Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 16th Surgery Date

Hi all. I am new to this page. My Sleeve Surgery is scheduled for Monday, Feb 16. I am a 34 year old stay at home mom of 2 boys age 10 and 4. I have put myself in the back burner for far to long. I weight 250 lbs, have high blood pressure and tired all the time. I am excited to get healthy but I am nervous to say good bye to what has been my best friend for 14 years, food!!! I am currently on day 6 of my 7 day liquid diet.

Good luck! I have a similiar story, mom of 2 boys 15, and 13 and girl 7. Also put myself on backburner. Can't wait to be healthier and more active with the kids. Live near Orlando Florida and have avoided a lot of things like Water parks and roller coasters for so long because of my weight that the excitment of future weight loss success with my new sleeve is all I think about! A bit of advice this first week of recovery has been so much easier because my hubby has been cooking/shopping and feeding the kids, it is taking some getting use to being around the food while on the liquid diet. If thats not an option consider doing some bulk shopping and cooking/freezing for them in advance so you don't have to right away.

Good luck and welcome to the site!

Good to know!! Thank you! My hubby is off the week of my surgery so I am sure I won't be cooking. Did you have a lot of sickness after surgery? When was your surgery date?

My husband just had his sleeve done on Feb 11. He has had no nausea at all. All things are going down well. He went home as scheduled on Friday. He did go home with a drain that the doctor will remove in the office on Monday. He's a little sore but feels good and has absolutely no hunger!! I hope I do as well as him on the 25th!! Have a great day!

@@Newlife@55 Glad to hear your husband is doing well. Good luck to you on your surgery later this month!

My surgery was 2/4. I had mostly back pain I think it was a combination of being on the operating table and gas pains. The pain meds really helped and I couldn't sleep in a bed for about a week. Felt more comfortable reclined. The pain got better and better with every nap so be prepared to relax and take it easy for the first week. I was lucky enough not to have any nausea and didn't feel any hunger for the first week either. You will have moments of regret and wishing you could just eat what your family is but it passes. What helps me is looking up some great healthy recipes (although still on liquid diet) it helps to realize that although you won't eat like you use to the meals you will have look really delicious. Another motivater when your feeling blue post surgery is looking at before and after pics that really helps me focus again on why I am doing what I'm doing.

So glad to hear your hubby is doing well. It's good for me to read all these good stories as I am in the hospital waiting for surgery this morning. Thanks so much for the advice also.