Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

I hope everyone is doing well!!?? It's been awfully quiet lately.. I know for me, I'm just getting settled into my routines and moving on with my new life. I actually had someone say as a greeting to me today "Hey Skinny " I have to admit I liked that. I still feel like the fat dude, but realizing it's not completely true anymore. I'm getting there I always say.. I don't know about y'all, but I'm about sick of telling my story.. All my clients wanna hear all about it lol I'm grateful anyone wants to hear it in the first place lol. Everyone have a great day...

Hello all

I'm feeling pretty good, getting more Water in now , not 64oz but at least 50oz a day. Working with personal trainer at the gym, down 2 lbs this week. As for food , still a little struggle, not much of an appetite and there are only a few things that don't make me feel sick just thinking about eating it. I mostly eat Soup, chili, cottage cheese, things that go down easy. I did have very small piece lasagna last night and that was good. No regrets, but continues to be a challenge.

@ imjenn... Good for you. I'm hoping there will come a day that I can sip a glass of wine again.

My clothes are baggy and that feels good.

What are some things you all are eating??

Another thing I can't wait to be able to eat is salad. I like salad but I just can't it down yet.

Hi all, I am back just checking in to let you all know how I'm doing I've been doing pretty well the doctor finally put me on a pured diet last Thursday so this Thursday I get to go on regular food again yay. I'll tell you before I was depressed and questioned this whole surgery thing but now going with my gut feeling before that it was the right decision. so far I've lost a total of 70 pounds which I'm surprised cuz when I was in the hospital for ten days they were feeding me intravenously so I thought that would have completely stopped me from losing weight. but I'm getting all my Protein in all my liquids in I still feel weak and tired a lot but my doctor says that's normal because of the procedures I had when I had to go back into the hospital. Which was the computer guided CT scan where they put a 22 inch needle through your rib cage into my chest cavity to drain fluids and they did that 3 times. anyways I just want to say hi and good luck to everybody and hope you're all doing well and I'll be checking in quite regularly more often I just needed a big break to focus on myself.

Edited by cfinch70

Hey all again lol. Just a question when you say chili is that like hormel chili no Beans or with beans?

Chili with beans (beans for the protein) I make homemade 3 bean chili with ground beef.

Hi May Peeps!

Checking in on this 7 weeks post op date. Feels weird to write 7 weeks, in writing I am able to see that its not a very long time, but in my head, my pre surgery existence seems a lifetime ago. Ive still been weighing myself almost daily but I don't chart my weight until Thursdays. Ive been bummed that I'm not losing much and some days not at all, but today it says down 1.8 lbs for the week. I guess I'll take it. ;) We wetraveled to visit my father last weekend, and did a lot of restaurant eating... That was interesting. Choosing a restaurant that had menu items I liked as well as items that I thought that I could eat. I tried to remember all the tricks and info, that I've learned here and from NUT. But eating out with family (that Loves to eat as much as I used to) was definitely tricky. I tried to use my eat slower app, and did pretty well with time between bites. But I def struggled with knowing when to stop. Esp when the rest of the table was still eating. and everything tasted soon good. I did have a few bites of things I shouldn't have... Like cornbread at this amazing soul food restaurant (3bites for sure) and another night a taste of my husband's cake (just 1 bite) And I def noticed that I didn't feel well after those meals. Got a bit nauseous and hot.. thought that I may throw up, but thankfully didn't. I can see that I feel the best after a meal with fish. Still having a Protein shake for Breakfast nearly every day. Have added a Protein Shake back in the evening when I haven't filled my 60 g minimum for the day. Doctor's 6 week checkup was last week and I was down 22 pounds, they said that was great for where I started and that they would be looking for a loss of 30lbs by the 3 month visit. They said I am tracking ahead of that goal, so I guess I'll use their faith in my progress until I can find my own. I've still been walking 4.5 to 5.5 miles most days, and actually just got a Fitbit. Its def gonna help me stay motivated. Well Ive rambled long enough, Its so good to hear of your progresses and even struggles, helps me remember I am not in this alone. <3

Hi all, I am back just checking in to let you all know how I'm doing I've been doing pretty well the doctor finally put me on a pured diet last Thursday so this Thursday I get to go on regular food again yay. I'll tell you before I was depressed and questioned this whole surgery thing but now going with my gut feeling before that it was the right decision. so far I've lost a total of 70 pounds which I'm surprised cuz when I was in the hospital for ten days they were feeding me intravenously so I thought that would have completely stopped me from losing weight. but I'm getting all my Protein in all my liquids in I still feel weak and tired a lot but my doctor says that's normal because of the procedures I had when I had to go back into the hospital. Which was the computer guided CT scan where they put a 22 inch needle through your rib cage into my chest cavity to drain fluids and they did that 3 times. anyways I just want to say hi and good luck to everybody and hope you're all doing well and I'll be checking in quite regularly more often I just needed a big break to focus on myself.

I am SO HAPPY you are feeling better! Now, time to get healthy on top of it!

Hi May Peeps!

Checking in on this 7 weeks post op date. Feels weird to write 7 weeks, in writing I am able to see that its not a very long time, but in my head, my pre surgery existence seems a lifetime ago. Ive still been weighing myself almost daily but I don't chart my weight until Thursdays. Ive been bummed that I'm not losing much and some days not at all, but today it says down 1.8 lbs for the week. I guess I'll take it. ;) We wetraveled to visit my father last weekend, and did a lot of restaurant eating... That was interesting. Choosing a restaurant that had menu items I liked as well as items that I thought that I could eat. I tried to remember all the tricks and info, that I've learned here and from NUT. But eating out with family (that Loves to eat as much as I used to) was definitely tricky. I tried to use my eat slower app, and did pretty well with time between bites. But I def struggled with knowing when to stop. Esp when the rest of the table was still eating. and everything tasted soon good. I did have a few bites of things I shouldn't have... Like cornbread at this amazing soul food restaurant (3bites for sure) and another night a taste of my husband's cake (just 1 bite) And I def noticed that I didn't feel well after those meals. Got a bit nauseous and hot.. thought that I may throw up, but thankfully didn't. I can see that I feel the best after a meal with fish. Still having a Protein Shake for Breakfast nearly every day. Have added a Protein shake back in the evening when I haven't filled my 60 g minimum for the day. Doctor's 6 week checkup was last week and I was down 22 pounds, they said that was great for where I started and that they would be looking for a loss of 30lbs by the 3 month visit. They said I am tracking ahead of that goal, so I guess I'll use their faith in my progress until I can find my own. I've still been walking 4.5 to 5.5 miles most days, and actually just got a Fitbit. Its def gonna help me stay motivated. Well Ive rambled long enough, Its so good to hear of your progresses and even struggles, helps me remember I am not in this alone. <3

Don't think of this as a diet! If you want a bite of cake, you take it!

This awakening for me has been so helpful!

I also weigh everyday! But I do not chart my weight loss in my apps until I actually lose some! :) do whatever works for you and keep up the great work!

Well it sounds like everyone is moving along in their journeys... I'm glad everyone is home from hospital stays and celebrating many scale and NSV's

This is a new way of life and not a diet for me personally, and damn, it's a big a$$ change. I know I've said that before, but it's so true!!

Good luck to us all, and plenty of Light and Love from me to you ❤️????

I'm so happy everyone is doing better! Whoo hoo may peeps! I'm doing better too! Finally busted that stall after 2 and a half weeks! My doc doesn't have Protein requirements which I find odd so I was only getting 20-30grams a day. I tried upping my protein, Water, and calories a day and it worked! Finally! Yes! Lost another 5 pounds in the last 5 days bringing the weight lost since surgery to 18 pounds! Yay!

I'm so happy everyone is doing better! Whoo hoo may peeps! I'm doing better too! Finally busted that stall after 2 and a half weeks! My doc doesn't have Protein requirements which I find odd so I was only getting 20-30grams a day. I tried upping my protein, Water, and calories a day and it worked! Finally! Yes! Lost another 5 pounds in the last 5 days bringing the weight lost since surgery to 18 pounds! Yay!

Those stalls suck ???? I've been in one again for almost a week.. But I know it'll do its thing again soon ???? congratulations on your loss and glad u r well ❤️❤️

Hi All, I was May 28th...

Does someone have a light and flaky fish recommendation? I tried cod and tilapia and neither one went over very well. Has anyone tried anything else? Not allowed other meats yet. Thanks!!

Does someone have a light and flaky fish recommendation? I tried cod and tilapia and neither one went over very well. Has anyone tried anything else? Not allowed other meats yet. Thanks!!

I wish I had some words of wisdom on the subject of fish, but I can't stand the stuff so sorry ????

I'm sure someone will give ya some advice ???? welcome to the May Peeps Thread ❤️????????????

Hello. Welcome to the thread.

I eat a lot of fish. Cod , tilapia , flounder are light and flaky fish.

I wonder how you are preparing it?

I usually make fish with some type of sauce so that it is wet and moist.

One recipe I use is :

Sauté onions, red peppers, mushroom in a pan with little olive oil. When this mixture gets soft add a 14oz can of the petite cut tomatoes , a can of the white cannelloni Beans and a handful of baby spinach. Once this cooks for a few minutes lay cod on top and lightly push down into mixture. Cover with lid and simmer on low for about 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to over cook fish. Salt and pepper to taste. Can use any white fish. Hope this is helpful.

Also if you check Pinterest or Google , you will find fish Soup recipes that are amazing.

Thanks Nancy New. I think I will try something like that! I had previously tried baking it! The veggies you mentioned sound yummy, though I have yet to try any of them as I starting with very soft ones!

Mani mahi is my favorite fish. Great pan seared in lime juice with some onions and cilantro.

Edited by rosemary79