Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery is On May 11th-Anyone Else? In Boca Raton, Florida

I went to my surgeon on April 1st., 2015. I have a May 11th surgery date. I'm not getting any support from family and friends. Everyone says that I'm taking the easy way out.

I went to my surgeon on April 1st., 2015. I have a May 11th surgery date. I'm not getting any support from family and friends. Everyone says that I'm taking the easy way out.

Congratulations and good luck! I heard the same from friends and some family when I had the lapband surgery in 2011. I was so sick and do stuck on the surgery not working out, that unfortunately, it didn't work our well. So I'll be having the gastric sleeve in Mexico on May 28. I am from Pompano but I work in Boca. I'm here if you need anything. My email is scr1690@gmail.com and my name is Sue. We need all the help we can get, right? :-)

Hi Merrill and Sue! I am in so Florida too, Sunrise area. I was sleeved in Oct and am nearly 6 months post now. No regrets! I have had total support from all family and friends so I can't relate on that part. I do wish my husband would go to the gym with me more but I don't allow him not going to stop me. I am doing this for me and I know I can't allow things like that to distract me. He does not eat like I do (even though he should!) It is hard to see food in the house that I don't eat but that is part of my lifestyle change so I take it as a tool. Other people are not like me and will be able to eat differently than I need to eat, so we have to learn to deal!

I feel so much better now that it just gets easier everyday.

Sue how did you arrange to do surgery in Mexico? Are you going to have follow up here?

Hi!!! So glad to hear that you're doing well. I went online and did some research, then I found this site and saw that a lot of people have gone to mexico for the surgery. My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgeries, so I thought I should go to Mexico after 4yrs of thorough research.

Sue how did you arrange to do surgery in Mexico? Are you going to have follow up here?

Hi!!! So glad to hear that you're doing well. I went online and did some research, then I found this site and saw that a lot of people have gone to mexico for the surgery. My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgeries, so I thought I should go to Mexico after 4yrs of thorough research. I'm going to follow up here with my primary care physician.

Number one is you and this is not an easy way out. There are so many changes you will have to make for the rest of your life. This is a tool just like the gym, the bicycle or any other thing that a person might use to help them lose weight or accomplish any given task. A seamstress needs a sewing machine. A mechanic needs a wrench. The pool person needs chemicals. A lawn person needs a riding lawn mower. Oh wait a minute that is the easy way out why doesn't the lawn person use the old push mower and I am not talking about one that uses gasoline, or why doesn't the lawn person use a pair of scissors to cut the grass? I am not saying the surgery is hard; because it isn't. It is the life time changes you MUST make that is difficult, not impossible. The easy way out would be to continue to gain weight until you die. Put your hand out and push the negative away and listen to that whisper coming through the back of your mind.........the one saying "I've got your back, I am here for you" and go to those group meetings for the support you need!! AND HERE WE ARE HERE FOR YOU

Hi Merrill congratulations on your decision to have the gastric sleeve done.

I'm so sorry that you do not have much support Merrill but take it from me darling this is not the easy way out!!!!

I got these kind of comments as well and more!! As I'm sure you did.

There's nothing easy about making a complete life style change because it is just that but the end result is absolutely amazing.

I am 11 months post op and I'm feeling amazing.

Please don't let people put off having the procedure Merrill because this is one thing you will never regret.

All the best sweetheart.

From a fellow Gastric Sleever.xxxxxx

By the way I live in Australia so I will follow you on this site if possible.

Xxxxx

Merrill1955, you need to do what is right for you. Just keep a positive attitude and know that you are worth taking care of. I am sorry your family is not being supportive because that is a real plus. You do have all of us here so just reach out and we will be here for you. Take care and good luck.

Merrill, I am in Jacksonville, Florida. You have made a very important decision to take back your

health and live a longer more full feeling life. Don't let others discourage you. I had both

positive and negative attitudes from family and friends. Now all I get is positive feedback. They

can see the difference in my health and disposition. This is not an easy way to go, you are

changing your life forever. This is a great website for encouragement and happy endings. You have

everyone pulling for you and we want to see you succeed. Good luck to you

I'm not having the sleeve but I'm having bypass on may 11th!

I want to thank all of you for responding to me. It feels good to finally have support. Today I am going to go to the Vitamin store to sample different Protein Shakes. I currently use "Pure Protein." It is good, I just wondering if there is anything better. My doctor wants me to do just liquid for two weeks prior to surgery. I don't have any problem with that. I'm concerned about not being able not to be able to swallow my large pills that I need to take. Can anyone help me out with info on the pills? Thank you again.

I know that after surgery I have to crush or take all of my pills in liquid form. Not Sure if you mean after or before. But as far as what to take I don't know yet either. I'm assuming I will get a list of stuff before surgery that I will need as far as Vitamins.< /p>

Edited by fit_mom_in_training

I check with my pharmacy, and the medication I take doesn't come in liquid form. I'm also interested in what Vitamins I will have to take.

You will just have to crush them then. That's what I will have to do too.