Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why I am in love with my Lap-Band

The Professor, you are awesome; your posts are inspiring. Your last post was on my 4 year bandiversary but I haven't done as well as you. I lost my focus after two (successful) back surgeries but I am currently on Day 4 of the 5 day band test. My weight has started back in the right direction and I feel motivated to keep it up! It doesn't hurt that the local pool has opened either. I was 285 on the day of my surgery, was 220 after the second back surgery and was back up to 255. This morning I was 248! Here we go!

@@Daddyof4 Hello and thank you for your kindness! :-)

Looks to me like you are doing FANTASTIC! Try not to compare yourself to others progress on the board (ha - I know, its hard not to) as everyone loses at different rates and in different ways. 37 pounds gone forever! Way to go!

Funny - your post is timely in terms of being reassuring, as my band and I have been fighting since yesterday. Went out to a gorgeous dinner last night at a favourite Bistro with our daughter, had a beautifully prepared, tender rib-eye with pomme frites and asparagus. Within ten minutes, I was in the washroom whoopsing it up. MY FAULT (partially) as I had eaten the Protein far too quickly, and not chewed near well enough. I also indulged in another personal no-no - a FRENCH FRY. (Cue tragic music). Haven't had a starch like that in months, decided to treat myself. The paste got stuck and caused the vomiting episode.

SO! Lesson learned, and this morning my tummy is tender and I have no appetite. Sigh.

At least there is coffee. :)

Keep us all posted on your progress, Daddyof4! Cheering you on!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches