Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random questions

I took off the bandages on Day 3, like the brochure advised. My steristrips didn't fall off in the shower, so I took them off on Day 7. They are healing wonderfully.

I was expecting 4 incisions, but I have 5. I remember Dr. Yau specifically mentioning 4 scars right before my surgery so I was a little shocked that I had 5 incisions when I was looking at them the next day.

Also, I was told there would be no blood! There was blood on all of my incisions and I actually had the night nurse change my port area bandages before I left since the bandages were all bloody.

You guys might be interested to know that you can drink coffee/tea during the full fluids stage. I was dying for a coffee and Maral confirmed it.

Also, you can have SlimFast Optima instead of the Boost, like the brochures mentioned. I got that confirmed, too.

I am loving my coffee in the mornings, now

Bejeweled, I was also told 4 incisions and woke up to 5. 3 are almost invisible they look like a tiny dot. The port is the longest and still quite red and the one by my belly button is about 1/2 inch wide.

Thanks for the info about the port. He told Doddie63 the same thing and it does make sense. I just find that my bra lands on the port and I need to adjust it all the time or just take it off as soon as I get home.

Yes, one of my fears was the scars. I worried for nothing! They are almost as if a cat scratched my stomach (almost).

I asked Dr. Yau before the surgery if he was going to use staples and he said he doesn't do that and I am so glad! The scars are really nothing.

I have 2 scars that are half the size of a thumbnail.

I have 1 scar that is the size of a thumbnail.

1 have 2 scars the size of a thumbnail and a half (the port scar and the one near the belly button).

I also asked Dr. Yau if he goes through the belly button for one of the incisions as I've seen people on this board say that their doctor did that and they only had 3 incisions. Dr. Yau doesn't do that, it is too dirty to go through there.

I am really shocked that the scars are nothing. Especially if you have stretch marks on your stomach (they are nothing compared to those). Stupid to be scared of what amounts to scratches, after all. I am kicking myself that I didn't do this earlier.

Doddie you are hilarious. As I have said you are the only larger lady I have seen that doesn't have big boobs. While the rest of us will be looking to uplift and shrink our boobs when we reach our goal, you my dear will be trying to find your.

Love D

I couldn't have cared less about the scars. I guess if you're among the lucky who've managed to gain all this weight, stretch-mark free, then yeah, having a few scars riddle your belly might be a concern.

But me, my entire body is so covered with stretch marks, the scars just add a little bit of contrast (horizontal against my vertical stretch marks!). I'm not gonna be showing off my stomach, no matter how skinny I get, or how much flesh I remove, they can't get it all, and I'll always have those white glimmery streaks all over. :phanvan

I have so many scars from surgery, I consider them "my tatoos". now if i could only find some boobs when I am at goal, I would be "in" doddie

Miranda and JLB, at the same time you both are correct. However, in my opinion the spas or tanning salons that are using herbal or natural product for skin toning or skin care; we should go for those ones. Our body is the precious gift from God and we need to maintain and treat it in a proper manner.

New question: I was banded July 5th and still have dark discoloured skin around my reservoir and , to a lesser extent, around all the other suture lines. I bruised really deeply and darkly after the surgery, and these look like permanent bruise remnants. Did anyone else have this? Does it ever go away???:help:

Hi Lisa,

I was pretty bruised as well when I came out of surgery. The bruises disappeared in about two weeks. So you should see some change soon.

New questions!! :

1. I found out the reason my port sticks out so much is that it has flipped onto its side. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so did you do anything about it??

2. Does anyone out there have the Inamed 10 cc. band. If so, can we chat about fills, etc. No one I've talked to has the Inamed, and most seem to have the French Midband. Would love to compare notes.