Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I have been peeking at your site for months reading your posts. I'm scheduled for LB on 6/21. That's probably the first time I've said that outloud. My story is the familiar one. Yo-yo dieting, comfort eating, no time for me. I am truly hopeful that the LB will be a tool to overcome the many pitfalls and vicious cycle I have subjected myself to over the past 10 years. It's odd--I'm not scared, it's almost as if I can't believe it is true that I'm actually going to go through with this.

What I have noticed the most while reading the posts these few months is that most everyone on this board who have/had weight issues are never at a loss to accept responsibility for the weight gain. It's like we know exactly what we do wrong but have trouble fixing it. Well seeing all the success stories it really makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing! Please wish me luck, as I have secretly done for all you who have been recently banded. I think this forum is great.

Mamota

Good Luck! Your surgery date is my 18 month Bandiversary. You are doing the right thing, my only regret is that I didn't do this sooner. I have been morbidly obese all of my adult life and this is the first time in my life that I feel "normal", whatever normal is. I walk in a room and don't feel like everyone is looking at me and thinking "WHAT A FAT PIG!" I never want to feel like that again. I'm glad that you're not scared, it means this is the right thing for you, in my opinion. Good luck again with your surgery.

Welcome and congratulations on taking control of your life. I was banded on 4/30/07 and I absolutely love it so far. I have not had a fill yet (will in 2 weeks from today), but I have already lost 34 pounds and I'm loving every minute of it. Just today I bought a dress that was not in the womans department. I couldn't believe it. I was a 22W and today I bought an 18. You are going to love everything about it. I wish you the very best of luck.

Tina

Way to go Mamota! Good Luck! I'm in the early steps, consultation scheduled for tomorrow. The more I read about others and their experiences, the less anxious I feel. The sooner I'd wish to be scheduled for the LB. Was the process long for you? I mean your scheduled 6/21 but how long before that did you have to wait?

Dear Mamota,

I remember feeling like I was having an out of body experience when I went to have surgery. I was so excited but I was thinking This is ME doing THIS!!??? . It was like winning something . Too good to be true.

Now 11 months post op if I had only heard of it sooner!!

Your surgery is on a Thur and if all goes well you will feel pretty normal by the next Wed . 1 week after I went back to lifting heavy dogs with no problem. When I would twist in bed sometimes I would feel like ohh I shouldn't move like that. If I would move carefully it would be ok. Then eventually I can do my usual tossing and turning.

Thanks for all the encouragement and appreciation of why we are are here. Lots of different reasons for lots of different folks. You can always find someone you can relate to.

I have two friends in cyber space that I am mentoring the best I can.

A big shout out (lol) for

Waitingtiljan banded jan 30 07 ( you GO girl)

&

Tanderson (newbie) banded June 4 07 ( my hand to her forehead ,be HEALED I say)

These two women are amazing to me (don't get me started) and I am so happy to have met them and help them with my band experiences with my band.

Thanks again to Alex .

from your soon to be band sister,

edie

Welcome Mamota and Congrates on your date !!!

We all could be diet doctors - we all have been on almost every diet there is out there - we know what we are doing wrong - the problem is that we can't help our selves - we need the tool of being banded... We are addicted to food - we are worst off than a druggies as they can quit drugs and keep them out of the house - We need food to live - so our drug of choice is in our face every day... No wonder we fail...

With the band we have the tool to help us control our intake

I'm in the preband mode - doing all the testing - hopefully Aug I will get banded. Good Luck and will keep you in our prayers

Good Luck and I know you will do well especially because you will be banded on my birthday. I was a secret reader for a long, long time before I ever posted anything.....it is still hard sometimes for me to post, I don't know why, but I love this site and have gotten so much support even though I have been silent alot.....but I have to remember, I need to post so other people can maybe benefit from what I have to say like I did with them. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Who is your doctor and what is your goal?

I was the same way, Mamota. I was a guest for quite a while before I registered and actually posted. Congratulations on your surgery date. Believe me, you won't regret it!!!

Keep us posted on how you're doing and Welcome!

Thank all for you encouraging words. I see the success that some of you have had and I pray that I too can succeed. For those that are still pre-band stage I hope your experience was as easy as mine in getting this all approved.

Some one asked me my goal etc. so My goal is 100 lbs. my BMI is 41. It seems like so much. I am in North Jersey, my Doctor is Stephanie Vaimakis at Englewood Hospital Medical Center. I love her and her staff if wonderful. THe procedure, band, fills is covered 100%. I read how much some of you struggle to have this approved or have self-payed and I am even more impressed. Simply amazing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mamota

I had my surgrey on 3/21/07 on a Wed. and I went back to work on Mon. so far i have lost 59 lbs. i was not scared going into my surgrey either i was relieved I was going to have a new change and yes i had tried every diet around. i feel so much better now. Good Luck w/ ur lb

kimslilstang

Welcome Mamota, we will be banded on the same day. I wish you much success/luck. We can do it! We have come this far and now in just 8 days or lives will change forever, doesn't it make you smile and say "I am finally taking a stance against my weight." This is bandland....

Good luck, Mamota. I've just started the process and am looking at about 3 months til I get pre-certified by my insurance. I don't care how long it takes because I know this is the best thing for me.

I wish you the very best and a speedy recovery.

Susan

Welcome to LBT and congratulations on your banding date...I know you must be so excited...Get ready for a new journey in life....I love my band and I would do it over again....I was banded on 4/6/07 and I have lost 36 lbs...

Good luck to you and I wish you a speedy recovery...let us know how you are doing...