Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Sleevers - how are you doing?

I want to see how everyone is doing and see if you were having the progress you were hoping for. What kind of ups and downs, scale and n on-sale victories, typical meals, exercise and overall sense of well-being.

As for myself...SW 254, DOS 242, CW 221. I walk an hour 5 days a week, consume 650 to 800 calories a day, and have lost 65 inches combined in 17 total measurements. The jeans I couldn't hardly button and muffin topped finally fit like they should (a little loose in parts). I'm noticing and friends and family are noticing. I'm so glad I was able to have the surgery. Please share your progress!

Healthiswise - congrats!

I had surgery on 2/11 SW 271 DOS 259 and CW 219! My journey has been unbelievable, first off I have had no pain or discomfort from surgery, and everything has gone well. I am down 3 pant sizes, and have no clothes that "fit". But I have decided to wait till weight loss slows down.

I currently eat about 600 cal a day, but do have a challenge getting all fluids in and eating in the same day, so Protein levels are low!

Overall I feel great and am sleeping much better, I even have dreams, which after sleep apnea was rare! My energy levels are up, and am very happy with my decision on VSG! Even if that means I am COLD a lot more often.

Keep up the great progress!

I am cold a lot too! I've never been cold like this before. I was always like a heater. People would stand next to me to get warm.

I have issues drinking enough Water too. It seems I either get Protein or Water but not both. I didn't have pain or discomfort either and I've been able to tolerate everything I've eaten so far and haven't vomited at all.

You're having awesome results! Congratulations!

20 lbs down, pants actually fit now. I feel better once I started forcing Water, no longer passing out. Eating 800-1100 cal a day, rigorous cardio 3-5x week. Not getting enough Protein in though

Hi. Congrats to everyone! I was 232 at the beginning of my journey, 222 DOS on 2/24/15, and currently 207. Trying not to be disappointed in only a 15 pound loss in almost four weeks, but it is difficult. Anyone else sleeved in February losing slowly?

Losing slowly. Sleeved 2/9

SW 253 DOS 211 current 193 Only 18 pounds lost. About 40 to go.

About 800 calories a day. Exercising 45 minutes 5-6 times per week.

12 days after sleeved I had a 17 day stall.

SW 253, DOS (2/19) 236, Current 217. I'm lucky to get 650 calories a day. Walking 5 days a week; this next week I will up the intensity a bit. I had some issues last week where I had intense pain near the large incision site. I think it was one last stitch not yet dissolved that was in my ab muscle. I thought my insides were being ripped up. Was in ER and a CT didn't show any issues. Two days later I felt good as new!

I don't know if I'm losing slowly or not. I had a bit of a stall around week 2. Now I'm very happy with the weight loss and how I am feeling!

Date 2/18/15. Surgery weight 240, current weight 213. Lost 26 pounds so far. Getting about 600 calories on average. Don't get all my liquids in. Not exercising yet since I'm pretty weak. No change in clothing size yet so that's discouraging. If I could just speed my way to through the next 14 pounds so I could see onederland again, that would be a huge motivator!

Surgery 2/3/2015. Initial weight- 241, post-op diet weight (day of surgery)- 230, current weight- 211. My only post surgical issue was nausea which I knew I would have since I always have nausea following general anesthesia. No pain meds. or Tylenol needed after I came home. In fact felt pretty much 100% 5 days after surgery.

I did have a stall two weeks after surgery which lasted about two weeks, but seem to be losing consistently since then about 2-3 pounds every week to week and a half. So I think I am sort of on the slower side.

I probably get about about 600-800 calories a day, seem to be making my Protein requirements with the help of Protein shakes (2/day). Just recently have been able to just meet the liquid requirement per day. My dietician said I could count the Protein shakes as liquid too. I find it much easier to find things I am interested in eating now that I am on soft foods stage- soon moving to regular food, however, no nuts, seeds, peels, stringy fruits/vegetables until May 3rd.

Many of my clothes are becoming loose to the point of looking silly, but haven't had any pants fall down yet. Started wearing clothes I had packed away two to three years ago.

I am walking one to two hours six days per week, well over 10,000 steps per day. Doing Tai Chi once a week.

I feel great, so happy I did this! Aren't you?

My surgery was 2/19/15.DOS 253 CW 229. I am loving the sleeve! Recovery was better than expected.

My surgery was 2/26/2015. DOS 261 CW 237. This has been the best thing I could have ever done. I walk everyday at work (enlisted my co-workers) and every night I walk or ride my bicycle since the weather is so nice. I did not have any issues in my recovery and have not felt this good in years.

I eat about 500-600 calories a day and slowly working up to 60 gm Protein. I am just amazed at how full I am after eating 1 oz of Protein and I have had none of my old cravings or uncontrollable eating periods.

2/10 was my surgery. DOS 320 CW 290. I had a 10 day stall and the NUT said up my calories and Protein...so currently eating about 800 calories and 60-85 g of Protein (and it worked). Doing well on that and the Water most days...need to improved the exercise, I was walking really well but had a busy week and didn't get back into it. Back at it this week with treadmill walking on an incline, squats and upper body dumb bell routine. I'm just going to keep working the plan as I know it WILL work!

Hi. Congrats to everyone! I was 232 at the beginning of my journey, 222 DOS on 2/24/15, and currently 207. Trying not to be disappointed in only a 15 pound loss in almost four weeks, but it is difficult. Anyone else sleeved in February losing slowly?

I'm losing slowly but I expected it - because mine was a revision surgery, I'm older and I carry my weight in my lower body. I also hVent exercised as much as I would like. I used to go to the track all the time to walk, I now have a bone spur in my heel. Have an appt scheduled with a podiatrist but they couldn't fit me in until mid- April.

This is FABULOUS to read! Sleeved 2/26! DOS 211, CW 194. I lost 13 pounds the first week and then stalled for 11+days. Went to my doctor on March 16th for my checkup and when I told her I was at a stall, she told me "No you're not" and to "stay off the scale!" That was a week ago, I weighed in today and lost 4 pounds. I'm down from a 18-20 to a true 14. I went to the mall yesterday and tried on clothes in Cache, JCP, White House Black Market and fit 14 and even some 12's in dresses.