Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help Feedback Would Be Great!!!!

I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP:help::help::help::help: I need to know that this is the right thing to do and that it does work if you work at it. Just reading alot of your posts and you seem so excited about the surgery Im a little scared!!! Need some feedback good and bad which should help me with this decision to go ahead and see a Lapband Doctor.

I need to loose about 150+ pounds so any success stories or even not so successful ones will be helpful Its such a life changing decision, to break those eating habits ive had for 28 years seems sooooooo scary and hard but it is something that needs to be done..!!:) you can reply via my Journal

THANKS

BEENA:think

My story is pretty straight forward.

I was banded 29 months ago, and with the band, and a total lifestyle change, I lost over 110% of my excess weight.

I think it is very normal to be scared, or worried. But in honesty, being banded was one of the best things I have ever done for myself.

Sam.

i agree with chickie - this is the best thing i have done for myself - EVER.

i was banded in October 2006 and have lost almost 117 pounds. granted it hasnt always been easy (i work out quite a bit), but it is worth it.

i still have about 105 to go, but i'll make it with a lot of help from my band.

I have been banded for a year and I'm down around 50 lbs. The weight loss for me has been average but it feels slow. Just remember that you can lose 30-50% of your excess weight the first year. That being said, I have seen people lose 100 lbs their first year. It just depends on how much you exercise and how soon you get good restriction. It will take you some time to lose 150 lbs but the wait will be worth it. Good luck.

WOW are u now 107 lbs thats tiny!!!! Do u have excess skin ? Im also worried about that side of it thanks 4 the feed back

I do have a little bit of excess skin on my arms, and thighs. I carried most of my weight in my midsection, so that area was just a train wreck. I had a Tummy Tuck in August 2006.

I am well under my goal weight.

I'm a new bander. I was banded on 4/30/07 and so far it has been the best decision that I have ever made. I have lost 40 pounds, and I received my first fill yesterday. I only wish that I would have done it sooner in life. The thing that you have to remember is that you did not get to the weight that you are at overnight and you will not lose it overnight either. It will take time, hard work and dedication. If you have your mind set to change your life, you can do it. I am a huge fan of the band and I would recommend it to anyone. Good luck with your decision and weight loss.

Tina

Hi Benna- You have come to the right place to help make your decision. I am not banded yet. I am hoping for a surgery date in August. But if you look around on this site you will find both good and bad experiences with the lap band. It will also help you to have realistic expectations. I read the book by Kahlah Ali and her lap band experience. It is a great book and also includes exerpts from the doctor that performed the surger in New York. The book is called Fighting Weight. Hope this helps. Gook luck to you!

I'm Sally, age 51, and this is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I have been obese for most of my life. I could go up and down, but mostly up. When I developed diabetes 3 years ago, I thought that would be the reason for me to lose weight on my own. It wasn't.

I had the lapband done on March 8th, in Ypsilanti MI, by Dr. Kam. He is the best - even though he is the only one I know! With his help and encouragement, the support of the staff and dietician, I have lost over 40 lbs. I started at 230 plus lbs, and now am in the 180's!

It does take work, and excersize, to lose, but the difference - both psychologically and physically, is amazing. There are ways to cheat with this procedure, and it does take the determination to lose, but this is the most effective weight loss tool for me. I don't take any more medications for diabetes, and I am so much more active, and happy to get into the next size down!

Everyone is different, but I am very happy with my decision!

I agree with all the banders...it is the most wonderful thing I have ever done for myself...I was banded in 4/6/07 and I have lost 37 lbs...I still have a long way to go, but at least the numbers on the scales are getting smaller....

I won't give all the details as to why this has been great for me.:bored.....starting at 367#, :osurgery in April 2007, and I'm down 40#:eek: etc..........but, I'll tell you of my day today:rolleyes:....

:rain: went with my sister, and our kids to WENDY"S for lunch:hungry:...

instead of my usual gorging on this type of lunch, or eating a reasonable lunch in "public" and finishing up badly at home,alone :nervousafter.....

I was perfectly happy :)ordering a taco salad with sour cream, taking small bites, chewing well, feeding my child while I was chewing......

listening to my nephews and niece talking about frosty and floats, :phanvanfor after lunch,

we were getting up and walking away to leave....:faint:

and OMG there it was,:omg: my taco salad........ it looked like I had just stirred it a bit....... it's container was still full..... how could that be:confused: .... I felt perfectly full and satisfied.......and was leaving behind almost an entire dish of food?

Strange for me BUT TRUE!!!! I must have eaten half a cup of food or less, and not even flinched, :whoo:at leaving the rest, as I did not feel I needed or wanted it!

This is the kind of success I'm experiencing daily:clap2:.. I'm a terrible "DIETER".. not successful for me ever.... BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT... this is success one day at a time. :DGOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DAILY CHOICES.

Thanks all for the kind thoughts a lot has happened since that post I have a date for my surgery 7th August and needing to drink Optifast for 1 whole entire month HELP !!!LOL got to do what i got to do!!! anyway I have a blogspot as well beenabeena.blogspot.com would love to hear from other bandsters

Cheers

BEENA