Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, my name is Heidi, I am 29 year old, and live in Texas. I just set my surgery date today with my doctor for July 11. I am very excited and also very nervous!

weight.png

Congrads!! I havent got that far yet. I just sent in my letter of necessity today. that is the last piece they need to file my insurance...Oh a July surgery would be just peachy!!

Hi Heidi! My name is Kelli. I'm from Florida and having the surgery on July 24. I'm so excited. I have been reading this site for a long time and it is so helpful. Good luck with your surgery and the pre-op diet.

Hi Heidi,

I too was very nervous, but the excitement made me overcome the nervousness. Don't worry, once they give you the relaxing meds. you wont worry about anything. I weighed in at 219 and I've lost about10 pounds since surgery, Good luck and God Bless You, and just pray on it. You'll be okay.. Josie.

hi heidi,

My name is lesley and a fellow texan:) I was banded last tuesday.I was so scared! I only had surgery as a toddler so I was very nervous! Once I got there all the nerves went out the window. My doctor and his staff was so wonderful an put me right at ease. Recovery was very easy. I went back to work a day and a half later. I have lost 14 lbs already!! If you have a questions, please ask!!! GOOD LUCK :)

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragment and support. My doctors office called today and asked if they could move my surgery until the 9th. I am excited and also more nervous. I am very emotional right now and this is strange to me. I am so overwhelmed. It's a week from Monday. It seems so soon. I know it is only two days earlier, but two weeks from tomorrow opposed to a week from Monday just seems scary. I am trying to keep my mind occupied, but that isn't working so well. Any ideas?

Hi did you have any worries about band Slipage or Erosion?

How common are these side-effects

hunter (Ronnie) good luck with everything. I just went to the doctor today for my pre-op appointment. I then went and bought some portein drinks, Vitamins, and Calcium supplements. My pre-op diet starts on Friday so one more day and it's shakes and high portein foods for me. My doctor doesn't require a full liquid diet pre-op that is post-op. Anyway, good luck and if you have any questions along the way feel free to ask and I'll answer the best I can!

PEACHES9 As for your questions, I am not too concerned about slipage or erision. That is more common when you don't follow the instructions given by the doctor and if you over eat which causes vomiting. These side affects can happen, but not very often. My surgeon said it is not very common, but it can happpen so they have to let you know.

Hi Tinkerbell thanks for the response... and answering my questions.

1) so what did you consume wk #1 Post op, wk#2, Wk#3 etc... which foods were difficult for you to tolerate.

Hi Heidi,

I am also being banded on the 11 of July. I understand the excitement mixed with nervousness because I am feeling the same thing. I wish you luck and check out the july 07 banders suppor group, you will meet lots of people who are scheduled for banding in July.

Michele

<p>Peaches9 I haven't had the surgery yet it is scheduled for the July 9th. I will let you know as I go what I have been able to consume as I go through it.</p> <p> </p> <p>Michele (dover) thanks for the luck and good luck to you too! I joined the group and it has been helpful thanks!</p>

CONGRATULATIONS TINKERBELL,

I WAS BANDED THIS PAST FRIDAY AND I AM DOING REALLY GOOD. I AM ALSO FROM TEXAS, SAN ANTONIO AREA. IT'S NORMAL TO BE A LITTLE NERVOUS, BUT YOU WILL BE FINE. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND KEEP US POSTED. MUCH LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU THAT ARE FIXING TO BE BANDED AS WELL.

Hello everyone! I am PEACHES9 ... I committed to haveing my surgery the 29th June.. so my LAPBANDING Date is July 11th too..

I plan on celebrating that day from now on as my Re-birthday.... I too am getting excited. Went out for supper yesterday (CANADA DAY) and had my 'last' meal... when I left the resteraunt I was really happy knowing that all my meals from now on will be 'tiny' and appropriate in size.

and by the next time I Celebrate CANADA DAY I will have lost 50 to 60 lbs... and be well on my weigh to a much HEALTHier ME..

BLess you all in your journey... if any other 11 July folks want to keep in touch that would be great!Q