Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to pass the time?

My surgery is scheduled March 7th and I have become completely obsessed with thinking about the sleeve, researching the sleeve, digging through boards and blogs. It's like work, SLEEVE, school, SLEEVE, gym, SLEEVE, sleep, SLEEVE SLEEVE SLEEVE! I am so ready to begin this process that I started my pre-op diet early because I couldn't wait. Heaven help me I am obsessed.

You are obsessed! But I am too! I am being sleeved on 3/20/15. Luckily I have so much going on before then, that I can't believe that one month from today I start my pre-op diet! I am moving at the end of this month, so that will keep me busy for awhile! :)

Good Luck!

I was the exact same way pre-op. I think it's completely normal. I have been much less obsessed post-op. I even went multiple days at a time without visiting these forums!

Obsessing about such a big part of your life may not be bad. I've been pretty obsessive about my program, and I'm thrilled with the results so far! Try to focus a lot of your thoughts on making good choices, and following your doctor's program to a tee. Also, realize that you have 6-9 months to get your head in the right place to manage the rest of your life. Understand that this journey won't be easy, but if you put in the effort and dedication, you will be well rewarded. Good luck to you both!!!!

GingerLeAnna ???????????? Mine is on the 19th and Ive been so busy prepping my job for my absence afyer surgery, that it did not hit me until yesterday that my day is coming soon! ???? Anxiety is kicking in girllll..lol

You could start using Instagram or a blog to chronicle your journey. There are a lot of VSG folks on instagram, look for the #visginstacrew tag.

It's hard not to be obsessed with something that is going to change your life so drastically. I don't think you can be too prepared for this!

I would really suggest that you take this time to learn about all the different things that people experience both pre and post op. You really don't know what your experience will be like until you actually transition to the other side, but at least you will know some of things that others have experienced so if something along those lines happens to you, you won't totally freak out thinking something is wrong. You'll at least know that others have experienced the same thing and its not just you.

I'm getting antsy, & I'm not even close to getting my surgery date. I have four more Dr. supervised visits. My psych evaluation is a week from this Tuesday, & a f/u psych appt. two weeks after that. I've been cleared for surgery by my cardiologist, so hopefully the rest of my appointments go fast! I'm hoping for a May surgery date!

I've been doing a lot of research about which Protein drinks to try. Looking at nutritional value, reading reviews, & ordering samples to try pre-op (primarily when I start my pre-op diet).

I'm learning so much from this forum, everyone is so friendly, & have been great with offering advice! I'm glad I found you, and know I'm not going through this alone!

Good luck GingerLeAnna!

Edited by mclorrie

I'm super excited as well. I'm scheduled March 5th and counting down the days! My friend just had the sleeve done 3 weeks ago and seeing her progress is amazing! Good luck to all!