Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

confused re:diet before surgery

:help:iam preparing myself in alot of ways but i am so scared i will panic and run screaming out of the hospitol i got so so scared due to the fact that my last surgery i had my first ever panic attack and have been battling them ever since..i have alot of other fears but those take a back burner to that getting ready to go to the hospita:help:l any one else ther know of some ways to deal of this i dont want to back out after all the work i am putting in but terrirfied of the knocked out feeling..just writting this my heart is going crazy..ughhhhhhhhhhhh:(

I am so with ya girl! 2 weeks on a liquid diet for someone who eats all day???????????????????????? That's probably the only part of this whole process that i'm nervous about.

Do you have a surgery date yet? Are you approved if you have insurance? I'm hopefully getting banded in Aug.

I just saw my nutrionist this past week, and well they recommended they high Protein, low carb, low fat, eating off a salad plate, no sugar, begin to cut out caffeine and sodas. They also recommended begging to sip Water, and to not drink 30 minutes before, during or 30 minutes after a meal. And to try to not eat after 6 pm. And there will be a liquid diet before and after. The length of the pre-liquid diet will be up to the surgeon when I see him in 2 weeks. I am planning on more than less, since my liver is fatty and I have elevated enzymes. At first I was like WOW, but then I thought, this is how I should of been doing it all along and I wouldn't be here. Then I realized I have to comit now, because the band is only a tool, and it will require the same commitment, and if I can't do it now, why risk surgery? We would not be venturing down this road of surgical assistance if we were not ready to make a change! We have to quit using the word "DIET", this is life style changes and choices!!! We choose to be healthier, happier and we can only do it one day at a time. You know, we are like alchoholics, just using food.< /p>

I Think I Will Be Aprroved In Oct..but Then I Am Thinking Hey No Turkey Day So I Am Thinking Dec..people Are Happy And Hopefully My Family Will Be More Recepitive If I Need Help..

I am on Optifast 800 and have been since May 10. I have finally gotten a surgery date, Aug. 6! My surgeon said he wanted me to lose weight pre-op to reduce the size of my liver. The diet was not too bad, I have never had trouble losing weight the problem is that I always find it again. I am hoping the band will help me keep it off.

Any One Have The Fear Of The Before Surgery Feeling When They Are Putting You Out..iam Terrifeied Any Suggestions Ideas..

They usually try to give you a little medication to help calm you, prior to putting you out. There are always going to be risks with anesthia, but most places now are using medications that are easier to reverse, they don't stay in your system as long. Anesthia is really getting better everyday. I would tell you to think about the risks of anesthia vs. the risk of your health if you stay overweight. I have had the experience with always vomiting after I wake up. So this last time, when I had a hysterectomy I spoke with anesthiologist and let him know how very concerned I was before the surgery. He reassured me that he would do everything he could to prevent it, and he did. He was great! So make sure you let them know how you feel, and see what they say. If they seem to understand and compassionate, yeah, if they don't, ask for another. You have that right!

I don't have my surgery date yet, but I am approved. My doctor told me that I will need to go on the liver shrink diet for two weeks too. He said that it is to reduce the liver so that it's not so much in the way when he operates and that it will help on my recovery. I know I will have a problem with that 2 week prior but I'm gonna stick to it because of the healing process.....

yeah i do hear rumers that todays's surgery are so much better so i will make sure to discuss all..i had forgooten how wicked sick i wake up after surgery..thanks

I had my psych eval today - I'm not nuts:) She said I'm a great candidate - yea!!!!! when I was talking to the psychologist today I told her I feel like this surgery ( no date yet) is a gift. So, if I don't stick to the pre surgery diet it will be like throwing the gift in the garbage. I am so ready. I just wanted to walk across the building and find an empty OR!