Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters June Challenge

Hi... I just wanted to say everyone is going really great with their workouts and weight loss it's good to see, this tread has helped me stay motivated. I got up at 5am this morning to do my workout on the treadmill which went well untill I got to the 55 minute mark when it started to slow down on it's own and started to smell like something was burning:confused: so that's great just when I was really getting into working out now I will have to wait untill the weekend when my dad can have a look at it. So I guess I will have to find another way to workout It's winter here in Australia so can't walk outside as It has been raining for the last 2 weeks. So I guess I will be doing workout video's or riding my stationery bike that gives me a sore butt. As for periods I'm on the Depo Provera Injection so I don't get any periods.:scalesno:

Babygrl -- 16?!? :wow2: I haven't been a size 16 since college! Great job! And I guess you could be accountable to us for your poundage, just so long as I don't have to be accountable to anybody but ME for mine! :biggrin1: Or maybe suggest a poundage challenge separate from the exercise one back on the main Feb'07 thread & see if you get any takers...? Not that I'm wanting to chase you away from HERE for we all know I need all the motivation I can get to workout! :lol: But maybe some people aren't ready to exercise yet & are focusing on numbers... (Oh, and met...ya gotta taper on to the met!! It works, but it'll getcha if you're not careful!!)

Magii -- keep it up! Don't let the weather hold you back! You're doing great!:high5:

Skinnyjeans -- congrats on the restriction! :clap2: I'm at the same point where (3 times so far) I'll get stuck & slimy if I'm not careful, but not actually PB. It's not pleasant, but I'm happy not to puke! :lol: I have not plateaued to my knowledge, though I won't weigh-in again until Thursday. My hair is coming out like mad!!!! Good thing I started out with a lot because this is insane hair-loss! Don't worry about the pounds -- you're on the right track with your band, and it's 18-months to 2 years that we're supposed to think of the weight loss...devide your excess weight by 18 months & look at how far you've come by percentage not by pounds!

Wallygirl -- are you back with us? My connection problems have vanished, so hopefully yours have, too. You're over the 50 hump, too -- look at us go, go, go!!

TravelGirl -- isn't it crazy to be thinking in 2 lb increments?!? I mean, I was given the range of 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 lbs a week as the target weight loss... I can't get over that I'm actually living up to that goal! Who'd have thunk it? But I must say -- 40% is GREAT! It makes my 25% look pretty measly! :scalesno:

Do y'all still refer to/think of yourself as a person of a higher weight? I'm always saying/thinking 300 lbs, but it's 270 now!! (And how sad that the 300 was rounding down from my real weight of 320...talk about your denial.) When will my head catch up with my body?!? And when, if ever, will my skin catch up with my bodymass?!? :scales:

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

12 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Skin sucks.

I am finally starting to see a difference in how I look. I know on another thread we were talking about how when you see yourself in the mirror you are not always seeing yourself as you actually look but sort of as you want to see yourself. Kid of like a defense mechanism to keep yourself from realizing how fat you really are. I always looked in the mirror and thought I was big but never saw myself at 278. It would confuse me once I saw pictures of myself and I could not figure out why the pictures were so much bigger than the reflection in the mirror. SO for the longest time I did not notice any difference in the mirror but I did notice a difference in pictures. Now the mirror image is starting to shrink. Clear as mud?

I hate the whole 1.5 to 2.5 pounds per week thing. I am so darn impatient. I know in a year it will be a lot of weight but dang can't a year have gone by already?

Babygrl, I totally know what you mean about the mirror vs. pictures thing. I'd see myself without really SEEING myself in the mirror, and then be mortified by a picture, and think, my God. Is that what everyone else sees when they look at me? And I'd want to cry.

I hate being fat and ugly. (Ok, I know I'm not UGLY, but being fat makes me FEEL ugly.)

Well can I just start off by thanking the Gods that when my surgeon came up behind me in the cafeteria today that I had only a sugar free Jello on my tray lol. Not that I eat badly but it sure made me look good.

I rode hubby's bike into work today. Seeing as mine is still broken I did not really have much of a choice. I managed to get there in just under 1 hour. So yeah go me at 11mph on the bike. I was pretty proud, that is my best time yet.

How was everyone else's day?

I was afraid you'd ask.....I just got back from a bike ride, and AGAIN, I ended up with a stitch in my side, and I wasn't even 10 minutes out. WTF? I'm riding the same route I've been riding, and I don't know what the deal is, the last couple of times I've been riding, I've gotten this stitch. OUCH!!!

I did get in some walking today, so I think I'll hop on the treadmill for a bit to get at least 30 minutes for today.

Way to go on the sugar free jello! LOL! I have been awful, I even had some Ben & Jerry's.....gotta quit that immediately. I'm up 2 lbs from where I was.... :rolleyes:

I'd been on an every day roll, but didn't get in my workout today...am heading to bed now, in a food coma! DH brought home (and we split) a slice of lemon cake. :hungry: Yum-o! And there was a B&R log-roll on Father's Day from which I had a slice, but only ate the ice cream (compromises)... It's been a bad week for Desserts here! And our local support group meets tomorrow, so I'll be weighing in (unofficially) at my WLS clinic again in the afternoon!!! The home scale had gone down from the 270, but is at 271 tonight... :) Maybe I WON'T weigh-in before going to Group! :heh: Just wanted to add my confession before shutting down for the night.

Oh no...more singing! :note2:Tomorrow's gonna be another daa-aa-aay, hey, hey, hey, hey! :note2: Can't blame that one on the kids -- The Monkees are completely my own fault! :rolleyes:

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

12 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

:) I was at 236 this morning. Another pound gained. DAMMIT!

I did get in 45 minutes of exercise yesterday, after about a week of 15 to 30 minutes a day.... I need to re-focus my attention on drinking my Water and getting in adequate Protein. Buckle down and start following the "rules" again. I've been SO bad for the last couple of weeks. And I refuse to blame it on my dad's death or any of the aftermath of that, because that's a flimsy excuse at BEST.

C'mon, be tough on me. Remind me of what I need to be doing, and hold me to it.... This sucks, I should be wearing my size 18's by now, and be happily into the 220's....

Okay you want some tough love I will give it to you.

Just do it all ready. You know what you have to do. Stop the cheating and stop the whining. Get up 30 minutes early and walk. Make a Protein Shake to drink while you walk. You were blessed with this amazing tool for weight loss that others would kill to have, so now you need to buck up and use it. Do you realize that you are only 37 pounds away from weighing 199? DO you know how much closer that is than weighing 285? Do you actually want this or not? You have the tool now stop half assing it!

Okay can I stop now? I really don't like doing the mean thing. Travel girl you can do this, you have done it this far. You are doing a great job. You need to figure out what part of the day is the hardest for you and find something to do other than eat. Girl you have come so far and you don't want to do this to yourself now.

Thanks, I needed that. You said just what I needed to hear. I just need to keep reminding myself WHY I did this, and stop buying the junk.... I think that's most of my problem, I'm eating around the band, not letting it do it's job by doing mine.

I have reached the point where I have to really be attentive to what I put in my mouth to see the scale move. I don't necessarily mind the 2 lb week goal, as I do better with food right now than exercise. I definitely see the point of others that our workout goals depend on our ability to drive ourselves to complete. My Dr. said the same weight loss for me 1 1/2 to 2 pounds but I find it harder now to loose that. I have to stick real close to 800 cal a day. Maybe this can be added. Instead of a # goal have food goals. I don't know maybe I'm just complicating things more. I really did like the Water goal though because it helped me to try harder

Great job Babygrl on those size 16. You're athletic abilities are amazing. YOu have a drive unlike others and help to inspire us. Periods-I'm on the pill and have regular periods. I'm always been 28 days clockwork.

Travelgrl-keep on trucking, you can do it, babygirl is right. what an awesome tool we have. I saw the scale go up 2 lbs too for a week. I went back to journaling my food and noticed eating way too many cal. After making some adjustments I'm down 1lb. We'll all get to our goals.

Question-Do any of you have pain in your port if you eat too much?

Skinnyjeans, port pain if you eat too much....funny you should mention it, YES, sometimes if I eat too much, my port area hurts! What gives? I thought I was nuts, and that there was no way that was really what I thought it was.... LOL! Honestly, I thought I was going out of my mind.

I went on a nice long bike ride with hubby tonight. We took our time, and just rode around town. The only bad thing was, we waited until after dark to go because of the heat, and I ended up getting bugs in my eyes, up my nose, and in my mouth. ICK!

I want a bodybugg or an actitrainer SO bad I can taste it. I'd love to be able to see exactly how many calories I'm expending, compared to how many calories I'm consuming. I think I'm leaning toward the actitrainer because it's cheaper than the bodybugg, for one, and for another, the actitrainer has a sleep monitor, you wear it at night, and it tells you how well you're sleeping, how many times you awaken, and how long it takes you to get back to sleep, and what quality of sleep you're getting. That would be very interesting, I think. I'm just afraid of buying something like that, spending that kind of money on it, being obsessed with it for awhile, and then burning out, and quit wearing/using it, and the money is wasted. *sigh* What do you think? Anybody have any opinions on this?