Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Quest Protein Chips - Anyone else tried these?

Just tried these and they're pretty good. I liked BBQ flavor the best. They kinda remind me of Baked Lays. Anyone else tried them?
[sharedmedia=videos:videos:7]

They remind me of those Special K Cracker chips in terms of their texture. I found it hard to eat a whole bag. I decided I'd rather steer clear of crispy/salty chip-like Snacks rather than fall back into old habits or renew old cravings.

Yes I have tried them but they are so expensive I do not think there worth the price but it's ok .

I've tried them not my fav....but for Protein sake i swallowed them!!

I wanted to love them, but they reminded me of these awful boxes of dried scalloped potatoes (old dried potatoes and yucky powdered cheese) my mother used to buy. Bought one of each flavor, and couldn't give them away at work - people tried them, no one liked them.

Not much of a salty snack person, but if I NEEEED something (and sometimes I think we all feel that way), I'm a fan of the Health Wise dill pickle flavored Protein krinkles.

Thanks for the tip about the Krinkles, I'll have to check them out.

You also might want to consider Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps as another alternative to Krinkles. To me they were very much like eating Andy Cap Fries. The Protein is a little lower at 5grams, but they are low in calories.

Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps - Caesar

I ran across these today at Super Wal-Mart and was in the mood for a snack. I'm glad I picked them up and now wish I had gotten the other flavors to try as well, or at least bought more than 1 bag of the Caesar flavor! :-P

If you are looking for an alternative to potato chips, I can't recommend Snapea Crisps enough. Made from green peas, they have the texture of a Funyun or Andy Capp Hot Fries.

Baked and crunchy, they have a hint of onion and parmesan cheese.

$1.50 per bag / 3.5 servings per bag
1 serving =
22 crisps, coming in at a low 120 calories:
16 grams of carbs
5 grams of protein
5 grams of fat

I wanted to love them, but they reminded me of these awful boxes of dried scalloped potatoes (old dried potatoes and yucky powdered cheese) my mother used to buy. Bought one of each flavor, and couldn't give them away at work - people tried them, no one liked them.

Not much of a salty snack person, but if I NEEEED something (and sometimes I think we all feel that way), I'm a fan of the Health Wise dill pickle flavored Protein krinkles.

@@joatsaint I've had the lentil crisps (tomato basil I think?) and they were delicious as well.

I bought one bag that I actually plan to crush and use them to coat a chicken breast. Something different. I agree with everyone else, they are too expensive.

I prefer dried edamame! Not really a chip but still makes an excellent snack

Yuck! I'm not a picky person and if I buy something I make it work. But I found those chips to be just awful that I just couldn't continue eating them. The worst thing was that I bought like 6 bags and lost the receipt. So I ended up throwing them away...I couldn't bring myself to subject anyone else. I mentioned my experience to the guy at Vitamin Shoppe and he said that people return them all the time and that his manager was going to stop carrying them.

Nope but I heard they are nasty from the sales associate at GNC

They have a nasty after taste. I can only eat half a bag at a time. I unfortunately bought 3 cases ???? I'll try to get through them this year...

Tried these some time ago. It was an impulse buy while leaving the market. If I had read the package I would have skipped it. I just looked at the pic and thought yum, dried peas. I was so disappointed by the processed crap.

i was in the Vitamin shoppe the moment they first arrived and im a chip freak! i was sooo happy i bought each flavor went home to watch football with some chips, I was in heaven...

Which turned quickly to being in hell...it looks like a chip, sounds like a chip, tastes like carboard mixed with ass. oh my, i do not think you couldve made something taste worse unless you ate those chips threw them up and tried to eat that. i was heartbroken and out the 12 bucks as well. sigh Now literally if i try anything i compare them to those chips, " well its not as bad as those Protein chips..". etc.

I personally at trader joes they sell an edamame rice mini chip that is amazing with hummus ( which are two things i thought i would never eat in my life if you had asked a year ago) also my local supermarket has these chickpea chips they have some protin which is nice and very low carbs for quite a lot more chips than i could fit with my sleeve lol, but like 6 to 8 chips with some fresh pico salsa is just heavenly , heres a link.

http://www.vitacost.com/maya-kaimal-chickpea-chips-seeded-multigrain-4-5-oz-1?csrc=GPF-PA-Food%20%26%20Beverages-853325005010&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=853325005010&gclid=CJO838mWwcQCFUkR7AodYD4AYw

Tried them and didn't care for them. I DO like Simple 7 Quinoa chips though.