Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@jackiemc1987

Yeah, I was told ok for the juice when I first was post-op, then told NO WAY for later (the dreaded carb thing again!!!), so now I'm back to missing it....what I would do for a LARGE glass of O.J. (or Coke) right now!!!!!

@@jackiemc1987

Yeah, I was told ok for the juice when I first was post-op, then told NO WAY for later (the dreaded carb thing again!!!), so now I'm back to missing it....what I would do for a LARGE glass of O.J. (or Coke) right now!!!!!

Yeah, I was only allowed juice in the early stages because it's so hard to get ANY calories in the clear liquid phase, but told to stop juices and any caloric beverages (G2 for example) once I was onto full liquids.< /p>

Good Evening Everyone - I was on Clear Liquids from 24 hours after surgery and for 2 days post op. On day three I was on "Full liquids" which included my Protein Drink, yogurt (under 90 cal) diet pudding, high Protein Soup (couldn't find any) and low sodium V8. This stage was to last 16 days. On day 17 I was to start the "pureed diet" I tried it for a few days and couldn't eat the pureed food. I was a consistency thing for me so I asked my dr. if I could eat soft foods (really soft like cottage cheese) and he said it was fine as long as got my protein. I an at 3.5 weeks now and still have been eating soft foods, just a bit more. I have tried some "solid foods" like chicken cut up extremely small as well as a few pieces of sausage. I mostly eat the soft foods though still. I purchased a scale the other day to make sure I was not eating over 3oz and once I measured what I was actually eating I found out I was only eating like an ounce to two ounces. I use the little red condiment cups that they serve sauces in at Chilis. I fill that and its about 2 ounces. This satisfies me enough. I am baking a turkey breast Sunday and am going to try and have some of that. We will see how it goes. I do still drink at least 2 Protein Drinks a day as well and am doing very well with the Water. I purchased 2 bottles that hold 24 oz of water, fill them both in the morning and have to have them both gone by the time I go to bed. If I don't drink 2 protein drinks, I drink an additional bottle of water to get my daily amount. Oh, I have eaten eggs as well, scrambled and an omelet (which is actually 3 meals for me) and greek yogurt which I can not finish a full cup of.

Thank you all for all the great posts - it does help to read them and have questions that you don't think of when your at your follow up visits answered.

Good Evening Everyone - I was on clear liquids from 24 hours after surgery and for 2 days post op. On day three I was on "Full liquids" which included my Protein drink, yogurt (under 90 cal) diet pudding, high Protein Soup (couldn't find any) and low sodium V8. This stage was to last 16 days. On day 17 I was to start the "pureed diet" I tried it for a few days and couldn't eat the pureed food. I was a consistency thing for me so I asked my dr. if I could eat soft foods (really soft like cottage cheese) and he said it was fine as long as got my protein. I an at 3.5 weeks now and still have been eating soft foods, just a bit more. I have tried some "solid foods" like chicken cut up extremely small as well as a few pieces of sausage. I mostly eat the soft foods though still. I purchased a scale the other day to make sure I was not eating over 3oz and once I measured what I was actually eating I found out I was only eating like an ounce to two ounces. I use the little red condiment cups that they serve sauces in at Chilis. I fill that and its about 2 ounces. This satisfies me enough. I am baking a turkey breast Sunday and am going to try and have some of that. We will see how it goes. I do still drink at least 2 protein drinks a day as well and am doing very well with the Water. I purchased 2 bottles that hold 24 oz of Water, fill them both in the morning and have to have them both gone by the time I go to bed. If I don't drink 2 protein drinks, I drink an additional bottle of water to get my daily amount. Oh, I have eaten eggs as well, scrambled and an omelet (which is actually 3 meals for me) and greek yogurt which I can not finish a full cup of.

Thank you all for all the great posts - it does help to read them and have questions that you don't think of when your at your follow up visits answered.

yeah ill be a whole month post op april 23 isnt it amazing how we cant even finish a whole 2oz!? And u where on a liquid diet pretty long my dear kudos to u but ive wasted ALOT of food this pass month , every week i get a little bit better the storm is almost over!