Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biotin how much are you taking

So just recently I've noticed my hair falling out I'm 3 month out and I was wondering how much Biotin are you taking ?

Generally Hair loss is normal up until 6 months out. Getting in your protien should help with this. I have however noticed that my hair is a little thin (it was fine to begin with) I started taking some Biotin, one a day just to help get it a little healthier but ahead of the supplement I just started taking I was just getting in what was in my Multi-Vitamin.< /p>

My nut said for Biotin to be effective at helping manage Hair loss that we should take at least 3000 mcg per day. I found some chews at GNC that were 5000, but are expensive at 30 for 30 chews, although they were buy one get one half off. However, just the other day I was in cvs and they had 10000mcg for only 10 for 30 chews. I'm only a month out, so everything still has to be crushable or chewable still, so you may be able to get away with just a straight pill. Probably cheaper and easier on the carbs!

5000 one pill per day. Have only been doing it a week, so no improvement in Hair loss yet, but my fingernails are better. They were paper thin. Not sure if that is an effect or not.

I'll start with 5000 and then 10000 thanks you guys . I know it works for hour nails too

I've been taking 2 x 10,000mcg for a couple years now - get mine off of Amazon and the price is pretty good.

I take 3 5000 MCG pills a day. I got a bottle of them from Target. My nails are pretty but hair is still thinning. I hope it goes away soon. I'm taking in 100 g of Protein a day.

So beware of Biotin. I haven't done a ton of research but I started taking 5000 a day and after about a week.. Maybe a little more..started breaking out terribly all on my jawline and then just painful ones randomly around my face. I thought it was my period because it was my first period post surgery. Besides the surgery and vitamins.. Biotin was the only thing I had recently changed that wasn't right from the dr. Looked it up on YouTube and saw girls experiencing the same thing from biotin. I stopped taking it immediately and they have almost went away about a week later.

Edited by robinswls

Sorry to hear this robinswls. I've been on Biotin for about 2.5 years and had no issues with spots at all - just stronger nails and although my hair has fallen out somewhat, I've had quite a lot of re-growth which I don't think I would have had quite so much of without the Biotin. Just for the nail strengthening alone though I would be still taking the biotin.

Maybe its inter reacting with something else you are on? Were there any other common factors with the girls on YouTube?

Glad its stopped now though - Our bodies are certainly going through enough without that...

Please be aware, regardless of what dose of Biotin you are taking, it does NOT keep hair from falling out. However, it promotes hair regeneration or in other words, growth of new hair. I am 3 months out and have been losing hair for 1 to 2 months now.

My hair is going crazy on me. I have pretty long hair. And it's kinda thin, but really curly. Lately it has been dead and frizzy. And now it's starting to come out like crazy! I've been taking Biotin but not like I should. I am starting today though! Every day I comb it and it looks like I am flushing a cat down the toilet! I'll be destroyed if my hair doesn't go back to what it used to be. ='/