stay away from white carbs I will lose fairly steadily--the minute I make bad food choices I stall out on my wt. loss and it takes me awhile to get back on track--old habits are hard to break. You are doing great and you are where you need to be too. Keep up the good work.

I can certainly relate to all of you. I was banded on 1/25/07 and I have lost 38 lbs. I have 30 to go. I think you are right, I'm walking everyday and trying to stay away from carbs. We just have to hang in there!

Edie

It's so good to know that I am not alone. Seems my 40ish# loss is about average for about seven months out. I weighed this morning and I was down another two. I currently weigh 258.8 and my weight on surgery day 1/19/07 was 304. I just want to get to 250.

It's so good to know that I am not alone. Seems my 40ish# loss is about average for about seven months out. I weighed this morning and I was down another two. I currently weigh 258.8 and my weight on surgery day 1/19/07 was 304. I just want to get to 250.

I know exactly how you feel. I have my doctor's appointment this morning and I hope I show a loss. I was the same weight for almost two months! I think the walking and writing down my food has made a difference. I think I may have lost a few pounds. We shall see;>

I was banded 1/29/07 and as the scales read today, I've lost 55 pounds. I had lost 62, but screwed up in July and August, ate everything and anything I could get my hands on. Also had stuff going on so I wasnt able to go to Water aerobis for a month. Went to Florida and didnt follow my food plan.Not handling stressful situations well and late night boredom are my downfalls. I've gotten back on track this month and its amazing how after maybe 3 days, I started really feeling good again.

I love coming to this site and reading everyones posts BUT I really try not to compare my weight loss to anyone elses. If I do what I know I'm supposed to do, I KNOW I'll get the results that I want.

(ignore my ticker numbers,,,i'm waiting to catch back up with them,,lol)

banded 1/29/07

Dr Ken Cleveland-CMMC-Jackson MS