Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting on approval from BCBS of IL

Our music teacher had it done last August and she said the first week back was rough, but she made it. Of course she teaches music and I teach first graders!!

I would walk every day right now, as much as you can. Build yourself up, exercise your lungs. So you are ready.

I would walk every day right now, as much as you can. Build yourself up, exercise your lungs. So you are ready.

Thank you! I'm still hoping it's going to happen! Better to be prepared than not!

I ran a ton of errands. Cleaned my house, and went to FairSTL (which was brutal, walking up hill, humidity and heat). I really had quite the work out before surgery just getting ready for surgery. Iwas regularly walk a minimum of 3 miles just doing everyday tasks.

If you don't make August, what about Christmas break? if you miss August make sure you make them give you a date in December as soon as possible, everyone is trying to squeeze in for December.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I ran a ton of errands. Cleaned my house, and went to FairSTL (which was brutal, walking up hill, humidity and heat). I really had quite the work out before surgery just getting ready for surgery. Iwas regularly walk a minimum of 3 miles just doing everyday tasks.

If you don't make August, what about Christmas break? if you miss August make sure you make them give you a date in December as soon as possible, everyone is trying to squeeze in for December.

I live about 50 minutes east of St Louis! Just was surprised to see you say FairSTL! Christmas break was my next choice if the doc will work close to the holiday!

Where did you go in St Louis for yours?

Dr Minkin at Des Peres. He is Dr Scott's partner. If I am thinking of the right Dr Scott.

Look back at the first page of this thread.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Oh yeah. I think we already discussed this! I forgot! Lol! Yep! Same practice!

Ok. Just walked a mile! A little tough, but we just got home a week ago to a week long trip to Boston where we walked a ton! That about did me in!! So I think that helped with this one. Going to keep it up in hopes this surgery happens soon and because it is just better for me than sitting on my tush!

I go back the week of the 17th, but i have a week of workdays so I'll be sitting in meetings. I'm having surgery Aug 4th and I'm not too worried. I know I'll be tired, but i plan on going to bed early.

I am a week out today and even though I feel almost normal, I only have about 5-6 hours of good energy and then I need to take about an hour nap. Today was my first post op visit with the Dr and he said that this is major surgery for your body, even if you do not feel bad. He said that your body is using most of your energy to repair and rebuild itself and it is going to take 6-8 weeks to get your energy back. Don't over estimate what you can do to the point of jeopardizing your recovery. I decided today I am going to rest more, and stop pushing myself just because I feel good and I am happy.

I am a week out today and even though I feel almost normal, I only have about 5-6 hours of good energy and then I need to take about an hour nap. Today was my first post op visit with the Dr and he said that this is major surgery for your body, even if you do not feel bad. He said that your body is using most of your energy to repair and rebuild itself and it is going to take 6-8 weeks to get your energy back. Don't over estimate what you can do to the point of jeopardizing your recovery. I decided today I am going to rest more, and stop pushing myself just because I feel good and I am happy.

Ugh! That's why I wanted it towards the beginning of summer!!

Update: I got my approval letter today from the insurance company!! I called the dr's office. I was told to fax it to them and a nurse would call and schedule surgery. So now I wait in that! But at least I'm approved!!