Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you recently gotten surgery at Mexicali Bariatric Center?

I had my surgery on May 19th. Cannot begin to say high enough praises for the facility, staff, doctors, etc. It is a first rate facility and they treat you like royalty. There is a Facebook group that is just for patients of the facility. If you are interested in joining email me privately at ladyluckfarm@aol.com and I can add you to the group.

I believe there is a nurse there, Michelle Mexicali, that has caused some issues on FB. I about died when I saw some people commenting about her, as usually you don't see that sort of thing happen openly.

I was accused by her of being a friend of mine who helped me out. I can understand getting people confused but she couldn't consider she might be wrong. That friend has apparently gotten some ill stuff because of it. She would have been the one spreading that, so that someone works as a bariatric nurse and does that is troubling.

I had some issues like that with a nurse who I question whether or not she has feelings for the doctor. I didn't care much for the doctor as a fair amount of his decisions and the like didn't seem to be guided much by evidence and research.

I believe there is a nurse there, Michelle Mexicali, that has caused some issues on FB. I about died when I saw some people commenting about her, as usually you don't see that sort of thing happen openly.

I was accused by her of being a friend of mine who helped me out. I can understand getting people confused but she couldn't consider she might be wrong. That friend has apparently gotten some ill stuff because of it. She would have been the one spreading that, so that someone works as a bariatric nurse and does that is troubling.

I had some issues like that with a nurse who I question whether or not she has feelings for the doctor. I didn't care much for the doctor as a fair amount of his decisions and the like didn't seem to be guided much by evidence and research.

Hi swimbike run! I am talking about Mexicali Bariatric Center in Mexicali, MX using doctors Wilhelmy and Ungson. Is this the same facility you are referring to? I have not heard of a nurse with the actual last name of Mexicali so I am wondering if we are talking about the same thing.

Yes, that is who the nurse was associated with. I think she used Mexicali for that reason - association with the Mexican Mexicali place. Apparently these people said she would change her name or nickname and come back on FB since she had gotten either blocked for a certain amount of time or the like. I don't know all the details but I remember it because I was floored. I had never heard people on the bariatric lists just say block her in public to others, some indicating an issue with her. Never that blatant.

I can only say what she did to Rachel and myself firsthand. It would have had to have been her (Mexicali's) comments that got Rachel blocked and I know Rachel said she really doesn't post on FB because she doesn't have the time.

I can also say that the experience I had and Rachel had and what I gathered from a couple of the FB groups, was not positive.

From my own experience, it is better to find out specifics or anything on a problem and see how places deal with it. Any one can deal with success stories but if they've got no reputation or a bad one in how they deal with problems, you want to know.

Yes, that is who the nurse was associated with. I think she used Mexicali for that reason - association with the Mexican Mexicali place. Apparently these people said she would change her name or nickname and come back on FB since she had gotten either blocked for a certain amount of time or the like. I don't know all the details but I remember it because I was floored. I had never heard people on the bariatric lists just say block her in public to others, some indicating an issue with her. Never that blatant.

I can only say what she did to Rachel and myself firsthand. It would have had to have been her (Mexicali's) comments that got Rachel blocked and I know Rachel said she really doesn't post on FB because she doesn't have the time.

I can also say that the experience I had and Rachel had and what I gathered from a couple of the FB groups, was not positive.

From my own experience, it is better to find out specifics or anything on a problem and see how places deal with it. Any one can deal with success stories but if they've got no reputation or a bad one in how they deal with problems, you want to know.

So there was an issue with a nurse and you and your friend on Facebook?

Do you have an first hand experience with the facility itself? I'm looking for people who have had the surgery with Dr. Ungson or Wilhelmy, any info is great.

Sorry to hear about your rough experience with the person on Facebook. :(

Yes, I was accused of being Rachel. I had supported the lady until then. She got mad, apparently believing she was right, and blocked me. It wasn't long after that I saw the comments made by people on FB about her. Rachel indicated she got bumped off lists and it was after that point.

I say that because if an employee is that way, you want to check into the doctor and what they'll tolerate. If they tolerate that behavior from their nurses, how are they going to treat you? if you need care or questions after, how will they treat you? This is what I say because I've had that experience.

No, not had those docs. I could give you some areas to check too, if you want, privately, that might get you some more help.