Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Hoo - Appointment Canceled for one day

I was all ready for my appointment today, I was so sure I was going to get food added to my menu and let me tell you I was ready! I just got a call, the Doctor is running late with his surgeries and I am cancelled till tomorrow afternoon. I know it's not much longer, but I was looking forward to something else to eat! Oh well, maybe I'll lose another pound waiting. :)

Bummer!!!! I'm doing liquids right now too, so I know exactly what you mean about wanting something else to eat! Keep yourself busy and try not to think about it (easy to say!). Tomorrow is just a short time away. Hang in there!

I am at work, so I am busy, although I can't get my mind off some food today. This is the first day I am really hungry! I just want some food! lol I sound like a kid in a candy store, just gotta have me some. lol

Blossom - how long do you have to do liquids? Can you have anything liquid or just clear like me? (I do get 2 Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks though)

O.K., Betty, deep breaths! You can do this! Just a few more hours for a lifetime of change. Now, where's that dr.'s # and I'll straighten him out for you. LOL

ROFLMAO!

I am sitting here, being a good girl, eating my Jello and my broth. I am pretending it is some cream Soup and a good desert! :):)

They better not cancel tomorrow or I will be eating cream Soups regardless of what they say! lol

I even thought of e-mailing them and asking what I could eat, and thought better of it. I can wait, I can wait, I can, I can, I can. Now, if my belly will just stop growling.

Hang in there, Betty. Clear Liquids was the worst stage for me, even though I wasn't hungry. I looked forward to each new stage of eating, all psychological since I wasn't hungry.

Here's a kicker for you. I was four weeks out and it was time to start solids. I was sooo looking forward to it...then I wrecked my motorcycle and had a swollen lump pushing on my esophagus. Back to liquids, not even mushies. I was so bummed. I had a major pity party then.

Tomorrow you will advance and nothing will stand in your way. :Bunny

Wow Becky, now that would be disappointing! I won't cry in my beer anymore!

Speaking of..............Are you still doing pretty good? Has your problem gone away or getting better?

One suggestion, Betty: Low-fat fudgsicles! They melt, so they're considered liquid. Seriously. And just 60 calories. (They're kinda addictive, though.) Counting the hours for you. . .

I second Zoe on the fudgsicles. I treated myself to one or two a day. Even my docs gave reluctant consent since they were sugarfree. They are soothing to the throat and to the psyche and to the chocolate monster. :)

After our last shopping trip, my husband said, "OH no! We forgot the fudsicles." I told him I was cutting back on them. They helped the most for me to ease any feelings of deprivation.

Thanks Zoe - Actually I have the fudge bars in my freezer, but I don't think I can have them yet. I am on Clear liquids except for the 2 drinks I get. I have looked at them a few times though! lol I know he would have put me on something else today, but I can wait till tomorrow.

Marie - You spoiled my day! I could just taste that BIG cold beer right now! :) It's funny cause I was telling my brother I couldn't have anything carbonated anymore. He said "Beer?" I said nope, he said "never?" I said nope, he said "never, never have another beer?" I was cracking up! Then he ask me if I could have a rum and coke, and I said nope! He said "What the hell are you going to drink?" He is so funny!

Becky - I was doing South Beach diet before I got banded, and I had one of those fudge bars each night before I went to bed. It was kind of a signal to me that the eating was done for the day. A couple of times I forgot to eat one and I would get into bed and think, I didn't have my fudge bar. Needless to say, I would end up getting up and eating it. Talk about your mind working against you!

I get up each moring and have a cup of Carnation Instant Breakfast

Breaktime I have a popcicle

lunch time I have a little broth and a little Jello

Afternoon I have a popcicle or a glass of juice

Supper I have a cup of Carnation Instant Breakfast and a little Jello.< /p>

Sometimes in the evening I have a cup of hot tea or another popcicle.

Wow, when I look at that in print it really isn't much is it? I have done well with it though until today and I have been hungry. But like I said, I had it in my mind that I was getting something new to eat. There goes my mind again! :):)

Betty, I am mostly on Clear Liquids, although I do get to add Protein shakes and v8 into the day. I have those fudgecicles in my freezer, but I haven't had one yet either. Hmmm....I'm thinkin I really need to try one this evening!

Believe me, liquids with no band is hard!!!

Blossom - Did you ask if you had to be on Clear Liquids? My doctor let me do any liquid till my surgery, then just one day of liquids. He used to make people do a week or two of clear liquids too. I was lucky he changed before I got there. :) They let me do cream Soups as long as I strained them. That would be extremely hard without the band. I feel for you!