Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can we talk undies?

I really don't know what to do here. I wore a new pair of boyfriend jeans yesterday. On a person with no gut I guess they're supposed to sit on your hips. On me I pull them up. My stomach is a mess. I have the apron and I swear when I have a Tummy Tuck I'll go down 2 sizes. I realized yesterday when I bent, 4 inches of granny panty's showed much to my horror.

I'm not sure how to go about this. I do not have the figure at this time for a boy cut. Bikinis and thongs are totally out of the question. I don't know what size to get. I'm in a 9 but I did some evaluating last night and I'm in essence wearing a diaper.

My stomach is a real issue. Any suggestions?

It would be easiest to layer a tank top under your shirt. It will still cover anything (butt crack, granny panties, spanks) if your shirt raises up.

I like those Spanx or encore or any body shaper. ( hint. Put on from bottom. Not over your head). They help hold things in place for me a bit better for years til I saved for a TT

Good luck not dropping your drawers

and yes it happens a lot ????

I like the hipster panties at Walmart made by blissful benefits. They are the No muffin top ones!

I wear Victoria secret underwear. I don't tuck my belly into my underwear. I wear a compression tank to keep everything smooth and in place.

I sucked it up and got some bikinis. Not cute with an overhanging gut, but way preferable to them hanging out of my pants. I also found I have no hips, so I bit the bullet and started buying belts. Got a black one, a brown one, and a really cute one woven in Peru. I never wore belts when I had a muffin top, but now I see why skinny people wear them! :)

Hipsters or low rise briefs(not bikini) I buy Faded Glory cotton stretch at Walmart.< /p>

I just found some great Shapewear called Yummie. They have great tank tops that give you firm but comfortable support all the way past your hips. They are long enough to cover your bum and lower belly. The compression feels great and helps with a squishy, jiggly belly. The bonus is a smoother silouhette. I bought them in several colors so I never have to be without them. HTHs!

Commando! Haha, but past that, the cami trick was always helpful to me. I didn't tuck it in, but just wore it as a longer shirt over my jeans and then a cute matching top on top of it, but in hindsight, tucking it in also works.

As a note, you will def go down sizes after an abdominoplasty. I started plastics in a 10 and I'm now in a 2-4 largely as a result of skin removal over 8 months.

I wear boy shorts or hipsters by Lane Bryant. Can't wait to get out of that store!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches