Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried a waist trainer?

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone on here has tried a "waist trainer" after sleeve surgery. If so, has it been successful?

Someone suggested I get one to gradually get the hourglass figure and this person swears by it. I ordered one from Amazon tonight to give it a try, but would love to hear from people who have tried it.

Thanks.

@@Pac-woman Ha! That's funny I just order a squeem last night. It won't be here until Friday so I can't tell you anything about it yet.

I considered getting one, but it's not what I want. I want to be strong and healthy all over so I'm sticking with compression garments for everyday and support garments for when I'm dressed in non gym clothes.

If you are going to use one, please read up on the risks of wearing it too tight. They can cause/increase heartburn, which is already a problem for many sleeve patients. They can also push your stomach up through your diaphragm (hiatal hernia).

http://news.health.com/2015/03/10/what-is-waist-training/

My weight (fat, lol) is pretty evenly distributed. I would be afraid it would just sgueeze some of it to settle into a bigger panni or muffin tops! I am really curious about this. Let us know if you find positive results.

@@Elode Yeah I ordered mine last night. I ordered it a size bigger thinking about not hurting myself. It has 3 stages of hooks so you can use it for a while as you shrink. I was told it helps with lose skin and helps shape your torso into an hourglass figure. There must be some truth to it I figured, asian people bind their feet to make it smaller so why not this?

I will be very careful to avoid getting a hernia. If it feels too tight I will wait until I lose a little more. On my next follow up next month, I will bring it up to the surgeon.

This is the one I was able to find in plus size and not too expensive. Because they are ridiculous in prices.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LLIVQSK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@@Pac-woman That's pretty! Here's a picture of the one I ordered...

post-237766-0-73084200-1426368732_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elode

I'm not sure if it's considered a waist trainer or just a cintcher? I figure with the straps it will help with My back and keeping it up. Let me know how yours turns out please!

@@Elode Sure thing. It has been shipped. Hopefully I get it sometime this coming week. Should be interesting.

@@Pac-woman I got it today!!! I forgot Amazon delivers on Sunday's. I LOVE it!! It feels soooo good and looks great under my clothes. I don't want to take it off....here's a picture!

post-237766-0-06132000-1426457013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elode

I like that it comes down over my big hips and up over my entire back to smooth it all out! Sorry the picture is side ways I don't know why it's like that it's not that way on my IPad.

Cool!! Can't wait for mine ????

mine comes tomorrow!!!do you wear it to bed??

I don't know if one should. You need a break. 8 hrs is the most I think

So here is an update. I got the waist trainer and when I tried to put it on, it didn't even close around my hips. Mind you, I got the bigger size so it is not tight. Well, not sure what happened there, but there is no way no how I can get this closed. So, I decided to return it and wait till i go down a few more pounds and try again. Maybe a different one, I didn't like this one cause the outside felt like rubber material. Didn't like how it felt, nor it smelled. Returned it for a refund.