Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

The death penalty is not for ALL prisoners. Only those who bring about death.

Then you would support the death penalty for Scott Roeder, the man who (premeditatively) shot and killed that doctor who performed abortions.

That would only make sense...taking a life is never ok after all...

The death penalty is not for ALL prisoners. Only those who bring about death.

Then you would support the death penalty for Scott Roeder, the man who (premeditatively) shot and killed that doctor who performed abortions.

Yes, I would. I do not support his actions. He had no right to kill another person. The doctor had no right to kill an unborn baby either, IMO, except in this country, it is lawful.

And abortion is going to saty lawful because the people want it that way. Oh, except people like you who are in the minority, thank the Lord.

Good to know patty. You support the death penalty for Mr. Roeder because he killed a man who does abortions, which you say kills innocent babies. Where does it all end?

The bottom line for you is, killing is okay in some circumstances (that you've decided God will condone) but it is punishable by death in others.

Patty, please explain something to me. I am not understanding...

God says in the Ten Commandments "Thou shall not kill". How in the world is the death penalty not against what God says? The death penalty is killing someone. Yes, I understand that the person murdered someone too, but it doesn't mean that person should be murdered as well. And yes, I think it's murder because the executioner is taking someone else's life.

And abortion is going to saty lawful because the people want it that way. Oh, except people like you who are in the minority, thank the Lord.

Hey. I must accept the laws as they are. I don't agree with them, or like them, but I am also not going to be held responsible for the many deaths that are allowed to take place because of them. All those who support the abortion choice will have the blood of ALL the babies whose lives have been cut short on their hands when they stand before their maker one day. I will be exempt from that. Thank God.

Good to know patty. You support the death penalty for Mr. Roeder because he killed a man who does abortions, which you say kills innocent babies. Where does it all end?

The bottom line for you is, killing is okay in some circumstances (that you've decided God will condone) but it is punishable by death in others.

I support the death penalty for murderers. YES! But I do not support killing innocent people. God has allowed mankind to set up authorities who will judge the actions of others and meet out theeir just punishments.

Patty, please explain something to me. I am not understanding...

God says in the Ten Commandments "Thou shall not kill". How in the world is the death penalty not against what God says? The death penalty is killing someone. Yes, I understand that the person murdered someone too, but it doesn't mean that person should be murdered as well. And yes, I think it's murder because the executioner is taking someone else's life.

There are two different Hebrew words (ratsakh, mut) and two Greek words (phoneuo, apokteino) for “murder / killing”. One means “to put to death,” and the other means “to murder.” The latter one is the one prohibited by the Ten Commandments, not the former. In fact, ratsakh has a broader definition than the English word “murder.” Ratsakh also covers deaths due to carelessness or neglect but is never used when describing the killing during wartime. That is why most modern translations render the sixth commandment “You shall not murder” rather than “You shall not kill.”

Murder is the taking of a life unlawfully. When God allows mankind to meet out justice as he deems fit, it is not unlawful to kill.

Back to the discussion about translating the Bible, eh?

All men are sinners. How can sinners set themselves up to the judge of whether a person should be put to death?

We are all aware that there have been many times in our history where we killed someone with the death penalty and learned later that they had been falsely accused. How can that ever be forgiven or condoned? I don't think it can be condoned by God. I think that those who sentence a person to death and carry out that sentence will be be judged by God and will have much to answer for.

What about all those who were murdered in the inquisition by the "holy" men of the church? Do they have blood on their hands? For surely they believed they were doing God's work and driving out the devil. They could quote every passage in the bible, too.

What about all those who were murdered in the inquisition by the "holy" men of the church? Do they have blood on their hands? For surely they believed they were doing God's work and driving out the devil. They could quote every passage in the bible, too.

Yes, they will have the blood of those who were murdered on their hands.

Back to the discussion about translating the Bible, eh?

All men are sinners. How can sinners set themselves up to the judge of whether a person should be put to death?

God sets up judges for mankind. The verdict of any murder lies with the jury who decides the guilt or innocence beyond the shadow of a doubt. The judge passes the sentence in accordance with the law. Now if it was in accordance with God's law, then it would be the death sentence.

We are all aware that there have been many times in our history where we killed someone with the death penalty and learned later that they had been falsely accused. How can that ever be forgiven or condoned?

I'm sure this has happpened, and it is unfortunate. But it should not stop the death penalty from being upheld. There are many murderers who outright confess that they did indeed do the murders. They definitely should be put to death. Also, those who have been proven to be guilty and those who commit multiple murders.

I don't think it can be condoned by God. I think that those who sentence a person to death and carry out that sentence will be be judged by God and will have much to answer for.

God is the one who made the law. If he made the law, then he will not be angry with those who uphold it.

Patty,

I'm sure you will always be pro-life and I will always be pro-choice. I do not think I am taking this off topic because it has been mentioned many times here.

I just want to give you props for all of your efforts in foster care and adoption. :unsure: I believe you have been a postive part in many children's lives. I think it is great that there are people like you who offer these kids love, family and a solid foundation that they may not have had without you. ;)