Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SURGERY 9 FEBRUARY 2015

Hey 9 Febbers, I am feeling great. Actually, I too am concerned because I don't feel hungry but also don't feel full. I haven't gotten on scale yet. Only took pain pump a couple of times. Take care update soon.

Hi all. Seven days out and I'm feeling great!

I'm tired, but I'm starting to get the hang (kind of) of hunger and fullness. I would love to go out walking, but I'm afraid of getting away from home and being too weak to make it back, so I spend a lot of time pacing the house. I haven't had problems with drinking anything, but find that certain smells make me very nauseous. Absolutely no regrets!

Hope all of you are feeling the same!

Hi all. Seven days out and I'm feeling great!

I'm tired, but I'm starting to get the hang (kind of) of hunger and fullness. I would love to go out walking, but I'm afraid of getting away from home and being too weak to make it back, so I spend a lot of time pacing the house. I haven't had problems with drinking anything, but find that certain smells make me very nauseous. Absolutely no regrets!

Hope all of you are feeling the same!

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling great! Physically I feel good too. But I'm at the point right now where I have SOME regret. My family is visiting from out of town for the weekend and twice I had to avoid joining them for meals out because I can't eat. I just left a gathering because everyone was having Chinese food and the smell was making me wish I was eating it too. I know that eventually I won't regret it, especially when I get to the point of being able to eat again. But this part is super hard.

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling great! Physically I feel good too. But I'm at the point right now where I have SOME regret. My family is visiting from out of town for the weekend and twice I had to avoid joining them for meals out because I can't eat. I just left a gathering because everyone was having Chinese food and the smell was making me wish I was eating it too. I know that eventually I won't regret it, especially when I get to the point of being able to eat again. But this part is super hard.

I don't have regrets, but I have had some temptation. Being Valentine's Day yesterday, my son's girlfriend came over and made the most delicious smelling dinner for the family. Then my daughter made brownies. Then this morning they made pancakes. I say tempted, but not really because I know it would be completely stupid to have solids at this point, but the delicious smells were tantalizing. It was good practice for me to sit with them and eat my lime Jello, focusing on conversation and not food. I know it will get harder when I move to solids, so I want to figure out some strategies for making healthy choices.

Just know that there are lots of us taking this journey with you and we are here when the rest of the world doesn't understand what you are going through!

Hope you enjoyed the time with your family and that the coming week will offer less temptation!

@@whirlwen thanks so much for the encouragement! I admire your strength being able to sit there and watch others enjoying a meal that you couldn't partake in yourself. I just wasn't ready for that. I've had such a long relationship with food that this is starting to feel like an ugly divorce.

I have been talking to a friend of mine who was sleeved in September and she told me that, to Celebrate being released to real foods, she gave herself a little party for one. She made a plate of sample sized tastings of some of her favorites. And afterward she was both full and satisfied. I just may do that when I get to five weeks out.

@@GeminiSleever I would like to say it was strength, but really, I just knew what damage I could do if I tried to eat any solids at this point. I am TERRIFIED of the temptations that await me when I am on solids and don't have the medical restrictions I have right now. food has filled so many holes in my life, so I totally understand what you are saying. It is like we are in mourning for a dear friend. I love the idea of having a small bite of favorites when the need arises. I truly think that may help keep the cravings from leading to an all-out binge. Stay strong! You can do this!

Thanks @whirlwhen! It is the fear of causing physical harm to myself that has kept me from breaking the diet. If I can get through the next four days, I'm home free to the mushy foods phase. I'm actually looking forward to dining on cottage cheese and apple sauce. It was a frequent Breakfast even pre-sleeve.

Hope all feb 9thers are healing well and quickly. I am on day 6 of mushies and food has never tasted so good! I'm down 22 lbs since my 1 day pre-op diet and am pretty darn excited with that. I'm exercising 30-45 minutes a day and outside of a lot of tiredness, am feeling great.

Please post and update on how things are going for all of you!

GeminiSleever and whirlwen, how are vou ladies? Doing ok. Already hit a stall. Down about 15 1/2. I can eat anything. Frustrating. Woke up today feeling a bit down. Don't know why. I started eating too much. Not bad foods but still. cheese sticks and yogurt.

GeminiSleever and whirlwen, how are vou ladies? Doing ok. Already hit a stall. Down about 15 1/2. I can eat anything. Frustrating. Woke up today feeling a bit down. Don't know why. I started eating too much. Not bad foods but still. cheese sticks and yogurt.

Right now foods like that will be easier to get down. I've hit two stalls already but then pinpointed it down to not getting in enough Protein.

Once I did that my weight starting moving again. I find myself asking if I ate too much not realizing that some foods will just go down quicker or get me fuller faster than others.

It's definitely a learning experience!

Good luck and we wls peeps on this site will stick together and beat all our stalls!

*I say this and realize I'm probably the most impatient person ever when I hit a stall, lol.*

Fit4life123, you are right, we will stick together. I did break the stall and dropped nearly 4 lbs. we can keep us accountable. Are you a part of the Easter Challenge?