Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey @@blashlee! You're more than half-way through the liquid diet phase! How's it going now that you're on the home stretch? I hope it's gone quickly for you. Any tips or tricks for those of us with the liquid diet still looming ahead of us?

Hey @@blashlee! You're more than half-way through the liquid diet phase! How's it going now that you're on the home stretch? I hope it's gone quickly for you. Any tips or tricks for those of us with the liquid diet still looming ahead of us?

If anybody will suffer through it with you, it'll help. It's gotten easier, I've got 5 days to go!

I've been experimenting with Jello a lot. And seasoning my broths so they're a little more fun to sip on. Also, keeping variety helps. I have a lot of different Proteins and zero cal drinks so I don't get bored. Mostly just staying busy really helps.

@@meSparkle83 @@blashlee hey ladies, I made it!! Thank you for your prayers and support. I was discharged today and so happy to be home. Surgery went very well, no complications of any kind. The only thing i can complain about is the gas...sheesh. Your tummy is pumped with gas so they can see and that is the hardest thing to dwal with after surgery. I had some gas ex strips but that seemed to make it worse. The best thing you can do is walk and walk and WALK. That is the only way to move that gas around for it to pass. I was up and walking about 7 hrs after surgery. I am so excited for the both of you. I hope the pre-op diet is getting better...your almost there.

@@mstee83

I am sooo happy for you! I have a few days left and I'm getting nervous by the second. Thank you for the advice and I'll be looking forward to all the tips & advice you have to offer.

@mstee3 glad to hear an update from you!!! I was warned about the gas and I got strips today. Keep us abreast on how your first few weeks go!

Blashlee, good luck, and thanks for keeping us posted. You are teaching us a lot! How exciting for you. That is absolutely wonderful that your boyfriend is supporting you so well. If he keeps it up, your entire journey will be so much easier.

@@meSparkle83

Today is magnesium citrate day :-/

So I'm at home cleaning and washing and getting my stuff ready that I'm taking to the hospital. Feeling pretty good. Except for the magnesium citrate.

Ugh... The magnesium citrate was awful. Good luck on your surgery! Hope it goes well.

@"meSparkle83" My surgeon asked us to drink a whole 10-12oz bottle of it by noon the day before surgery. So I tried as hard as I could to chug the whole thing. It was so salty and sour that I really couldn't (the store only had Lemon flavored). It was probably one of the nastiest things I've ever drank. I have a feeling once I get a few months down the road it will be totally worth it though. :)

Drink it through a straw....I used a tervis cup straw and was able to down all 10 ozs at once. I ended up having to drink a 2nd bottle so the straw definitely helped.

Drink it through a straw....I used a tervis cup straw and was able to down all 10 ozs at once. I ended up having to drink a 2nd bottle so the straw definitely helped.

Ok, thank you!

I will try a straw.

@"meSparkle83" My surgeon asked us to drink a whole 10-12oz bottle of it by noon the day before surgery. So I tried as hard as I could to chug the whole thing. It was so salty and sour that I really couldn't (the store only had Lemon flavored). It was probably one of the nastiest things I've ever drank. I have a feeling once I get a few months down the road it will be totally worth it though. :)

They have lemon n cherry flavor here, I don't think either will taste good.

My surgeon didn't give a time so thank you. I will do it by noon as well.