Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm set for Monday, the 19th @ 6 AM. Ditto to what everyone here has said - except the pre-op liquid diet. My surgeon has had me dieting for 3 months to shrink my liver, and I'm supposed to continue that until 12pm the night before.

I go to my pre-op meeting with the surgeon on Monday and perhaps then I'll be put on some more specific diet. So far, they just told me to lose 5% of my weight or 15lbs, but by last weigh in I had lost 22lbs and I think I've lost a couple more since then. I'm hoping not to have to go on a super-strict diet till the surgery since I have a few fancy meals I have to attend and I wouldn't mind a good send off. However, the weight loss comes first, so whatever the doctor says I'll do.

Yeah my pre opp appointment is on Tuesday maybe there give me some type of diet then even though I been dieting my self. I only been drinkinh Water since September 1st. I also been exercising and walking as much as I can. Im so excited for this surgery.

I'm scheduled for jan15...I have a lot of coworkers who have had the surgery and ive heard there stories mant times and they all seem pretty happy with the results...the one thing nobody told is how hard the preop could be..I was told to be on a liquid diet for one week before surgery...I'm 5'1 and 230 pounds...I stated a video journal to keep me motivated and also so I can look back after my sugery an see how far I've come...

Just want to tell everyone to stay motivated and keep moving toward!

Yes everyone needs to keep each other motivated that's what I love about this site. To be able to communicate with people that Is going through the same thing. I also know a few people that has had the surgery they all are very happy. Good luck on your surgery @@llali82

I'm scheduled for jan15...I have a lot of coworkers who have had the surgery and ive heard there stories mant times and they all seem pretty happy with the results...the one thing nobody told is how hard the preop could be..I was told to be on a liquid diet for one week before surgery...I'm 5'1 and 230 pounds...I stated a video journal to keep me motivated and also so I can look back after my sugery an see how far I've come...

Just want to tell everyone to stay motivated and keep moving toward!

Congrats on the date coming so soon. I don't know anyone who had ever had a gastric surgery except for one uncle who had a lap bad a decade ago. This whole experience is unexpected for me. Tough so far and I expect even tougher in the future. I'm so ready for it.

My surgery is January 26th and I'm neither anxious or nervous. I know what I am doing is for my own health & for my children to live a healthier lifestyle too.

Are you packed and ready to go? Good luck to you ????

My surgery is January 26th and I'm neither anxious or nervous. I know what I am doing is for my own health & for my children to live a healthier lifestyle too.

Are you packed and ready to go? Good luck to you ????

Nowhere close I probably won't even pack until the morning of since I'm not scheduled until 1pm that way I'll have something to do to keep my mind occupied since I won't be able to even have a glass of Water after midnight wed night...I.may even be a little bitchy that day...I've already fore warned my husband...Im mentally preparing myself for a pretty rough morning.

My surgery is January 21st also. I am going through periods of I am so ready to scared of complications. I have my preop on the 15th. I have not been put on any kind of liquid diet yet unless he does on the 15th. I am so glad we have people we can talk to that understand what we arr feeling. Prayers for everyone!!!!

:)

Edited by llali82

Good luck to everyone's success. I am 12.5 weeks post op but truly remember these feelings. A few things I did not know to expect after surgery...

It is difficult to drink enough Water. The nurse told me to sip from the tiny medicine cup and she was so right! I used that cup for like the whole first week to 10 days...tiny sips. Lots and lots of tiny sips!

If you don't have one, get a body shaper for when you go back to work. Sitting in a chair all day is much more difficult than sitting on your couch. The body shapers support helps ALOT

Don't even try to eat bread - it hurts! I know we are supposed to do all low carb but even a few bites are terribly uncomfortable...just not worth it.

They told me not to drink 30 mins before and after a meal, they are right...you will be sick if you drink while eating. I could hardly imagine not drinking when I ate, but you just can't.

While there was some discomfort, it was not anything I would not do again in an instant! It took me 6 weeks to get back to sleeping in my bed, I was much more comfortable sitting up in a recliner.

Take biotin!!! I am losing my hair like crazy - take biotin! I just recently started that, no one told me that...now my hair is very thin.

Best wishes to all - it gets better! I feel so great being able to feel more comfortable in clothes, sliding into a booth at a restaurant :) I am going on a zip line next month with my sons Boy Scout Troop. I did not go last year when I found out the weight limit was 250 lbs and it was one of the things that drove my decision to have WLS. I am down to 237 today and know I will be further in my journey by the end of next month!

All this information is awesome. Thank you everyone for sharing this information and telling your stories I really appreciate it. I wish everyone the best of luck can't wait for surgery. Yes i am a bit nervous but I knoe it will be worth IT

Well it just got real!

Final preop Appt today and final weigh in. On south beach phase 1 until Breakfast day before surgery. Then liquid till midnight.

Received my "what to expect" in hospital papers and outlines for liquid, puréed and soft stage diets for post op.

Now to start making those "lists". Scared shitless, excited, nervous, everything all rolled up into one. I need a quick drink but not allowed on phase 1 (or at work) Lol. At least I can laugh bout things....