Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, please! Premier Protein shakes taste awful to me.. Need recommendations!

I use Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. It is one of the top rated Protein powders you can buy. I mix in a heaping scoop of vanilla with 8oz of Skim Milk. Occasionally I add some crystal light to change up the flavors. This is has been very good and each serving with milk is about 31-32 grams of Protein.

I just bought Isopure unflavored today. I'm gonna give it a test run for a few days but so far, so good. 110 calories, 26 gms Protein 0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 sugar. Supposedly mixes well in hot or cold. I mixed it with a bit of diluted juice and could not taste it!

Edited by BLERDgirl

Hate Premiere as well. I drink Synergy nectar (lemonade or ice tea). Found three flavors of Isopure RTD. Grape, ice tea and blue frost.

However don't toss what you have. What I didn't like at three weeks I can stomach now. So buy small sizes and try after a few weeks if you don't like now.

You can return them if you do not like them. I tried a new powder Saturday. It was horrid. I took my receipt and returned it for a full refund.

Hate Premiere as well. I drink Synergy nectar (lemonade or ice tea). Found three flavors of Isopure RTD. Grape, ice tea and blue frost.

However don't toss what you have. What I didn't like at three weeks I can stomach now. So buy small sizes and try after a few weeks if you don't like now.

Thanks, Lani. I got some Isopures to try! Hoping for the best!

Save them for after surgery. Your tastes will change.

I'm not a fan of any RTD except Premier Protein. Syntrax Peanut Butter cookie is great in a blender with milk and ice.

Before surgery I hated and I mean hated Tomato Soup. I only had it once in my life . But, post op that was the only Soup I had left and I had to eat. Now, I totally love it!! I actually need more lol

Good luck

They GNC they have a brand call lean me…its really great in taste the berry is my fav...

I haven't read the entire thread so sorry if these have already been mentioned...but I really like Muscle Milk light already made shakes. I use them as my quick grab and go Protein. I use Syntrax Nectar or Unjury for when I make my shakes.

For me the problem with premier is that it's too thick and then its too bland and too sweet. Its at least what my post op taste buds are telling me. My NUT approved mixing half an 11oz container with nonfat milk. It thins it out. Too add a chocolate punch, I add a scoop of unsweetened cocoa powder. Now it's got a depth of flavor and the bitterness that I like in my chocolate. Add back in a little sweetener or sf syrup....but I'm newly post op at home and have time for that kind of stuff. But it's so much better know......

I love Premier but when I had the lapband- I bought raspberry & orange extracts to add to the shakes just to change it up. I'm now waiting for revision surgery and plan on doing the same again

Keep them around, your taste may change after surgery. I know mine did. I didn't like Premier before surgery. Like you, I didn't like the fake sweet taste either, but now they're not bad. I also use Syntrax Nectar Triple Truffle. It's a whey isolate so it mixes with Water very easily. I just put a scoop in a bottle, shake it and I'm ready to go! It doesn't clump or separate, and tastes great (to me)!

Unjury has chicken Soup powder that is great stats and savory

Never used any ready to drink shakes I didn't find any I liked. Purchased Unjury chocolate flavor. Mix it with coconut almond milk in a shaker Took it on the go wherever I went. Heated up for hot cocoa. I went to IKEA and bought several metal tumbler cups with lids and they keep my drinks cold or hot first long as I take to drink them. And I use a thermos to take extra milk to work if I need it. I carry GENEPRO flavorless Protein Powder add to my Water or oatmeal or crystal light.