Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

patty, I have a suggestion. I noticed that you have started a thread with a topic of religion. It is flourishing. Why don't you keep your sermons for that thread? Then when any of us get a fond yearning to read a patty sermon, or even to argue against its' merits, we can go there and get a good dose of it. As it is, you seem to be polluting every thread on rants and raves.

If you feel that I am polluting 'every' thread when I post, why don't you put me on ignore. Then you won't even 'see' my posts and get the urge to respond to them. In fact, I only post regularly on '3' threads on the rants and raves area. Not 'every' thread. How would you feel if someone told you that you were polluting 'every' thread you posted on? You may not agree with me on what I have to say, but I have every right to say it as you do to say what you like. If you feel the way you do, then I will leave this thread, and you and rodriguezequal can discuss among yourselves how wonderful it is for a woman to 'choose' to allow her baby to live or not, and how you have that right simply because every person decides for themselves what is right and wrong in their own eyes and doesn't need a God to set the standard for them. I'll await your decision.

You have to admit that in the 17 and 1800's there was FAR less crime than there is today.

Uh, no. I wouldn't have to admit that. There certainly was crime, was it less or more - I'm not sure but I am certain it was not "FAR less". The Wild West was in the 1800's and we know that crime was rampant then (and they used the death penalty without much hesitation). The days of the pirates would have been in the 1700's and we know the high seas were very unsavory, and again the death penalty was in play, didn’t seem to make a difference.

AIDS? Are you serious? AIDS , IMO, is something that mankind has brought upon himself. AIDS is a consequence or result of mans sinful acts of homosexuality. If people would live as God deemed right, we wouldn't even have that disease. Men and women who don't have sex until they are married and then keep to only their spouse has no fear of contracting AIDS, and if they do get it, it was brought to them by someone elses wrong doing accidentally. (The sins of others also effect everyone around them) Because of the sin of some, even poor babies are born because their moms had the Virus, and people were innocently infected with the disease thru needles.

God's blessings include: an abundance of food, a great military, his protections, peace, You don't see any war on our land, do ya? (If you say yes with 9/11, that's because of his starting to remove his blessings). Americas blessings are too numerous to count compared to other nations or lands. Is all you can see misery?

OMG that is all I can say! AIDS is NOT caused by being gay! Are you serious!!! AIDS is contracted by more than just sex. Also where is the peace at? Yeah 9-11, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Genocides, The Iraq War...come on! I feel dumber having read that post!

OMG that is all I can say! AIDS is NOT caused by being gay! Are you serious!!! AIDS is contracted by more than just sex. Also where is the peace at? Yeah 9-11, WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Genocides, The Iraq War...come on! I feel dumber having read that post!

When AIDS first came out, it was a predominately homosexual disease. It then spread to women from men who were infected who in turn spread it to children as they gave birth. It was then able to be spread from infected people using needles and sharing them, or medical facilities that didn't clean thier needles. All in all, if the homosexuals didn't commit such an atrocious sin as having sex men with men, that disease would not be around.

Aside from 9/11 and the Pearl Harbor one day events, those other wars you mentioned were not fought on American soil. I was talking about war in this country.

Where's the peace? You receive it when you become a believer in Christ.

Hmmm none of these doctors or journalists agree with you!!! So you as a believer in christ have complete peace in everything? sure

When Did AIDS Begin? - The Body

HIV Guide:: how did AIDS start?

When did aids start and who was the first person to have aids??

The History of AIDS

I already know the history of how AIDS began. But, After it began, it was a predominantly (mostly) homosexual disease, until it spread.

Is AIDS a Curse from God?"

Before we can answer that question, we need to first establish what is meant by a curse. A curse, in the biblical sense, is not something evil that is simply put upon a person without a reason, nor is it irreversible. God does not go around cursing people with disease. Rather, a curse comes as a direct consequence of man's actions.

The Bible tells us that God "turns people over" to their own sin, allowing the natural consequences of their sin to take effect. In other words, if a man deliberately continues to break the law of God, God does not stop him - He allows him to go ahead and suffer the effects of that sin. God is not going around vindictively cursing people with AIDS. This deadly virus is a direct consequence of immoral behavior which is now taking its toll on the general population. This is why God warns us to stay away from sin: because it kills. God's moral law was not given to take away our happiness; it was given to protect us from our own destructive passions and sinful practices.

Okay you know what this is not the place for this...I do not believe in you god and I do not like the religious diarrhea that always seems to be flowing nonstop from your holy mouth!

patty on a different thread a while back, the discussion kept getting off the main topic of the thread. A regular poster, I believe it was plain, shut that thread down and opened another thread addressing the discussion that was inappropriately dominating the earlier one.

I figured we shouldn't go that route here and that maybe you would just voluntarily take your religion discussion to the thread that you started (or is it threads?) on religion.

I have never blocked anyone and don't intend to start now. I haven't said that you can't post anything you want to post. I merely made a courteous suggestion, hoping that you would understand why I suggested it and that you would respond by politely moving your rants about religion to the religion threads. Obviously you are having a field day and you probably think that you are winning souls over to Christ. Do you think that? Or are you just getting a thrill over the constant rebuttals that you get from all sides?

As for me, you asked a question of me and the answer is:

I do feel the way I do.

I agree...there is a place for a religious discussion and this isn't it

Regarding the AIDS virus as a homosexual disease:

"Your source is either a complete moron or is having a little fun with you because he believes YOU are a complete moron. I'll leave it to you to decide which. HIV entered the human population sometime during the early part of the 20th century in sub-Saharan Africa as a result of inadvertent transmission to humans of viruses that were already present in monkeys, probably as a result of blood exposure through hunting and butchering." Joel M. Gallant, M.D.

There was an unbelievable amount of incorrect information that was passed around by the media that originated from various sources, including misinformation and conjecture put forth by our own medical profession.

That information included the assumption that you are making, patty, that gay people started the virus and spread it. The fact is that it is a blood borne disease. Anytime there is blood transmission from infected monkeys or humans to others, there is an opportunity for the infection to be spread. Sex never has to be involved at all.

There is evidence that intravenous drug users were the true culprits in the early spread of the disease. I have a friend who was a nurse who accidentally pricked her skin with a needle that she had used to draw blood from an infected child. Although she was treated immediately and monitored by the staff in her hospital, she contracted HIV from that exposure.

To call AIDS a curse is utterly ignorant and typical of the garbage that some extremists use to fan the flames of intolerance and bigotry. The fact that you have bought into that and have actually posted it on a public website, reveals so much about who you are, patty.

Edited by BJean

Yes ma'am!!!

I didn't call AIDS a curse. Please reread my post. I already stated that I know full well how AIDS got started. So, your repeating the info wasn't necessary. What I said was....After it began, it became a predominantly homosexual disease at first and then spread to others through sexual content and even through needles (blood) and even through childbirth to children. With that said, MY point was to show how God doesn't want us to go with out what we might call a "fun" life, so much as he wants to protect us from these diseases and consequences of the sins we commit. He doesn't write the rules for nothing. It's for the peoples own good. Drug use, sharing needles, unmarital sex, homosexual sex, promiscuity. All wrong doings that if people obeyed God and stopped doing, would slow down, if not end, the spread of AIDS.

Abortion is also a wrong doing that if stopped, would not only end the destruction of millions of human lives, which is the #1 priority, but would also stop all of the controversy in this country between those who condone it and those who don't. Think of all the 'good' that could come from living according to the one who made us.

BTW, bjean, no sooner did you give me your speech about keeping this thread on topic and going to the 'religious' thread to talk about what I want, you post your views on what I said about AIDS and homosexuals. Which was OFF TOPIC! You are such a hypocrite. You don't want me to get off topic, cause when I do, I say things about God, and it's not what you want to hear, but it's okay for you to get off topic to say what you want to. Well, maybe I didn't want to hear what you had to say off topic. Not the case. I don't feel that conversations between people can't turn into other topics or conversations. It's only when one doesn't like where the conversation is going that they shout "Off topic!" So, I will not post here for now. I may return at a later date to discuss abortion. who knows.

Edited by pattygreen

patty with all due respect... the reason I participated in the discussion about AIDS and the rest is because it was being discussed here and I wanted to participate. I didn't bring it up, you know?

I think you're the hypocrite and for some extremely obvious reasons. They run much deeper than the reason you used for accusing me of being a hyprocrite (for posting on a subject being discussed.)

I think that you're probably quite willing to jump off this thread because you can't possibly keep up with all of the negative responses to your posts. Oh you've done a good job of prattling on after everyone posts, but you're obviously losing the battle.

There are a few people here who have stated that they are atheists, but the majority do not say that they are non-believers or that they are not religious. If we go by your posts, you think you have the only key to the Bible, religion and spritiualism, the only one who has the knowledge that allows people to get into heaven, and yet you constantly put down your fellow man for nearly every reason in the book. So you come across as the hypocrite and that is why so many people jump on you full force.

If you were the kind of person that demonstrated that she deserves to be respected for her beliefs, people would be deferential to you at least and they might argue a bit but they wouldn't get so outraged by the continual hypocrisy laced throughout your posts.

See you over on the religious threads. Buh bye.

Btw, you never had to go off topic to bring religion into the discussion. But it was like you hijacked every thread. You didn't want to relate religion to any of the topics, you wanted to dominate every topic and you judged everyone else who posted in your usual extremely negative way.

Well said as always BJean. I agree with you, she does highjack this thread and I for one am getting tired of it. If I wanted to her that kind of nonsense I would go to church and be born "again" *rolls eyes*