Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

husband sleeved in Sept - I get mine in March -- Any other couples out there who both had it done?

My husband was sleeved on Sept 30th and he is doing great! Down a total of 55 lbs! I have been so proud of him. I have mine scheduled for March 11 and I am getting so excited! Just curious if there is any other couples out there who have both had it done? Oh we also have 3 kids!

Just to save typing, I'm copying and pasting my answer from another thread a few days ago. :)

My husband and I had sleeve surgery the same day. I was first, he was second. I woke up in the recovery room right around the time they wheeled him into the recovery room and put him right next to me. I stayed there for a few minutes until he woke up and then they had me get up and walk to my room. I was in my room for about 15 minutes when they had him get up and walk to his room, which was right next door to mine. I got up and walked into his room and we stayed together the rest of the day, getting up and walking together, trying different juices, everything was together. We left the hospital about 8 hours after surgery and a friend drove us home. We recovered side by side and have been each others partner through the whole process.

As of today, 4.5 months later, we've stayed within a few pounds of each other as far as amount lost. I'm at 85 pounds and he's at 81. I am so happy we did this and that we did it together. It's definitely been a challenge, but having him right there with me has been a major blessing.

That is awesome that you were able to have it done on the same day! My husband had to be in hospital for 2 nights so I assume I will have to be in there two days too! I am really looking forward to do this with him. He has done great so far! 4 months yesterday and he is down 55ish! :)

@@newtree, not necessarily. He may have been in the hospital for 2 nights because he wasn't able to get as much liquid in as he needed to. So, you might be in the hospital for one night.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches