Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else RNY-ing on March 17?

I think a surgery day (or week) buddy would be awesome. I was keeping my nerves under control until today. So many worries and even more hopes for a positive process. Would love to have a few people who are in the same wave of this transformation as me to share triumphs and struggles with.

I'm the 26th of March. Started my liquid diet today.

March 25th here...day 2 of pre-op.

Just a one day liquid pre-op and bowel prep that night for me. Trying to do high Protein low carb until then but do have brunch and supper planned for Sunday that are not either of those.

Hey I am scheduled for March 16th !! All sorts of emotions!! Wasn't nervous until tonight!! Starting to feel real since I will be on Clear Liquids tomorrow !!!

@@Shan5311 I hear you. My clear liquids start tomorrow. My daughter flew in last night to be with me. This morning she broke down because she's worried that I'll die during surgery. Breaks my heart to put her through this. And being a nurse I won't promise her that won't happen and I have to admit it's a risk, even if it's very unlikely. Wish I could just say it'll all be ok.

On a lighter (heavier) note we have a last meal and last dessert planned. I told her the slice of cake I want to buy is quite large. She suggested we share it. I laughed then giving her the stink eye said, "I'm not sharing my last dessert" Wow...last dessert. I'm going to enjoy it but have never been more ready for this.

I hope you are tolerating your liquid day and getting excited for tomorrow.

@@hoping I doubt that messed anything up. I honestly don't know how I'd feel about having to do 3 days to 2 weeks of liquids. Living 1000 miles from my daughter meant I wasn't going to see her until a few days before surgery and I wanted to have my last unhealthy meal with her, just realizing how terrible that sounds. Anyway it would have been a bummer not to be able to do that.

I'm in Colorado. I was a travel nurse in Norfolk in 2013. Enjoyed my time there but way way too humid for me.

Wishing you all speedy recoveries!

@@goodnuff we had our 'last meal' last night in ceremonial form lol lobster cakes and Creme Brûlée for dessert!! Was so delicious!! But I am so ready to never eat that again !! Clear liquids has been fine today, just notice that my energy level is much lower. Going to pack my bag today- including my leprechaun hat to wear on Tuesday! Have to keep one of my St Patty's traditions alive !! I also have a shamrock scrub hat from work but the other hat seems more fun!! Enjoy your evening and good luck tomorrow- you will do great !! chicken broth is saving my life today!

Good luck!!! Keep in touch !!! ????????????????????

Edited by Shan5311

@hoping- where in VA?

March 18th and freaking out!! We will all do fine it's normal to freak out I am sure.

@@Shan5311 I saw some four leaf clover buttons that said Lucky on then at Target. I almost bought them. Now I'm thinking I should have.

Had a nice meal then came home and drank a cup of Smooth Move tea to give my steak and cake a little nudge. I'm not looking forward to drinking a bottle of Mag Citrate tomorrow night.

Good luck today. Please keep in touch.

Ok surgery done- day 1 post-op!! Worse thing was waking up in Recovery Room feeling really nauseous !! Thank goodness that only lasted about 30 min. The worse part since the surgery was my incredibly dry mouth!!! How I would kill for a gallon of Water right now!! Lol pain isn't bad at all- they have me on a PCA pump for pain . Was up walking last night and will be again today !!! You will do great !!! ????????

I just had mine yesterday 3/16/15. I'm still in the hospital. The only complaint I have is the discomfort in my gut. Md said its from the air they pump you up with in order to get to the organs. My pain has fluctuated between 5-7.

I was super anxious about the surgery but someone I know once said. "I've lost 100 lbs a 100 times. It's one of the hardest thing they ever had to but it was worth it...so hang in there