Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

This sounds SO GOOD! Is it from a can or homemade (gotta recipe?) :thumbup:

Bloo,

Here is the recipe for the chicken-white bean-green chili Soup.< /p>

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 of a chopped onion

2 minced garlic cloves

2 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken but canned can be used)

1 small can green chilies - use 2 cans if you more heat in your soup

1 can white Beans, drained and rinsed

1 quart of low sodium chicken stock or broth

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon ground coriander

5 oz can of evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)**

salt and pepper

-saute onion with olive oil in a large pot

-add remaining items except salt, pepper and evaporated milk

-bring to boil then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes

-add evaporated milk. simmer for 5 more minutes

-add salt and pepper to taste

-you can serve soup with a little shredded cheese on top for garnish

**I use evaporated milk to add a creamy texture to the soup without adding tons of fat and calories...you can use heavy cream if desired...you can also omit the milk all together if you don't like creamy Soups.< /p>

I freeze leftovers in individual serving sized containers and pull one out of the freezer when I don't feel like cooking.

Breakfast ~ chocolate Peanut Butter Walnut Protein Shake

Lunch ~ A "TrueDiva Muffin" (2 eggs, 1/2 C Ground Beef, Chopped Onions, Sprinkle of cheese ... Topped w/ Salsa) :thumbup:

Dinner ~ 1.5 Scrambled Eggs, 2 Slices Bacon & 1/4 C Potatoes O'Brien

Would you share with me your Protein Shake recipe? I can't fine a Protein Drink I like, except Slim Fast Low Carb. I bought a Magic Bullet and New Whey vanilla Protein Powder, and they are sitting on the shelf, unused.

Would you share with me your Protein Shake recipe? I can't fine a Protein drink I like, except Slim Fast Low Carb. I bought a Magic Bullet and New Whey vanilla protein powder, and they are sitting on the shelf, unused.

check this thread out:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/post-delicious-high-protein-drink-recipes-here-please-75441/

bloo - hubby has been having your drink ALL wk; he's tight till around noon time and he is in LOVE w/this drink of yours. going to get another bullet today - one for me:wink:

check this thread out:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/post-delicious-high-protein-drink-recipes-here-please-75441/

bloo - hubby has been having your drink ALL wk; he's tight till around noon time and he is in LOVE w/this drink of yours. going to get another bullet today - one for me:wink:

where do we get the magic bullet from? I've heard of it..walmart?

where do we get the magic bullet from? I've heard of it..walmart?

i looked at Walmart and they didn't have it, they might have been sold out. i got mine at Macy's. 49.99 on sale.

i looked at Walmart and they didn't have it, they might have been sold out. i got mine at Macy's. 49.99 on sale.

Great! thanks!

check target - i was able to get mine there (picked one up today for just my use - :thumbup: $49)

a lot - while at super target this am i found frozen pork potsticks:

ming tsai brand

5 = 330cal / 1g Protein

10ct $3.32

i bought 2 boxes to give them a try; directions say to boil - will let ya know,

Edited by luluc
11 grams of protein - think my number 1 is stuck>>>>LOL

aren't pot stickers high in fat? I love pot stickers dont get me wrong..but its ok to eat them? I guess i'll find out when i go to my class monday,,, what am i shooting for? High Protein? did you see my asparagus rec?

aren't pot stickers high in fat? I love pot stickers dont get me wrong..but its ok to eat them? I guess i'll find out when i go to my class monday,,, what am i shooting for? High Protein? did you see my asparagus rec?

my correction if not seen - 11grams of protein, not 1g:tongue2:

ellinda - i really don't count fat grams & never have since being banded. btw - these are 15g of fat p serving.

for me, i watch my calories / protein & thats about it. i allow for fattier foods (not all days) some days, so long as i stay close to my 1100 calories per day.

i love asparagus & your recp is very easy. i make an asaparagus salad:

bunch of aparagus, using 2/3's of the stalk cutting in inch pieces.

spread on a Cookies sheet with salt/peper & olive oil - bake 350 for about 10mins. i like a bit of crunch

boil 1 cup of ronzoni smart taste rotini (any kind will do)

when Pasta & aparagus is done i mix in a bowl along with 3/4c feta / 2 healthy tbsp of olive salad (get at sams club - has 10 diff kinds of olives in a oil/vinegar mixture) / 2tbs of lemon juice / tsp lemon zest / 1/4c greek salad dressing.... chill

i love asparagus & your recp is very easy. i make an asaparagus salad:

bunch of aparagus, using 2/3's of the stalk cutting in inch pieces.

spread on a Cookies sheet with salt/peper & olive oil - bake 350 for about 10mins. i like a bit of crunch

boil 1 cup of ronzoni smart taste rotini (any kind will do)

when Pasta & aparagus is done i mix in a bowl along with 3/4c feta / 2 healthy tbsp of olive salad (get at sams club - has 10 diff kinds of olives in a oil/vinegar mixture) / 2tbs of lemon juice / tsp lemon zest / 1/4c greek salad dressing.... chill

I'll try it! sounds great, is this a cold salad or a warm salad?

(whatever you do don't get the Greek salad dressings that you buy from the store..yuk!..LOL)

'll try it! sounds great, is this a cold salad or a warm salad?

(whatever you do don't get the Greek salad dressings that you buy from the store..yuk!..LOL)

cold - on the salad dressing; get mine from central market or whole foods - don't care for store brand for that:wink: