Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first month as a sleever...........

I wanted to share my first month experience! The good, bad and TMI also!! All in all my recovery was very easy. No nausea or vomiting. I am able to eat most things by now (still haven't introduced beef or raw veggies). I don't crave many things. I am surprised at how much I can eat but still not eating much in a day. Sometimes I can eat more than others, don't really know why. When you eat too much you will know and be miserable! Walk it out! I am getting down over 100 grams of Protein per day, how you say? I add an extra scoop of unflavored Protein powder to my Advocare Protein Drink so I am getting 54 grams in 1 shake and I am drinking 2 of those per day most days.

I am walking a lot! Get a Fitbit, it really helps you get those steps in per day! I am off on Fridays and walked 7 miles that day-not all at once but there were 90 active minutes! I still cannot lift without feeling some strain so I don't do it yet! My weight was stalled for 2.5 weeks (very frustrating for a new sleever) but one morning I woke up and 5 pounds gone just like that and now a couple of more! I have not experienced dumping but I will say what I experience is more like a cleansing! There is a sense of urgency but plenty of time to find a bathroom! It is usually very welcome because it make the bloating go away! I wake up with a flat stomach (compared to what it was) but once I eat or drink anything my stomach does bloat. I am urinating so much less (which is nice) and urine is clear so I know I am still getting plenty of fluids! I have saved a lot of money not going out to eat anymore. Some of my incisions are still open but healing. I have not experienced in excessive Hair loss. My first period out after surgery was long and heavy, doctor said that was normal.

I have lost 20 lbs yet no one has said anything about it yet except my husband! Could be because I am still wearing the same clothes! I have a lot more energy!! The ugly is that I have been really moody, my family can attest! I don't know if this is from the changes or the building a house and current house in disarray and long work hours! Either way, my family has been very patient and I hope it goes away!!

Very pleased that I did this, wish I would have done it sooner!

Interestingly enough, I lost in my face almost immediately. That never happened before. I found my cheekbones. That was a very pleasant surprise, and very noticeable.

@@uni2424 - Excellent report!!! Sounds like you're doing great!!! I agree - I should have done this sooner.

Don't let any stalls weight you down psychologically (no pun intended ;) ), they will pass as long as you keep doing what you know you're supposed to be doing. hair loss for me started several weeks out with increased shedding, then about week 13 I started losing it in clumps when shampooing :o . I know it's only temporary and I have seen evidence of new growth. :) I didn't buy any new (or consignment) clothes until about 50# down so a lot of folks could tell I was losing weight other than in my face :D . Now that I've bought some things that are more fitted to my body shape, and a more appropriate size for my current weight, lots of folks I work with are noticing the weight loss. Most of my closest co-workers knew I was having WLS; several of them have been down that road themselves. When I CHOOSE to tell someone that I've had WLS, I emphasize the fact that it was done for medical/health reasons, fatty liver, diabetes, HBP. Fortunately, no one has been negative towards me for having made this choice (I realize I'm fortunate to have had so much positive support around me).

Keep on keeping on!!!

For every pound we lose, we're that much healthier!