Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

I hear ya :confused: lol

OMG That makes me so excited!!! lol. I still haven't gotten the courage to put on a bathing suit without a shirt and shorts over it lol

Kinda glad this thread slowed down a bit. Between this one and the Morality thread I was getting exhausted.

BTW, I haven’t tried a bikini ON either:lol:, but I did put on some size 36 pants this week and they fit pretty well. At this rate I think I will be in size 34 well before summer ends. Are you freaking kidding me? I haven’t seen size 34 since about 1990:thumbup:.

I'd like to see you in a bikini, Kartman. Whoo hoo, cheap thrills!

Seriously you peeps are doing great! I remember when I went from a size "Omar the tentmaker" to a normal ladies 14. Now I'm wanting to get into a petite size 14. You all keep up the good work!!!

bjean

That's great! I haven't been in onederland in about 9 years! I can actually wear some clothes that aren't plus size! We have a Fashion Bug here that only sells plus sizes. I used to shop there all the time, but I am happy to report that I can no longer wear their smallest size!

Isn't that the best feeling?! My DH keeps telling me that I'm wearing sizes that are too big for me. I'm so used to wearing tents that cover everything, I'm uncomfortable with clothes that actually fit. Maybe when I lose 20 or so more lbs, I'll get over that.

I was a size 24-26 and now I am a loose size 16! I still shop at Torrid and Lane Bryant though lol...maybe someday...haha

Isn't that the best feeling?! My DH keeps telling me that I'm wearing sizes that are too big for me. I'm so used to wearing tents that cover everything, I'm uncomfortable with clothes that actually fit. Maybe when I lose 20 or so more lbs, I'll get over that.

Yea, I know what you mean. It took me a while to buy some smaller clothes. I have been selling the ones that don't fit on ebay. They are selling really well.

Wonder when the resident "expert" on the anti-choice movement will return? I'm sure she will bring new and even more disgusting propaganda to post. It's eerily quiet and pleasant here. And I'm not referring to the religious expert, you know.

I know...I've been wondering where Gadget went off to...lol

I have spent many hours pouring over posts on this thread, and have been creepered out by PGreen. There was a time where I thought as Patty does, and even gave my college speech class final on abortion, gorey pictures plastered on posterboard and all....My thoughts, beliefs, perceptions, and purposes have changed dramatically since then, for many different reasons (hopefully I can get into that on a later post). Because my former evangelical belief system had me once on the same train Patty now rides, I have found her posts disturbing. What disturbs me most is that there was a time when my attitude mirrored hers, and it is the epitome of being UN Christlike (the "goal" for any born again) ~

Patty, if you are lurking, I want to say that a prized character trait for anyone on this earth to cherish is their own humility. Ya know, by the grace of God, there go I? It really is grievious to read your posts, which on most matters, especially abortion, show the exact opposite of a humble spirit. It's gunna be hard work for any entity, dare I say God, to bring your spirit to a place of brokenness and humility.

The higher and more uppity one stands, the harder they fall.

This thread really is a thinker. Abortion is a pretty intense subject and I have enjoyed getting to read so many points of view.

I have more thoughts on all of this, but it is late. In reading (or ducking so I wouldn't be slapped through the computer) the saddest part is, Patty seems to be missing out on one of humanity's greatest callings ~ loving each other. What I am seeing regarding her abortion stance, is no where near coming from the spirit of love or peace, something she well knows is tatemount (ok, the spellcheck isn't working here ~please don't cringe to death if I missed a few!) to her faith.

gadget seems to travel sometimes but she always comes back - with a vengance.

want2beme: Thanks for your post. I agree with you about the humility thing and the value of loving each other.

And I also agree that this is a very thought provolking thread. However, there has never been a time that the anti-choice folks have made a convincing argument that we should force women to leave the decision about abortion up to the government rather than to the women involved.

"Here's the issue at hand. In surveys of the American public, when the question "Do you believe abortion takes the life of a human being" (or similar wording) is asked, the results are usually between 70% and 80% that it does. Then, in the follow up question "Do you believe women should have the right to choose abortion?" (or similar wording), the results usually come in around 50%.

So where's the disconnect? What's going on with the 20-30% of the public who believe abortion takes a human life AND simultaneously believe it should still be legal? How does a society come to the conclusion that the taking of an innocent human life is acceptable?"

Problem is most people really don't think of it as a living human or murder. It's a part of their body just like a liver, tumor, and until it moves, the reality is it's just not real. Thus most don't think" I need to murder this." Thinking in terms of murder, that is. That is why when the anti choice people say "you are murdering a child" there is a disconnect.