Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else RNY-ing on March 17?

I would love to hear back on how everyone did. I lost 12 lbs on the 2wk liquid diet before the surgery. So know Jodi's journey begins. I writing a book about the journey and I would love to meet up with a few of your for comments in the book. Please let me know if anyone interested in having your mini story in the book. I will come to you. Thx Jodi

Day after surgery and feeling good. My stomach is tight and bloated from the air but that will go away. I was up walking yesterday and walked quit a bit today it helps with the gas.

I'm actually very scared as I walked past Cookies and chips and thought yum is like some. I'm terrified I'll accidentally pick something up and eat it without thinking

Two days later and nothing is staying down and I'm puking up blood. Hoping sips of Water stay down today.

Third day in home, they weaned me off the good pain killers :( I do have a little pump that is supposedly helping.

It is very uncomfortable my incisions on the left side are the worst. Dr. Said this was the camera site which is manipulated more and will be more sore i am also crazy bloated.

I'm now allowed the hydrocodone and just had my first dose definatly helps calm me down. We are supposed to try and get at least 1 Protein drink in today. It's hard to tell if I'm full or if it's pain from inscsions. I'm going to try to stick with 2tbs every 15 min which is what the dr and nurses suggested even gave me a ton of medicine cups.

Just wanted to share my after hope everyone is doing well- peace

I had mine on March 16th. 2 days in hospital now home for 2 days. I felt better in the hospital probably due to IV fluids but glad I'm home in my own bed. I am having a horrible time getting my Protein in because I HATE the Liquid Protein available to me now. I can't wait for stage 2 when I can have Protein Shakes. If feels weird not to feel hungry for the first time in my life. I am pushing the chicken broth, tea, and diet cranberry juice like crazy. I pour my minimum oz. for the day then I know what i have to get through to get my fluids in. The only advice I can give is keep on top of the pain meds, it allows you to move around like you should. I heard some people say they started exercise the day they came home from the hospital. God bless them. I don't think I can get off the couch for more than 10 mins without pain. I feel like I've been punched in the gut 20 times. But will admit everyday is a little easier. I am taking day by day. Wishing everyone the best in their journey

Today up walking for 15 mins at a time basically around the house. Took a shower that was awesome.

I vacuumed a bit wiped some dust off a few things and was licked!

I pretty much tried to rest and walk my 15 mins every other hour or so the rest of the day.

I'm extremely bloated and my left side is hurting. It's very frustrating that I'm so bloated it is hard to tell if I'm full or just hurting.

Does anyone know how long it takes for your belly to go down? I've gained 12 pounds from the hospital :(