Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EXTREMELY low metabolism

My metabolism is very slow as well. I had a resting metabolic rate test done. Just sitting around or sleeping I burn 1200 calories a day.

The farther we are out from surgery, the harder it is to lose regain. I will gain if I eat anything what so ever that brings me over 30 grams of carbs per day.

Dannon Fit and Light has 8 carbs for most of them and they are really good. Chiboni is really good, but at least 20 carbs.

My metabolism is very slow as well. I had a resting metabolic rate test done. Just sitting around or sleeping I burn 1200 calories a day.

The farther we are out from surgery, the harder it is to lose regain. I will gain if I eat anything what so ever that brings me over 30 grams of carbs per day.

Dannon Fit and Light has 8 carbs for most of them and they are really good. Chiboni is really good, but at least 20 carbs.

I love the Dannon Light & Fit and also keep my carbs VERY low. My workouts, alone, burn 600 cals per day and I'm only eating around 1000 cal per day, so shouldn't be so hard to maintain. Does insurance pay for the resting metabolic rate test? Would love to have one done!

I don't know if ins pays for it. Mine would not. I actually had it done by my band surgeon and he let me pay cash half price. I had it done twice. I did it again after sleeve surgery to see if anything had changed. I had been at goal a couple of years at least. It came out the same.

If your numbers are correct and you only eat 1000 calories a day and burn 600 of that by exercise then there's not much left for your body to live and function well at this point. You can't expect your organs and hormones to serve you well if you're not nourishing them. But I do agree with others that watching what you eat (I try and measure and track everything still or I mentally fib to myself about what I've really consumed) and working out are a normal part of maintaining weight even for "normal" people.

If your numbers are correct and you only eat 1000 calories a day and burn 600 of that by exercise then there's not much left for your body to live and function well at this point. You can't expect your organs and hormones to serve you well if you're not nourishing them. But I do agree with others that watching what you eat (I try and measure and track everything still or I mentally fib to myself about what I've really consumed) and working out are a normal part of maintaining weight even for "normal" people.

That's why I don't understand why any tiny deviation either an extra 100 or so calories or missing a workout causes weight gain. Its such a fine line,..............

My energy is great, too. Can't stay busy and moving enough, lol. And I detest sitting still

@TheRealMeIsHere! Is 115 a realistic weight for you? I would also have to net about 500 calories a day to get to a comparable BMI. I'm 52 and not about that life ;)

@TheRealMeIsHere! Is 115 a realistic weight for you? I would also have to net about 500 calories a day to get to a comparable BMI. I'm 52 and not about that life ;)

That's the weight that feels the most comfortable and where I feel the most healthy, confident and energetic. I do fluctuate between 115-118

Then that's what works for you! Did you ever think you'd be 115 pounds!?

All my life I would bounce between 115 and 275-ish. Never thought I would stay here! Just wish it didn't have to be on my mind every second. I feel like I am ALWAYS thinking of ways to burn calories. Guess that's better than thinking, constantly, about consuming them, lol!

Yeah, it is always on my mind, too. Wish I wasn't that way, but after years of bad habits combined with bad genes and a propensity to gain, I know it's just going to be this way. But I'd rather struggle to stay thin than struggle and stay fat any day. It is much better life, for sure.

I'm 6'1", 2 years out and my basal metabolic rate seems to be between 2000 to 2200 if my Fitbit is an accurate measurement. However, if I eat more than 1800 cals a day, regardless of the food source, I gain weight. I'm also hypothyroid w/ Hashimotos and take synthroid everyday. I'm still fighting with a 15 lb regain that started last Fall when my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, and a lot of holiday out-of-control eating. A normal woman with my height and a normal metabolism would be able to eat more calories and have a higher metabolic rate. Oh well, that's my life story, slow to non-existent metabolism. I think you are doing great if you're staying at 115-118 lbs! That's maintaining! Constant vigilance is what it takes and it gets old. The problem is that when you stop being vigilant and gain weight it takes a HUGE effort to get it off again. My only suggestion would be to add some weights or yoga to your exercise routine as building muscle should help boost your metabolic rate, so they say. I have been doing Yoga for about nine months now and it has definitely made me stronger and my posture is much better, plus it's such a great stress reducer. It hasn't helped me lose my regain but perhaps my muscle mass has increased which is part of it ( wouldn't that be nice LOL!). I think for me getting outside will help me move the scale. I love walking and riding my bike but this winter has been too cold for me to get outside much. Looking forward to the warmer weather!

Yeah, my fitbit and myfitness pal and other such calculators say I should be able to eat around 1400 calories, but I can't. Life is not fair ;)

It explains why I was never able to lose weight, most certainly. I was not dealing in truths.

I am really sure the resting metobolic test I had done at the doctor's office is the only true way to find that out. I had to go early in the morning, without eating . I could not exercise for I believe 24--48 hours before the test.Then they hook you up to a machine.

They closed my nose with a close pin type think and I had to sit there for about a half an hour and just breathe normally out of my mouth.